News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Guardians of Ga'Hoole

Started by Dannflower Reguba, March 28, 2012, 03:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which book is your favorite?

The Capture
2 (9.1%)
The Journey
1 (4.5%)
The Rescue
0 (0%)
The Siege
2 (9.1%)
The Shattering
0 (0%)
The Burning
2 (9.1%)
The Hatchling
0 (0%)
The Outcast
0 (0%)
The First Collier
0 (0%)
The Coming of Hoole
0 (0%)
To be a King
0 (0%)
The Golden Tree
0 (0%)
The River of Wind
1 (4.5%)
Exile
0 (0%)
The War of the Ember
0 (0%)
Can't Decide
7 (31.8%)
Haven't read any
6 (27.3%)
Don't like the books
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Dannflower Reguba

Hi, I was just wondering who of you was a fan of the Guardians (MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!) This topic is for all Guardians fans to post ALL of their feelings about it, Favorite book/part, annoying things about it, favorite character, and so on. I personally really like Soren. I found the mention of their version of dirty jokes a little obnoxious but that's pretty much it for me.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwallfan7

I never read them, but right now I'm reading the Harry Potter books. I'm only on the first.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Wolfstar

I read the books and saw the movie.
Happy and kind.

Dannflower Reguba

I saw the movie, and the books are even better!

I got it to work! yes! here is the trailer to the movie!

Nightfire

I LOVE the movie, and I LOVE the books. And in both, Gylfie is my all-time favorite character. ;D And I personally think of the movie as an AU version of the books, which is why I'm not all angry that it deviated from the movie so much.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

DanielofRedwall

I'm currently up to book 9 "The First Collier", although I'm finding it hard to find time to read it when I'm already reading a whole stack of books! TBH, I preferred the books before "The Hatchling" when it focussed more on the band.
The movie was alright, but I hated how the messed up the storyline so much. Kludd is supposed to be Metal Beak! However, I think the animation was pretty incredible and the battle scenes were really well done. I liked how Zack Snyder's trademark slow-motion was put to good use. The voice acting was incredible as well. Unfortunately I couldn't see it in 3D.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Dannflower Reguba

Don't worry, they get better again. The siege was one of the better if not the best of the books. And about the movie, yea it deviated a lot, But it was still really good!

Lutra

The ending implies that Kludd will become Metalbeak if they do a sequel movie.  I didn't catch that piece the first time and someone mentioned that its Kludd in the shadows as Soren mentions his body was never found. ;)

I really did enjoy the books--read all of them except the history tales (in the middle).  The movie did make a pretty muddled mess of the first three books, but you can never totally adapt a book into a movie without leaving things on the cutting room floor.  Redwall had to make changes too for a tv adaptation and I wasn't too upset with the changes because I understood they had to happen for a visual adaptation.  Not all emotion from the book, can be translated to the screen.

Guardians was one of the few times I saw the movie before I read the books--usually its the other way around.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Lutra on March 30, 2012, 01:16:21 AM
The ending implies that Kludd will become Metalbeak if they do a sequel movie.  I didn't catch that piece the first time and someone mentioned that its Kludd in the shadows as Soren mentions his body was never found. ;)
That's a good way of thinking about it. I guess they could do that. However, the movie didn't do particuarly well in the box office, so I don't think there'll be a sequel.
Quote from: Lutra on March 30, 2012, 01:16:21 AM
Guardians was one of the few times I saw the movie before I read the books--usually its the other way around.
For me, I saw the trailer of the movie and was like "that looks awesome!", so I decided I'd read the first three books (the ones the movie was based on) and then watch the movie. I think that was a good idea.

Did you know that the movie was created mostly in Australia by Animal Logic (the people who made Happy Feet)? The animal that attacks Kludd and Soren at the start is a Tasmanian devil. That part annoyed me as the books weren't based in Australia.

Lutra

^ True, but I'd rather Animal Logic create the film than someone like Blue Sky Studios.  Animal Logic knows how to animate birds--very well!  I could overlook the tasmanian devil for a gorgeous film.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Lutra on March 30, 2012, 11:53:35 AM
^ True, but I'd rather Animal Logic create the film than someone like Blue Sky Studios.  Animal Logic knows how to animate birds--very well!  I could overlook the tasmanian devil for a gorgeous film.
Definitely. But to be honest, Rio did have pretty good animation. But the CGI animation on Guardians was much better than anything Blue Sky could create (or at least have created). It was really beautiful to watch, especially on the slow-motion scenes like when Soren flies through the hurricane or the fire.

Dannflower Reguba

It wasn't a hurricane, having gone through the entire series I learned a few things: Hurricanes and Tornadoes CANNOT be flown through! In the movie, Soren and the rest were just flying through a gale over the Ga'hoole sea.

Icefire

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on March 29, 2012, 12:32:53 AM
I'm currently up to book 9 "The First Collier", although I'm finding it hard to find time to read it when I'm already reading a whole stack of books! TBH, I preferred the books before "The Hatchling" when it focussed more on the band.
The movie was alright, but I hated how the messed up the storyline so much. Kludd is supposed to be Metal Beak! However, I think the animation was pretty incredible and the battle scenes were really well done. I liked how Zack Snyder's trademark slow-motion was put to good use. The voice acting was incredible as well. Unfortunately I couldn't see it in 3D.
Wow! I agree with everything you just said! Like work for word.
I couldn't stand the movie. My friend and I actually went specifically to sit there and point out everything that went wrong.
Yeah, the first part of the series is the best. I didn't like the strange witchcrafty turn the books took and I started to miss the band even though they were still around.
Hey, Nightfire! Gylfie was my favorite, too!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Icefire on March 30, 2012, 03:43:26 PM
Quote from: DanielofRedwall on March 29, 2012, 12:32:53 AM
Wow! I agree with everything you just said! Like work for word.
I couldn't stand the movie. My friend and I actually went specifically to sit there and point out everything that went wrong.
Yeah, the first part of the series is the best. I didn't like the strange witchcrafty turn the books took and I started to miss the band even though they were still around.
Hey, Nightfire! Gylfie was my favorite, too!
Yes the Fingrot and all that other stuff wasn't exactly necessary, and the wolves eye's thing was kinda stupid. But just the same the second half was still pretty good!