It is HORRIBLE!!!
0 (0%)
Throw it in the dump.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

gorath

Chapter One

Destruction
     It was a scene of chaos. The village of Warspear was under attack by a band of pirates. They laughed as they slew the half asleep squirrels, and set torch to their houses. The squirrels had no chance, and the pirates gave no mercy.
     Inside a burning house a black squirrel sat cradling her mother's drooping head. A hoarse call made her run to the bedroom. Her father lay on the bed, an arrow through his chest. He weakly blinked his eyes. The young squirrelmaid had to strain to hear her father's words.
     "Jukkarus, my daughter. I... am dying. In a chest... the kitchen... something for you I have... saved... for you. Take it... Leave me. Just remember..." He closed his eyes and said said weakly," Drask Rondo..." He died.
     Jukkarus stood up, tears streaming down her eyes. Drask Rondox? The otter of nightmares and scary stories? She heard banging on the door, so she quickly ran to the kitchen. She found the chest; it was long and was considerably heavy. She didn't bother opening it, the corsairs were trying to get in, so she ran to the basement, the chest clutched to her heart. In the basement there was a tunnel, and she quickly hurried down it. It ended in the woodlands overlooking the burning houses.
     Jukkarus opened the chest. Inside was a blood-red sword, probably made by the Badger Lord in Salamandastron. It was perfectly crafted and weighted, and it fit her palm like it was made for her. Pulling it out of the scabbard, Jukkarus held it in front of her. Her eyes reflecting the fire, she muttered out of clenched teeth.
     "One day, Drask, one day you will rue the day you left Jukkarus Swordmaiden alive. One day you will pay for the death of my parents. I promise it, by this sword. One day" Then she left, tears coursing down her face.     
My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

AbbotAlf0805

I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

gorath

Chapter Two
Ten Years Later.
     In a tavern by the town of Agutrot, Jukkarus sat in the back, sipping some October Ale. She listened to some loud mouthed captain trying to gain himself a crew. She listened intently.
     "Ahoy there, mateys!" he shouted, "Want to sail the seas? Then come sign up fer me crew."
     A shrew spoke up from a mug of shrew beer,"Where are you going, cap'n?"
     "Well, if you join on board, you'll get richer than the abbot of Redwall Abbey." The captain said, taking a swig of his drink.
     The shrew said," Do you know Drask Rondox?" Immediately Jukkarus was interested. The captain whispered something in the shrew's ear and covered his mouth. Jukkarus stood up and drew her sword. "Aye, I know him. Where is he, pray?"
     The captain looked at her askance. "Hoi, can't ye mind yur own skin squirell?" he said,"Last time I saw 'im he was over near Twin Islands."
     "Twin Islands, eh? Jukkarus sheathed her blade. "Well, I'll be seeing ya all." She strode towards the door, and stepped outside into the night air.
     Outside, she grabbed a bow she had made and hidden next to a tree. She strung it and ran too Twin Islands, rage blazing in her blood-red eyes.
     After an hour, she got to Twin Islands. In the night, she could barely see the outline of a ship, though she could hear the roars and guffaws of drunk pirates. Restraining her self, she cocked an arrow and snuck aboard the ship.
      She made her way to the main cabin, sneaking around the drunk creatures all around. A creak from inside told her someone was there. Leaning against the wall, she listened intently.
     A gruff voice was saying," And then we will take over all, Redwall, Salamandastron, and all the other minuscule islands. Ha, they will all belong to me! We set sail at dawn, due east."
        Jukkarus drew in her breath. Due west? That would take them into the path of another ship sailing at dawn. There would be a scrap.... that's it! She might fulfill her oath at that time. Sneaking toward the side of the ship, she dove into the water. She swam to shore, and went back to Agutrot, her plan made.

AbbotAlf0805

I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

gorath

This is a picture I drew and colored of Jukkarus.