News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Official Minecraft Redwall Server thread!

Started by Gears, April 22, 2012, 06:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gears

Hey guys! i finally got enough people together for the making of the server!! As of now, we need people on here to help build the redwall universe, and after that we'll need people to moderate/play/whatever. This will be a Roleplay server, with special classes, with different loadouts! There will be your run-of-the-mill good guys, and the baddies, like rats, toads, and corsairs! We have quite a few plugins installed, like movecraft, worldwarp, epic gates, and tons of others! To join, this is the App you must fill out:

In game name:
Do you love redwall?:
Do you know alot about it?:
Secret word:
how often do you check your PM's?:  (i need this so i can issue a new ip every day.)
Free minecraft, or paid?:

After you fill that out, i will check it! If you are banned for some reason. (Lord, i hope not!) You can also make a ban appeal. When you join, you will be switched to creative to start building. After this is all done, with will proceed to have the most awesome roleplay ever! I will be hosting it on my machine, very frequently. (almost every day.) Every new day i will issue a new ip to join with, because my router changes it's ip for security reasons like clockwork. It's really annoying, but I'll just have to (secret word: Matthias) deal with it.

Rules:
1. No griefing
2. No stealing from anyone, unless you are a rat, or some other evil beast.
3. No swearing. redwall type swears are allowed, such as YOU YELLOW BELLIED SCUM SCRAPER! :D
4. When not roleplaying, you must have ( and ) at the beginning and end of your sentences.
5. No mods or hacks.... 'nuff said.
6. use common sense. If it makes people mad, and they don't have anger issues, it's probably wrong.
7. PVP is allowed, not excessively though. Only attack if they are enemies, (like rats and mice) Or your character has a personal quarrel.
8. Animals are turned off, since redwallers do not use animal products. chickens will be turned on for the evil characters, and for the good ones, for feathers.

After you have made an app, read the rules, and got accepted, Here's how it will go down:
1. You join as a guest.
2. You pick what race and class you want, with their custom loadout.
3. Soon, your custom skin will be made, and sent to you to wear whenever you are on the server.
4. If you have the free client, skins are not necessary.
5. If you DO have a paid account, and you don't wear your skin, you will be kicked.

Some of these rules don't apply as of now, since we are still in the creation stage.
Here's a load of pics to give you an idea of what we're doing! (very early alpha stage.)
To those in redwall forums: I'm posting this on minecraft forums too, so sorry if it sounded like you all knew nothing about redwall. XD

Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Varleyfray

Is that sandstone for the walls there, Gears? 

--XD I gotta remind you, the reason it's called "Redwall" is because the walls are reddish colored.  Red brick blocks would probably work better.

Gears

It is sandstone, but have you seen a brick building in minecraft? it looks REALLY derpy. Sandstone is a bit more muted. We're thinking of adding in some wool to the sandstone, for some red.

Varleyfray

I don't think redbrick looks all that bad.  I'd say use Nether stone, but it's so dark it usually looks black. XD

--Edit: I was able to get in, no one was around. Had a peek at the grounds, it seems a little small, and very squareish. I'm partial to the layout of http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs12/i/2006/309/9/1/Redwall_Abbey_by_JadeMatrix.jpg  that one there, myself.  Is this just a starting boxy shape to get some walls up?

Varleyfray

Hey Gears--here's those interior screens I promised:  Click the image for larger.

Dannflower Reguba

Uggghhh! i want to join you guys soooooo bad! But i don't have Minecraft!! (Pobably wont ever have it either).
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Gears

Some screenies of the newly-made Arfship!

Dannflower Reguba

Ummmm... Is there supposed to be a hole in the water?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Gears

Westfic helped TONS with the ship! He's really good at that stuff.

Gears

Quote from: danflorreguba on April 23, 2012, 04:04:31 PM
Ummmm... Is there supposed to be a hole in the water?
No, that's just an error with my graphics mod i have installed to make it pretty. It's not really there. :)

psybox

Gears

W0NWILL

In game name: Triscar
Experience with roleplaying/building: I can build and plan, know details that many people overlook, and I LOVE roleplaying
Do you love redwall?: YES
Do you know alot about it?: I've read all 22 books many, many times. Currently writing a fanfiction, set in Martin's lifetime
Secret word: Matthias
Free minecraft, or paid?: Paid

Name of character: Tila (based off one of my fan fiction characters
History: Born in the Northlands, Bred in Salamandastron, turned down promotion, assigned to Redwall Abbey areas with a captain
Description: Sergeant of the Long Patrol, Highlander accent
Species: Hare

Oh, and what era of Redwall is this set in? Mainly before or after the wreaking of Joseph Bell?

psybox

after, i think.  Try to join in as soon as you can, it's lonely here.

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers