"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Project S.L.A.G.A.R

Started by Log a Log Grenn, June 12, 2011, 10:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.

Shadowed One

I don't know, but every time I try to go to it, it says server error.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Redwaller

The most probable thing is that the owner shut it down.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Redwaller on November 10, 2013, 01:02:24 PM
The most probable thing is that the owner shut it down.
Does anybody know why the owner shut it down? Debugging problems, prehaps?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on March 04, 2012, 03:25:05 AM
He's all finished up answering questions, but here's his email if you want:
askslagar@gmail.com
Do you think he'd reply if I sent him an email? ;D Or is the email address shut down?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Shadowed One

The last activity on the website was more than 6 years ago. I doubt he would respond.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Jukka the Sling

Maybe not, but someone else on here once wrote to him a couple years ago... so maybe I'll write him anyway. :D
When someone wrote to him a couple years ago

Quote from Nightfire:
I did. I found his Email address, and even though he is retired from the site now, I still emailed him. He sent back his usuall list of insults. Here is what I wrote to him:

Dear Slagar the Cruel,
> I have a few questions. Please just give me straight answers.
>
> 1. What do you think of Ranguvar Foeseeker? Beacause she's my great-great-great-great aunt.
> 2. Is there a way to enhance a longbow's strength? Because I want to skewer you with an arrow, but you're too far away.
> 3. Am I allowed to shoot you between the eyes with my poison darts? Because I hate you.
> 4. What happened to the fire lizards that lived in Salamandastron? Because no one ever talks about them anymore.
> 5. Hey, mind if I burn down the Dark Forest? That way you'll be forced to leave so I can resurrect you and then kill you again.
> 6. What the heck is 'Slagar' supposed to mean, anyway? Redflash or Mousedeath sounds much cooler.
> 7. Do you mind if I bury your mother underrgroung in Admodeus' cave? Because I hate her.
> 8. How come you're a male fox, but you're a healer? I thought only vixens could be healers.
> 9. Do you think I should get some more weapons? I have a longbow, dirk, and blowpipe, but I think I'll need a sword.
> 10. Do you mind if I kill Matthias? Not that I need your permission, of course.
>
> That mask of yours makes you look like you belong in a circus.
>
> Sincerely,
> Nightfire, Mercenary Squirrelqueen of the Northlands.

And this is what he responded:

Dear Nightmare,

Wow, you Northlanders sure aren't an observant lot, are you? Probably due to your foolishness. Since you're all fools up there, I mean. My stint in the advice column business ended seasons ago when that "Project Slagar" thing was retired. But, what the hellgates, might as well bang out a list of rote numbered insults for old time's sake:

1. I don't think of her. Nobody else does, either. Crimony, you couldn't pick a better ancestor to latch onto?
2. Yeah, I have an idea: point it at somebeast who isn't already dead.
3. I'm guessing your aim is such that I wouldn't have to worry.
4. It's called a "legend", Nightfire. Legends aren't real - there were no such lizards! Just like there never was a Luke.
5. An admirable goal, but I'm pretty sure they fireproofed the place. At least, I think that's why all of these trees seem to be made of aluminum...
6. It's Ragals backwards, of course.
7. Asmodeus is dead as well, you know. And by all means, defile both of their resting places. Get the rest of my enemies while you're at it.
8. I thought only fools wrote in to defunct advice columns! (NOTE: I was right)
9. I think you should get some psychiatric help.
10. You really enjoy threatening the dead, huh? Alright, tell you what: find a way for the dead to come back to life, and I'll give you the first swing at Matthias. Of course, I'll also return from the dead around that time, which means your own life will be dramatically shortened. But then you could just come back again, so... why am I wasting so much brain power on such a patently worthless query? YOU. YOU'RE A FOOL. THE END.

Heeheehee.
[close]
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Taggerung_of_Redwall

An older version of the site is accessible with less content than the broken link. I believe all of the Ask Slagar content is there, but I can't remember what all there was...

And as of yesterday, I archived everything from this one on Wayback yesterday, just to be sure. That of course led me to all the links and a good deal of time surveying a lot of old ROC fan sites. Good times.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

UNKN0WN

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on February 21, 2014, 08:06:33 PM
An older version of the site is accessible with less content than the broken link. I believe all of the Ask Slagar content is there, but I can't remember what all there was...

Tails the Fox is on that page!  :o

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

UNKN0WN

a crumb

yes, i am resurrrecting a seven year old thread. it's important.

i cannot stress enough how much i have always loved this project. it's just glorious. it's a silly, light-hearted experiment that just descends (ascends?) into a bizarre, clever metafiction. all these years and i still think of it often. it is a testament to how wonderful the existence of the roc can be (and his horde shouted agreement.)

i am really glad to see it's still fully accessible.

Tungro

Doesn't seem accessible from my end unfortunately

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Booklover

Fascinating.

Has anyone done the Easter eggs? So far, I've found the first, second (well...), third, fifth and sixth, can't find the fourth and I've found where the seventh should be but can't find the link. It's more of a 'does it still exist' question that what the answer is.

Edit: Done, sorta. Got all the letters, anyway.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.