News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Blade of Noonvale. A Tale from Redwall. Book 2.

Started by AbbotAlf0805, June 09, 2012, 11:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How is it?

EPIC REDWALL STORY!
9 (52.9%)
Cool!
5 (29.4%)
Decent
2 (11.8%)
Not to good
0 (0%)
What in the name of Hellgates?!? This is awful!
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

AbbotAlf0805

BOOK 2: The Song Of Noonvale

Ch. Seventeen

When Mattimeo, Tess, and Tim went down into the tunnel Tim lit a torch he found on the wall. They saw a large tapstry on each wall.

The tapastry had a young mouse holding a sword in the air with light shining on it. It also had the young mouse get caught by a stoat. Then the mouse was older and was working on a fortress as a slave they guessed. Then the mouse was being held by two poles and there was lightning in the sky with the stoat sitting on a chair on the wall of the fort. There were seagulls in the background and a young mousemaiden and mole behind some rocks throwing stones at the gulls. Then they saw the mole digging under the walls of the fort and making a tunnel for three slaves in a pit. They ran from the fort and got into a boat that then got wrecked on shore. They were separated and a young mouse and a squirrel met a traveling actor troupe while the other mouse, the maiden, and the mole where captured by shrews. Then they were set free from the shrews and continued their journey with a hedgehog. The younger mouse and the squirrel joined the acting troupe and freed most of the other slaves. The other adventures fought their way through cannibal lizards, swamp worms, and tribal squirrels. They then made it to a place that read on the tapastry, Noonvale, and rised an army. Meanwhile with the acting troupe and slaves fought many battles with the stoat. Then the bigger mouse and his friends brought an army to fight the stoat. They fought a large battle and got in to fortress. The squirrel had died in one on one combat with the stoat. Then the stoat and the great mouse warrior fought a battle and in the battle the stoat threw the maiden into a wall and killed her. Then the warrior mouse killed the stoat and took back his sword. Then he headed out to find a new home. Their young mouse friend became a healer, an otter slave who helped them throughout the battles left to sail the seas, and their mole friend retired in the Noonvale land......

"That's an amazing story." said Tim looking at Mattimeo and Tess. "What's that down there?" asked Tess pointing futher down the stairs. They walked down the stairs and entered a large sactuary with beautiful carvings on the walls. In the middle there was a tomb like object that the top was in the shape of a mousemaiden. "She looks like the one from the tapastry!" exclaimed Tim, "And look!" pointing at a pedastal in front of the tomb. It had a little slot in the middle as if it was made for a sword. Mattimeo pulled out the sword on his belt and stuck it in the slot. "A perfect fit!" said Mattimeo stepping back. Then the sword began to glow blue. Then a blue mist surrounded the pedestal and Rose's spirit appeared again. "Mattimeo.... You have come this far and.... now you shall learn the rest of the melody......" She said clearing her throat she sang,

"Look for me at dawning when the earth is asleep.

Till each dewdrop is kissed by the day,

'Neath the rowan and alder a vigil I'll keep,

Every moment that you are away..."

Then she vanished.
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

AbbotAlf0805

Ill make more. I hope you guys enjoy this story.
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

AbbotAlf0805

Ch. Eighteen

Barbossa, Elizabeth, and the remains of the crewmen that when on shore with him were headed for their longboats on the river Moss. They ran through the woods as fast as they could not looking back at what was behind them. It was beautiful day and it really did not match the moods of the survivors.
"Cap'n when we get back to the longboats do we head back to the ship an set sail?" asked Bulk.
"Aye Bulk that we will. I couldn't hold ye back to from seeing Stormwyte!" laughed the pirate mouse. Then the great albino badger blushed and said,
"Aye cap'n she be a dear." The crew made it to the longboats at about sundown and Elizabeth asked,
"Oh Barbossa can we please stop here for the night?"
"Aye we can miss. You two go get some wood fer a fire. You six go do runs around our camp for guard duty." said Barbossa. As they went off to do their jobs Elizabeth saw three creatures on the other side of the river.
"Barbossa.... There's figures on the other side and they see us!" wispered Elizabeth as she hid behind Barbossa. He pulled out Martin's sword as the figures got closer. She could then see who they were,
"Tess! Tim! Mattimeo!" As she ran to greet them Barbossa put up his sword and asked her,
"You know them?"
"Yes I do! The are fellow Redwallers!" said Elizabeth as she hugged Tess,
"I thought Devilrat had you! And all the Redwallers think your dead Mattimeo!"
"Well that's pleasant news. How goes the fighting?" asked Mattimeo. When he said this Elizabeth stood still and stared at the ground. Barbossa walked up and put his hand on her shoulder then said, "I'm Cap'n Barbossa Sparra And Redwall has fallen...." Tim fainted and Tess started crying and hugged Mattimeo.
"Is my father ok?!" asked Mattimeo.
"Aye he is alive but that blasted Devilrat has all of em in slavery."
"And Martin's swo-!" he stopped mid sentence to see Barbossa pull out Martin's sword.
"Your father wanted me to have it but seeing that your alive you should have it." said Barbossa handing him the sword. Mattimeo reached out to take it when he heard Rose's voice,
"Mattimeo.... Your time has not come...."
"I think you should have it." said Mattimeo stepping back.
"Alright then," said Barbossa putting the sword away, "Let's head back to my camp."

In the camp on the next day all was in complte swing. The pirate cooks were making breakfast for them while Barbossa talked to Tim about somthing they wouldn't let the others know and looking at old scrolls. Elizabeth was dipping her feet into the river and humming a tune. Mattimeo was laying against a tree talking to Tess.
"Oh Matty.. miss home.." said Tess hugging him tight with tears in her eyes. Mattimeo gave her a kiss and said, "I do to Tess.. I miss my father and mother.. the little dibbuns.. Abbot Alf.. the badgers... the Matthias and Methusalah bells..."
"Oh stop it Mattimeo! Your just teasing me!" she said laughing.
"Well I do!"
"I know that and I miss those things too.."
"Well we will take it back. I just know it!"
"I know you will Matty," said Tess looking him in the face, "I love you Mattimeo and I know you will take Redwall back.." As they were kissing each other Mattimeo heard a giggle in the tree. He swung out his sword and hit the branch. Then Tim Churchmouse fell out of the tree.
"Tim Churchmouse! Were you spying on us!?!" said Tess very angry and embarresed that he saw them kissing. Mattimeo wasn't in the mood for talking and grabbed Tim by the habit and said,
"Not one word of this to the others you hear!!" Tim nodded his head very fast and Mattimeo let him go. Tim then bolted for the camp as fast as his legs could carry him.
"Oh Mattimeo..." said Tess laughing.
"Now where were we?" asked Mattimeo jokingly.
"This silly!" said Tess grabbing him and kissing him. Tim ran into camp and got in line for breakfast. Then Barbossa walked up to him with his lunch and said, "So... how'd it go?"
"Shut up." said Tim pushing him in a joking way. Barbossa laughed as he ate breakfast with Elizabeth and Tim. Elizabeth asked Barbossa,
"Barbossa what were you and Tim talking about?" Then Tim looked at Barbossa and nodded. Barbossa looked at her and said,
"We think we know where the next part of that song is."
"Where?"
"On a pirate ship."
"Called?"
Barbossa shuttered and said, "The Bloody Spike"
"The what?" asked Elizabeth very puzzled.
"The ship of the most feared corsair on the seas..."
"I thought you were?"
"Not really.. He doesn't count though he is so bad... his name is Drask Rondox."
"Drask Rondox?" asked Elizabeth still puzzled. Then Tim explianed,
"He is an undead otter pirate that is cursed to roam the seas forever. He has an undead crew of all kinds of creatures. Both vermin and woodlanders...."

In Redwall Devilrat had enslaved all the creatures in the abbey. He was in Cavern Hole sitting in the abbot's chair eating the redwaller's food with his men. They forced the men to work on the abbey and make it into more a fortress. The women were forced to cook and serve the vermin for their meals. Devilrat through all the badgers into the prison the slaves had built in his city where the bazaar once was. He had named that city , Cluny, after his beloved uncle. He was eating his dinner when he looked at Blackeyes and said,
"Bring me their warrior." Then Blackeyes and some troops went and fetched Matthias from the slave pits. They dragged him in front of Devilrat adn through him on the ground. Devilrat looked at him and said,
"Where's your Martin now? You killed my uncle and I will make you suffer for that! Take him out and beat him!" Then some of his men grabbed Matthias and whipped him in front of the other slaves. They through him back into the pit and mocked him. After they left Abbot Alf crawled up to him and said,
"Are you ok Matthias? we should probabaly lay you on your mat." The other slaves helped the abbot take Matthias over to his bed mat and layed him down. Then they all went to sleep. In the kitchens Mrs. Churchmouse and Cornflower were cooking food for the vermin when she wispered to Mrs. Churchmouse,
"I hope Matthias is ok. I saw them drag him to Cavern Hole."
"I hope so to Cornflower. I also hope Tess is safe."
"Yes I head that the Guosim came and freed her."
"Me to the guards were taking about it last night. I hope my Tim brings help form the otters."
"He will be fine. He couldn't be in a worse place than us." said Cornflower as a guard walked in and said, "You!" pointing at Cornflower, "Come here!" Then Cornflower was very scared as she walked over to the guard,
"Ye..s..s..s..sir?
"Are you the wife of that warrior mouse?"
"Uh.. yes." Then the guard grabbed her and drug her out back and Mrs. Churchmouse could hear a whip cracking and screaming. Then another guard came in and said, "All of you! Get to your bunk mats!" Then all the slave walked to their slave pits and climbed in. Then later the guard brought Cornflower and through her in. The slaves grabbed Cornflower and Alf said, "She is hurt badly get her to bed!" As the slaves layed her down with Matthias they looked up and saw the two guards eating dinner and throwing their scraps down into the pit and laughed.....

AbbotAlf0805

please post.

AbbotAlf0805

Ch. Nineteen

Back at the camp Barbossa, Tim, and Elizabeth were eating breakfast still when Mattimeo and Tess came back.
"Morning Tess!" said Elizabeth cheerfully. Tess smiled back and sat down with Mattimeo when they got their breakfast. They did not say a word to the others about anything. Barbossa wisperd to Tim,
"Why arn't they talking at all?"
"I don't know. Probaly because they found me spying on them when they were having a.. uh.. loving time." replied Tim. Barbossa was drinking some rum when he heard that and had to spit it out because he was laughing so hard. Then Bulk the badger walked up to his captain and said,
"Chief.. The uh.. the crew is ready to head to the boat. Barbossa got up and replied, "Get everybeast into the longboats and prepare to go back."
Then Bulk walked off and roused the men and told them to get into the boats. Barbossa helped Elizabeth into the boats and said,
"You will like my ship Elizabeth. It's a mighty fine ship indeed."
She looked at him smiling and into his wild eyes and said,
"It sounds wonderful!"
Then the pirates rowwed them out of Mossflower woods and they sailed right up to Barbossa's ship. Mattimeo, Tess, Tim, and Elizabeth were amazed at the size of the great black ship. The crew that was on the ship helped them onto the boat and pulled up the longboats. Barbossa told them,
"Ok so you ladies can have me cabin and the guest cabin. You two men can have some bunks down below with me." He walked Tess to her cabin and then showed Elizabeth into her cabin.
"Oh Barbossa this is your cabin you should sleep here not me." said Elizabeth looking at Barbossa.
"No it's yours."
"Thank you Barbossa your very kind." said Elizabeth walking in. Barbossa got the men set up in the below deck with their hammoks. He told his crew,
"Men get us out to clearer waters. If we stay to close to shore then Devilrat might send riverboats out after us!"
Then his crew was in full action. They hoisted the sails, they moved the rudder, and were bring supplies they needed up to the deck. Barbossa was on the bridge of his ship smelling the salty sea air and said,
"Ah.. this is the life.."

That night on the ship everybeast was asleep in their respected beds, all except Barbossa. He couldn't sleep so he had snuck up to the front bow of his ship and was staring at the water. Then he sneezed and woke Elizabeth up. She walked out of her cabin and saw him sitting there. She walked up to him and put her paw on his shoulder. He looked behind him to see who it was and saw her. She sat down next to him and said,
"Barbossa what are you doing up this late?"
"I couldn't sleep."
"Why?"
"I don't know.."
"Well i'm glad your up."
"Why Elizabeth?"
"Just call me Liz."
"Then why Liz?"
"Because if you wernt awake I couldn't be here with you now.." said Elizabeth putting her hand on his neck. He put his arms around her and looked into her beautiful blue eyes. Then they were kissing each other on the bow of his ship, The Black Abbey. Tim Churchmouse had walked outside for some fresh air and saw them kissing. He got down and hid wispering to himself, "Why do I always walk in on people kissing?!?" Then he went back to his bunk.

The next day Barbossa set sail to look for The Bloody Spike and put Mattimeo and Tim to work. He had Mattimeo help the crew with hauling up balistas, hoisting the sails, and other hard work. Since Mattimeo was bigger and stronger than Tim Barbossa put Tim to work in the suplly room with the quartermaster Frod.
"C'mon men! Get those sails up!" yelled Barbossa as his men and Mattimeo hoisted the huge sails of the ship up. Then when they got te sails up Mattimeo said to himself,
"That sail is heavier than it looks!"
"Get the balistas out and ready to fire!" yelled Barbossa. Then his men opened a big hatch in the middle of the ship and lower down a rope. Mattimeo saw some men roll a balista under the opening and Tim tie the rope around it. Tim signaled the crew men and they pulled it up. Mattimeo helped them and looked around seeing the man very tired but still as strong as ever. They barely brought it up to the deck and had to roll it into position. Mattimeo took off his shirt and wrapped it around his head like a Guosim bandanna. Then when they moved it into position Mattimeo sat down and leaned against it. Then a very buff mouse walked up to him and said,
"Wot are ye doin? We still got nine more!" He laughed as Mattimeo grunted and got up.
"This going to be a very long day.."  

At sundown on, The Black Abbey, Cap'n Barbossa told his men,
"Alright boys! Good work! Half of you go to your bunks and the other half get the night shift until midnight. Then wake the others up and which jobs!" A large,
"Aye aye cap'n!" Went out through the ship. Mattimeo and Tim were walking back to their bunks when Barbossa called to them,
"You! Redwallers! Come here!" Mattimeo and Tim walked up to him and said,
"Yes captain?" Barbossa laughed and said,
"None of that just call me Barbossa mates."
"Aye aye cap'n!" Then they all three laughed and Barbossa slapped Tim on the back and almost knocked him over. They helped him up and Barbossa said,
"Now down to business. I need you two to lead the men tonight. Mattimeo you lead the first shift. Tim your on the second shift." Mattimeo went off to do his duties and Tim went to bed.

Barbossa layed down on the bridge staring strait at the stars. He always loved the stars and the night sky. It was a very calm night and the waters didn't stir. He was about to fall asleep when he heard singing. "It was the most beautiful singing in the world," he thought. He rolled over and crawled to the edge of the bridge. He looked over the edge and saw Elizabeth combing her hair on the balcony. Her back was turned so Barbossa climbed down quitely and snuck up behind her. He touched her on the shoulder and said,
"Boo!" She was very scared and swung around and puched him. He fell over flat on his back and went unconsious. When she saw who she had hit she fell on her knees and said,
"Oh Barbossa I didn't know it was you! Please forgive me!" Then she saw that he was unconsious she brought him into her room and layed him down on his bed. He woke up to her shaking him. He looked up and saw her sitting right next to him smiling,
"It's about time you woke up. I was getting tired and wanted to get in bed." Barbossa woke fully up and rubbed his head saying,
"Uh.. what happened?"
"I tried to scare me and I accedently punched you." said Elizabeth giggling. Barbossa then replied,
"Well you said you wanted your bed back so.." trying to get out of the bed but his head hurt to much.
"Your still hurt. You might want to stay in bed for a while and it doesn't matter if you stay." said Elizabeth getting in the bed. She looked into his wild green eyes and said,
"Your a wonderful creature Barbossa." He put his arm around her and said,
"You are too." Then she yawned and snuggled in with him,
"Goodnight Barbossa."
"Goodnight Elizabeth."

AbbotAlf0805

Ch. Twenty

In Redwall Devilrat had to deal with some M.A.W. attacks from Guosim and woodlanders. They didn't put much of a dent into his forces and Devilrat prospered. In the city of Cluny most of the woodlanders were forced into slavery and were beaten many times by vermin. Ragals the Assassin was assigned the governor of Cluny for his deeds in battle. As a new slave caravan entered to city a shrew was hiding in a dark corner by the gatehouse. He watched as the slaves walk by and he ran towards an ampertment. He passed, The Crimpson Wildcat, tavern which was the roughest place in the whole city. The city of Cluny was built of sandstone from the quarry on the other side of the river. Besides the fact that it was a city of vermin it was a very beautiful place. He ran up the stairs and entered a room. In the room were some of the few woodlanders that wern't enslaved by Devilrat standing there with some weapons and there was a table in the center. They watched the shrew flip off his hood and set a peice of paper on the table. He opened it and it was a map of Mossflower wood. An otter in ragged clothes and a crossbow on his back walked up and said,
           "It's about time you showed up Log-a-log." Log-a-log looked at him and said, "It was difficult to get past the guard Zahn. If I had hurried I would have gotten caught." Zahn shrugged and sat down at the table. Log-a-log said,
      "Where is Rantim?" Then Bunter the bankvole threw one of his knives at a map on the wall. It stuck into a part on the map and Butner said,
"Last we 'eard of him mate he was setting some 'em slaves free with Trin and Trol here." Log-a-log looekd at the map closely. Then a mouse dressed in a plad kilt opened the door and walked into the room with two squirrels.
           "About time you arived Rantim." said Log-a-log with his arms crossed.
"Shut up shrew." said Rantim pointing his basket-hilt claymore at Log-a-log's neck. Then he sat down and looked at Log-a-log's map. He studied it very hard and said,
           "So what be that Mattimeo friend of your be doing?" he said in his highlander accent. Log-a-log pointed at the edge of the River Moss and said,
"My scouts last saw them here headed to a black ship." Rantim slammed his fist on the table and said,
       "No doubt they be headed out to sea with me ole ship mate, Barbossa Sparra." Log-a-log then replied,
"If they are with Cap'n Sparra then they must have a good reason." Rantim laughed and said, "Aye they're in good hands. Barbossa will take care of 'em." Log-a-log noticed a hare in a black robe sitting in a abck corner sharpening an axe. Rantim put his paw on his shoulder and said,
        "That be Eorm. He's new to the ressitance. He's an ex Long Patrol soldier and an expert fighter. He has recieved the job of scout for our team for now."
Log-a-log went back to the map a little afraid of the ominous looking hare and said,
        "Now M.A.W. will supplie your ressiantce with weapons and supllies if you agree to my terms." Rantim leaned back in his chair and said,
"What terms then Log-a-log?"
"Your ressitance must tear down this city if it falls." replied Log-a-log.
"Deal." said Rantim stroking his wiskers.

The highlander mouse was a great warrior but had a very unknown past. He came to Mossflower one day, creatures say and settled in the old barn of Squire Julain Gingervire who was sadly killed not long before that. Captain Snow had killed Rantim's family and he responded with his claymore in the captain's chest. After that he was a different mouse. He was much darker and didn't laugh much. Most creatures think that's his story.

"Get moving you filth!" yelled a vermin slave master whipping some woodlanders into their work. The slaves worked all day and were given little food. It was the middle of thew day and very hot. A couple slaves had already colapsed of heat stroke. Then Ragals walked by the new construction insecting the slaves at work. He walked up to the slave master and said,
"You! Rat! Where did these new slaves come from?" The rat slave master replied,
"Redwall Abbey milord.." Ragals looked at the slaves. They certanly did look like Redwall folk so he turned to the rat and said, "Make sure they get extra work loads as well as any other slave that comes out of Redwall Abbey." The rat bowed low and went back to work. Ragals walked to the prison that held the most wanted creautres in the city. He asked the guard there,
"Is that wife of the Redwall warrior dead?" They guard shook his head and said,
"No sire she lives. It's almost as like the whole family of 'em are warriors!" Ragals slammed his paw on the wall saying,
"Then beat her, starve her, put her to work just make her suffer." The guard bowed low and said,
"Yes Lord Ragals.."

gorath

My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

WarriorOfMossflower

In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

AbbotAlf0805

Okay! Okay! I'll write more as soon as I get some ideas.

SableFury

"Did you just fall?"

"No, I attacked the floor."

"Backwards?"

"I'm freaking talented,okay?!?"

Dear Cool People:
         They didn't name a candy after you,did they?
                   Sincerely, Nerds

AbbotAlf0805

thx im looking for ideas for the next chapter. PM me if you have any.

AbbotAlf0805

Ch. Twentyone

In the city of Cluny Rantim and his rebels worked with M.A.W. for a while but began to weaken. One day Rantim and Zahn were on a mission to free some slaves when Zahn whispered,
"Sir, Who is that oldish mousemaid that Govenor Ragals's troops flog every day?" Rantim turned around and put a paw on the otter's shoulder then whispered back,
"I do belive she's one of those Redwall folk.. Those creatures put a strong meaning in the word warrior. That my friend is the Lady Cornflower, Wife of Matthais the Warrior." Zahn looked down off of one of the buildings at Cornflower being whipped by guards. They jorneyed farther towards the slave compound when Rantim noticed some new slaves geing brought in. He switched corses and whispered,
"Let help this lot first.. They look to yound to be working on this cursed city.." Zahn shrugged as Rantim crawled down a wall. That mouse is half squrriel! he thought as Rantim climbed down with extreme swiftness. They got to the bottom of the wall with Zahn almost falling off several times and watched the slaves.

Only two weasels were guarding them and they singled out a few of the slaves for something that Rantim didn't know about. The weasels took the singled out slaves to a corner while the other slaves were taken to the slave compound. Rantim watched as one of the weasels pulled out a whip and was about to whip the slaves when a crossbow bolt went through the weasels head. The weasel fell over dead and the other turned around to see his last sight. Rantim lunging at him with his claymore. After they killed the weasels they unchained the slaves and Rantim said,
"Alright you lot follow us." They guided the slaves safly through the city to the safe house were the others in the ressitance were based. Rantim got the slaves into the underground tunnels that M.A.W. moles had dug for escaped slaves. Rantim guided them in and turned around to see a pretty young mousemaid that was a little afraid of going into the tunnel. He walked up to her and said,
"Whats the matter miss?" She turned and replied,
"I.. I'm not quite sure I would like to enter those tunnels.." Rantim took her paw and said, "Name's Rantim. Rantim McBrice and don't you fret miss I'll take ye through those tunnels." Zahn tapped his shulder and said,
"But Rantim.. uh chief don't we have to go to- OOF!" Rantim elbowed him in the gut and said to the maiden, "I'll take ye through miss?" She smiled and said,"Stephanie. My name's Stephanie."

In Redwall Devilrat was in the Abbot's chair like usual but had somthing on his mind. "Blackeyes! Get in here!" he said as the stoat ran in. "
"Er, Yes chief?"
"Go to the village of Agutrot, stay hidden though because the Long Patrol is there, and find my cousin."
"B-but chief your cousin Jubblenarris is practacly a woodlander!"
"Jubblenarris the seer is the only beast I know that can tell the future. Bring him here.. Oh and if he won't come then improvize.." said Devilrat slumping back down. Blackeyes nodded and said,
"As ye wish chief..." 

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

AbbotAlf0805

huh?

Modified!

Oh sorry i combined two chapters and forgot to edit.

AbbotAlf0805

I am really low on ideas! I would ask people to help me here!