Tammo's Fan Fiction Competition III: Write a thriller!

Started by Captain Tammo, October 12, 2019, 02:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Better late than never, time for a new contest!

So how will this work for number three?

The theme: the theme of the competition is, write a thriller! This theme is different than the previous contests. Now I'm picking the genre of the fanfic in the spirit of Halloween. Write us a thriller to keep us on edge during the whole story. If you're curious about what makes a story a thriller, think of them as fast-paced stories that don't waste time hopping into the meat of a  plot. Usually in thrillers there's always something about to happen that we really want to see, and the author will only tell us if we keep reading. I imagine this one may be a little trickier than before, so feel free to PM me with questions!

Length: Exactly as long as it needs to be to tell the story! But please keep it in the style of a one-shot (i.e. one entry or chapter). The entry can be an excerpt from an existing fanfic you wrote, so long as you find a way to incorporate the theme into it! You may also nominate other peoples' works that are on the forum!

Judging: I'll be judging again, but please PM me if you'd like to nominate another judge to join me this round!

Timeline: the competition begins as soon as you read this (i.e. right now!) and ends November 8, or when it's deemed that all the forum members who'd like to participate have already submitted. Whichever comes first!

Prizes: We've got a shiny new signature badge for the first place winner!

Most importantly, how to enter: to enter, just post your fanfic on the board and include [Tammo's Competition III] in the subject line. I'll come read it and let you know when I've finished!

That's all for now! Now for the fun part!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Jarky Thistlebrush

Ooh, sounds interesting! I might join. If I decide I can afford some time off writing my current projects.
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

The Grey Coincidence

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH! Sounds nice. I will definetly be submitting something.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

MathLuk

By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

One-Eye the wildcat

"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Sebias of Redwall

Interesting... I think I might try one if I have time!
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Captain Tammo

Wow awesome!! Let me know if you guys have questions, want to extend the contest or anything like that :)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Grey Coincidence

Captain Tammo

Hi everyone! A quick check in: I've received two PMs about extending the contest deadline. How would people feel about this?

MathLuk

The Grey Coincidence

I'm hesitant. On the ooooooone hand I do have something I want to write for it that's taking way too long to write (not because of anything bad or anything just that it's a long story) and so an extension would be nice. Thaaaaaaaaaaat said if I'm the only one who's gonna be writing something in this period I'm fine with just using the submission I slapped together the other day. Don't want to hold everyone else back and stuff.
Soooo er- @Sebias of Redwall @Keva Strongbow @Jarky Thistlebrush you writing something?

Captain Tammo

Ok, let's extend it out two weeks and hold on judging until the weekend of the 22. Sound good all around? :)

MathLuk

Jarky Thistlebrush

I'm sorry, but I don't think I'll be able to write something. Just haven't got the time.
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.