News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Repeated Names?

Started by BrookSkimmer, December 27, 2011, 04:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.

Mariel

I don't know if this was mentioned before,but the name Viola was used twice. The first was in Matthias she was the extremely annoying bankvole,older sister of baby Rollo. The second time was in Pearls of Lutra, when Rollo was an old vole, there is another Viola (who cannot be Rollo's older sister,she is much younger than him).

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Mariel on December 26, 2013, 10:50:41 PM
I don't know if this was mentioned before,but the name Viola was used twice. The first was in Matthias she was the extremely annoying bankvole,older sister of baby Rollo. The second time was in Pearls of Lutra, when Rollo was an old vole, there is another Viola (who cannot be Rollo's older sister,she is much younger than him).
Um, I think Rollo's older sister was named Cynthia, not Viola. :)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Unimaginative

Scratch was a vermin name you could find every other book.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

LordTBT

Quote from: HanNorwood on December 29, 2013, 07:48:02 PM
Scratch was a vermin name you could find every other book.

Actually there are only 2.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on December 26, 2013, 11:38:05 PM
Quote from: Mariel on December 26, 2013, 10:50:41 PM
Um, I think Rollo's older sister was named Cynthia, not Viola. :)
'Tis true.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on December 28, 2011, 06:28:43 AM
Ripfang and Ripfang, from Mossflower and Lord Brocktree, is an example of a repeated name. There's actually a lot of discussion about them possibly being the same character, but Jacques affirmed it as coincidence.

Coincidence. Are y sure he wasn't just pulling the leg of whoever asked?

The Skarzs

It had to be coincidence; the same Ripfang would have died of old age. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Hmm....Didn't think about that before. But I still stick with my thinking that it's not.

Shadowed One

Quote from: Ceteruler on April 24, 2012, 12:44:47 AM
Ripfang is the same guy as Ripfang in both books! Lord Boar the Fighter said that Ripfang had been in the mountain before.
or maybe that's just what it seems like.
Jacques said it was coincidence, so if that is what he said , then it is coincidence.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Lady Amber

Weren't there two hedgehogs in the series named Pozy? One in the book Mossflower and one in the book The Rogue Crew.

Tam and Martin

Pretty sure there was. Posy Cogg's, Ferdy's, and Spike's sister and then there was Posy Uggo's.........friend........

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Shadefur nightblade

Maybe Redwall names are the same as regular names, and some are more popular than others.

Russa Nodrey

I'm pretty sure there's a repeated name in The Bellmaker, can't remember what it was though.
Freddy

Lady Amber

There were two Ruggans, also. One in The Rogue Crew named Ruggan Axehound who was an otter, and one in Taggerung named Ruggan Bor, who was a fox.