News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Dark Forest

Started by Galedeep, July 02, 2011, 11:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lily

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on January 26, 2012, 02:31:43 AM
Yes, Brian Jacques was Catholic, as he said in one of his interviews. And Maudie, I'm Anglican and I can name hundreds of differences between Anglican and Catholic! I'd say it's closer to Baptist.
True. High Anglican services can seem very Catholic-like, but a lot of very fundamental beliefs of the two denominations are very different.

Anyway, this is not the place for religious discussion! I think the different euphemisms that vermin and good beasts had for dying was just due to their natures. Vermin might say "hell gates" because it's more in their nature to be crude and evil, and good beasts might say "dark forest" or "sunny slopes and quiet streams" because it's more in their nature to say nice things like that.

BadgerLordFiredrake

Dark Forest and sunny slopes and streams give me 2 bery different images.
Im catholic.
baby turtle forever

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: BadgerLordFiredrake on January 29, 2012, 01:21:39 AM
Dark Forest and sunny slopes and streams give me 2 bery different images.
Im catholic.
Agreed
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Primrosewarrior

DeathRage

In one of the books, an Abbey Champion says something about there being a place in Dark Forest being reserved for liars and muderers. I always imagined Hellgates as being the way into that part. In contrast, the Dark Forest Gates are often spoken of. I imagined them as the gates into the part for goodbeasts.
I am Deathrage. Leader of a horde of rats. Bow to me. If you do not... You will see.

MatthiasMan

What's a Ditto? I think the Dark Forest is supposed to be hell. I don't mean anything bad here but I was just stating.

Bragoon

When someone says 'ditto', they mean 'the same' or 'the same to me/for me'.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

MatthiasMan

Aaahhh. I thought it was some kind of insult. Surely sounds like one.

Dannflower Reguba

Hmmm. I thought it meant something else.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

MatthiasMan

Dannflower Reguba

Might I ask wot is so funny chap? WOT!

MatthiasMan

Nothing. You don't get it.

Dannflower Reguba

I might if you tell me!

Primrosewarrior

Uh, sorry about that. At least it wasnt chatspeak.

MatthiasMan

Quote from: danflorreguba on April 17, 2012, 02:36:36 AM
I might if you tell me!

You wouldn't. Trust me. I know you wouldn't. It's not anything bad. It's just you don't see the world in my eyes.