News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Melanda's Quest

Started by WildDoogyPlumm, March 24, 2012, 05:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildDoogyPlumm

Okay, I've always wanted to know more about Melanda, Tam, Doogy, Armel, Brooky, and Tergen's quest to return Araltum and Idga's flag, which is briefly explained in the epilogue of Rakkety Tam.  So I'm going to write a version myself!  Note: I'm writing this in first-person because it's supposed to be Melanda's account of the quest.

Chapter One

The great steel sword hung strapped across my back as we waved good-bye to the creatures of Redwall.  As the gates closed, we all called farewells as our friends yelled back.
"You have the flag, right?  Give Araltum and Idga's tails a kick for me, mates!"
"Of course!  Whoohahahaha!"
"Och, we wouldnae leave wi'out the banner!  Guidbye, Father Abbot!"
"Goodbye, you six!  Good luck!"
"Karaah!  This bird will watch out for the others!"
The gates swung closed and we turned to the road in front of us.  I felt the sword clunking against my back as I strode between Dad and Uncle Doogy.  "Those two wee braggarts probably think we're long dead," chuckled Dad.
"Aye, we said we'd return lang ago!" laughed Doogy. "Doesnae matter much, though.  One season or twenny, we've taken our tame."

I'll add more later.  Please give constructive criticism and maybe help out with writing the accents if you can!

"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Dannflower Reguba

Criticism.......................... ;D 
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

WildDoogyPlumm

Okay, adding more.

Minutes stretched into hours, and evening was descending.  I was getting sleepy, but also still a bit nervous, having never been far from Redwall myself.
Suddenly Mom stopped. "Over there!" she whispered, pointing into the trees.  I turned to look but saw nothing. "I thought I saw something moving!"
"Aye, I saw it too," said Aunt Brooky.
"I don't see anything," I said.  But just then something flashed in the undergrowth! "Was that it?" I grabbed Martin's sword but felt my paws trembling.  I'd never fought an enemy before, just family and friends at Redwall in training.  Regardless, I edged forward towards the trees.
Mom made as if to stop me, but I heard Dad stop her, saying he'd go with me and that I would be okay.  I felt him appear beside me, holding his dirk, as we slipped off into the woods.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Redwall rules

Thats really good, If The book is as good as that I really need to read it!
Yah, go and boil your beak, General Pongo!!!

Said by someone from the book Mattimeo

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Redwall rules on April 03, 2012, 07:05:12 PM
Thats really good, If The book is as good as that I really need to read it!
The actual Rakkety Tam book is much better, trust me.  I can't write quite like Jacques(I think very few people can).

Nightfire

Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Søren

I'm impressed. I can't write like that. Well, I never tried. ;D

I'm retired from the forum

MatthiasMan

I can write but I keep it to myself. Never wanted to be the famous type yknow?