News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Count as high as possible before a moderator posts

Started by Gonff, July 04, 2011, 02:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

Zero...

:-\

Maybe we ought to make lists of players, and force the teams to move in a certain order, or something, to spice this up.
« Subject to editing »

Gonff

That would be interesting. Does anyone else think that would be a good idea?
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Redwall Musician

..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Gonff

What if people who's name's started from A-M could only post odd numbers and people who's name's started from N-Z could only post even and anyone could post zero? Than again, that might not work.  :-\

Meanwhile...
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

James Gryphon

I don't know; the thing about the list deal is that it restricts people from posting zero.

The problem is that there's too many zeros, not that there's too many numbers. We've been caught in this neutral zone, with no real advances, ever since the member zeroing was added in.

The last time the game really worked was when members couldn't zero things out, and when there were too few mods to be on all the time, which opened things up for member advances. If we look at the active members list, though, now, the top five or so people are all mods, and they have a huge lead on everyone else.

Any changes to the game should be based around restricting, though not entirely eliminating, the power to zero -- that's what's breaking it right now, I think.

Maybe have it so that when a player takes their team into either negatives or positives, with 1 or -1, s/he names a member of the opposing team (someone s/he has reason to believe will be active), and only that member or mod can zero it out. Anyone else has to bring it down one at a time.

So it'd go like this:

Gryph.: -1, Gonff.
Tagg: -2
Shael: -3
Matthias: -4
Coobreedan: -3
Musician: -4
Gonff: 0!
« Subject to editing »

DanielofRedwall

Received mostly negative reviews.

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Gonff

That sounds like it might work, lets try it!

James Gryphon

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Redwall Musician

..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

James Gryphon

Remember to put a member's name in when you're taking it down into the negatives; that's the new rule change.

Negative two, Galedeep. ;-)
« Subject to editing »

The Lady Shael

Wow this topic has over 2000 replies. And good thing I came in just as your guys were explaining the new rules (I would've been confused).

~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Matthias720

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »