Graves.

Started by Matthias Martin, December 18, 2011, 12:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on January 14, 2014, 05:03:03 PM
@Plugg: Still, Redwall dosn't seem to be THAT large in the books. It dosn't really give the inpression of it being big in your imagenation when reading any Redwall book.
Oh, and that sounds like an intresting topic, "How big is Redwall Abbey?". I might start a topic like that...

I think it is rather big, after all, why would so many vermin war lords want it.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on May 21, 2014, 04:24:13 AM
@Plugg: Still, Redwall dosn't seem to be THAT large in the books. It dosn't really give the inpression of it being big in your imagenation when reading any Redwall book.
Oh, and that sounds like an intresting topic, "How big is Redwall Abbey?". I might start a topic like that...

I think it is rather big, after all, why would some many vermin war lords want it.

Treazure iz uzually ze motive. Slagar moight 'ave 'ad ze roight idea nae tryin' tae conquer it.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on May 29, 2014, 01:00:44 AM

I think it is rather big, after all, why would some many vermin war lords want it.

Treazure iz uzually ze motive. Slagar moight 'ave 'ad ze roight idea nae tryin' tae conquer it.

Not usually, most of the time they wanted it for their own, as their fort. In Marfox they were after treasure though.

Indeed, and he almost succeeded.

click the banner

Rusvul

Yes, and they failed because everybody except Mokkan was an idiot.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on May 31, 2014, 02:00:22 AM
Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on May 29, 2014, 01:00:44 AM

Not usually, most of the time they wanted it for their own, as their fort. In Marfox they were after treasure though.

Indeed, and he almost succeeded.
Though most of the warlords claimed that there was treasure inside Redwall. That has happened in almost every Redwall book.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Tam and Martin on June 10, 2014, 11:46:11 PM
Though most of the warlords claimed that there was treasure inside Redwall. That has happened in almost every Redwall book.

Really? I thought that was more in the book Salamandastron where the vermin were after treasure.

click the banner

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on June 14, 2014, 05:00:44 AM
Quote from: Tam and Martin on June 10, 2014, 11:46:11 PM

Really? I thought that was more in the book Salamandastron where the vermin were after treasure.
[/quote] Salamandastron was probably where it happened most though I think I can recall a few other times it happened.

Tim Churchmouse

I'd have thought that until the Pearls Of Lutra they used St Ninians Church for graves, and continued using it as a cemetery.
This is your referral link!
PLEEEEEASE CLICK MULTIPLYFYING TIMES!!!!!!!

Cornflower MM

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on June 05, 2014, 05:19:30 AM
Yes, and they failed because everybody except Mokkan was an idiot.

Ziral wasn't that much of an idiot, neither was Vannan. But, yes, the oneMarlfox that was least idiotic (Besides Lantur) was Mokkan. And we're really off topic here, aren't we?

Graves. Depressing subject. But interesting, nonetheless. . . . .

The Skarzs

Perhaps there is a burial ground that they use out on the plains, because the amount would be very large.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

Only in wartimes they would be very large and usually the wars are very spread apart  :P 

The Skarzs

Except that the amount of creatures who have died over the entire series would be massive.
Oh, another idea: St. Ninian's. Perhaps there's a cemetery there that they've used; comes to sense it being a supposed church.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

That is what several people have said but in POL, they kinda burned it. (SPOILER!!!!) They still could have used it though.

The Skarzs

They burned the building; nothing was said about the land around it.
Speaking of such, do you think BJ intentionally had St. Ninian's burned to remove it's possibility of being part of his later stories?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

Not too sure. He wasn't really using it in any of the books besides Redwall so he may have just decided to get it out of the story.