News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Or... (a one-shot short story set during Doomwyte)

Started by Crystal Rose, May 31, 2012, 02:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crystal Rose

Summary: A different way Samolus Fixa could have asked to speak with Sister Ficaria... one-shot.
Disclaimer: Doomwyte characters belong to Brian Jacques. The OC is mine.

Samolus Fixa, Bisky, Dwink, and Umfry Spikkle went to the gardens to speak with Sister Cryse. Samolus spoke with Cryse, who smiled and nodded. They went back, and joined the three younger friends.
Sister Cryse was a beautiful black-furred squirrel with piercing ice-blue eyes. She wore a green habit, and was a skilled gardener. She also was a skilled cook, and knew how to feel hares- a skill she found useful on multiple occasions.
Together, Cryse and Samolus led the way to the Infirmary, and the former knocked on the door. Brother Torilis, the squirrel herbalist and Infirmary Keeper, opened it. Cryse looked up at him, and batted her eyelashes.
"Hello Brother Torilis. I was wondering if we could speak with Sister Ficaria for a bit." she explained. Brother Torilis did not appear the slightest bit flustered by her actions.
"Is this some kind of prank?" he asked.
"Oh, no Brother. She just has some information we want to hear. We won't harm her, don't worry. You know what, I'll even help you in the Infirmary while my friends speak with her!" Cryse replied.
"You, help in the Infirmary?" Torilis snorted. Cryse smiled coyly, and batted her lashes.
"I do know quite a bit about healing, but I would be more than willing to learn more! After all, such a smart squirrel like yourself must have a lot to teach!" she explained. Torilis finally appeared flustered, and struggled to regain control of his voice. Finally, he gave Cryse a rare smile and nodded.
"Of course. I'll let Sister Ficaria know." he agreed, walking back into the Infirmary.
"Thanks, Cryse!" Samolus whispered. Cryse giggled, and winked at him.
"It was nothing, Samolus!" she replied, as Sister Ficaria came to the door. Cryse entered the Infirmary, and let her friends leave. She smiled at Torilis, ready to show him what she knew and gain more knowledge of herbs and healing.

THE END!

A/N: Yeah...Brother Torilis is my favorite Doomwyte character. So....yeah! No explanation other than that. There may be other stories like this sometime in the future, so be on the lookout!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!! EULIALA!!!!!!!!!!

Dannflor

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Crystal Rose

I know it's a bit...weird, but still, it's one of those random things I wrote and wanted to post.

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Crystal Rose

gorath

My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Crystal Rose

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

cairn destop

My turn for a disclaimer.  Not having read the book, the characters remain unfamiliar to me, as well as the actions before and after this takes place.

1 --- They went back, and joined the three younger friends -- Based on this one sentence, the story is already over.  It stops the story before it had a chance to start.

2 --- She also was a skilled cook, and knew how to feel hares- a skill she found useful on multiple occasions -- the typo, "feel" instead of "feed," turned a simple declaration into a very comical line.

3 --- and batted her eyelashes -- definitely the more mature rating.

4 --- speak with her!" -- lose the exclamation point

5 --- finally appeared ... Finally, he -- try to keep word variety in mind.  Best not to use the same word so close together.  You may also want to consider the elimination of the ly-adverbs

Retirement:  What I earned from a lifetime of work.

KitrallStreamrippler

:D I thought it was funny. Brother Torilis- flustered? Heeheehee! That old stuffy-whiskers wouldn't know a flirt from a flan!
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Ungatt Trunn

Kind of strange... but it was also kind of funney :D!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Martin the warrior

Apples is ripe when they are ready  
When pears is ripe they'll fall
What must happen will happen or       
it won't happen at all

To love, you must first love yourself

Shadowed One

Ok, all I can say is......What in the world is the point of this story?
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Shadowed One on April 08, 2013, 03:14:19 PM
Ok, all I can say is......What in the world is the point of this story?
Just an alternitave way that this scene could have taken place, I guess....

Life is too short to rush through it.

rachel25

It was different  ;) have you writen any other fanfic's  :-*  :-\