Who wants redwall books by another author

Started by daskar666, June 28, 2011, 06:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HashRouge

Quote from: daskar666 on July 26, 2011, 05:08:20 PM
I agree that reusing locations is a good idea, but sometimes (esp in the Mariel of Redwall vs Pearls of Lutra case) a bit more differences should be present.
Anyways, I just hope there's some unpublished Redwall books (altho that seems unlikely)
I don't know, I'd never noticed similarities between Mariel of Redwall and the Pearls of Lutra. In fact, Mariel of Redwall is possibly my least favourite book (aside from High Rhulain), whereas Pearls of Lutra is one of favourites. I think you're over-stating the similarities tbh - Mariel's family comprises her and Joseph, and neither are killed, whereas Grath's entire family is murdered; Grath never sets eyes on Redwall, unlike Mariel; Ublaz is not a corsair, unlike Gabool; Greypatch deserts, whereas Rasconza rebels.....I could go on.

James Gryphon

Quote from: HashRouge on July 27, 2011, 03:59:49 PM
...Ublaz is not a corsair, unlike Gabool.
I'd like to point out that technically Ublaz was a former corsair, so even though he isn't an active seafarer, he does have corsair credentials... and anyway, Gabool hadn't gone out to sea in some time either, preferring to reside at Fort Bladegirt for an unknown length of time, so they actually have about the same status in this case.
« Subject to editing »

Taggerung The Otter

I think someone should take off where BJ left  off
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Muse

I disagree. We can do it for fun, but... therewas just something about Jacques. he was a mature adult and an innocent child all at once, and that's hard to do.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Cheesethief

There's already so many very good books and another one by another author would be a complete failure if it was not up to the level of
BJ, which is a very high level. Plus, no one else writes in his style. In other words, it would be an unnecessary risk.

Skipper

yes, first they probably wouldnt have BJ's imagination, second it wouldnt look or sound right cause different authors have diffeent styles and for me BJ was one of a kind

Muse

Yeah. Redwall was first told to blind children, which is why Brian J. was so so so sooooooo descriptive. I can't write like that.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

eualaia

NONE SHALL REPLACE BRIAN JACQUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EULALIAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Taggerung The Otter

if it was made by someone who knew Redwall. Lady Shale But they also would not have his imagination
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Coobreedan

Roleplayings and fanfics are enough to be honest.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Log-a-Log

The bottom line is, if Redwall is kept going by another author, it wouldn't be Redwall anymore. Brian Jacques made Redwall, and no one else can make the same books and series.
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Log-a-Log on November 11, 2011, 12:50:46 AM
The bottom line is, if Redwall is kept going by another author, it wouldn't be Redwall anymore. Brian Jacques made Redwall, and no one else can make the same books and series.
Here here!
If someone else wrote Redwall, I wouldn't read it. >:( >:(
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Criya

Burr, oi'd be appressed if'n gudd ole Redwall wuddent sell.
I want to be able to read Redwall more. RIP BJ.
Criya's never to be trusted. No matter HOW pursuasive she is.
"I'm going to be your friend and hug you, and love you, and- OH! Look! Your head!"

Skipper

well spoken old gel, topmarks wot wot! wouldnt read a flippin redwall book by a different author, never! do you hear me never! though i might for a spot of jolly old brekkers wot! hows a bod supposed to survive without some sooperdupper vittles to help him gow good and strong doncha know?

Coobreedan

I found out about Ghost Authors the other day. They are hired by the author to carry on the story if they are busy. I would know if it was Brian Jacques or a Ghost Author though, I think we all would.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.