News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhera

I have to finish up an American Government course today, and my mom, while explaining the final, said that due to the subject matter the test will be graded on how well I dodge the questions ;D She was joking, of course, but still.

Jetthebinturong

I finally resumed work on my incubus story! Still no title but it's a start. Anyone who follows my writing thread can expect the first chapter (first two chapters, possibly) relatively soon.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

Quote from: Mhera on August 31, 2015, 12:05:20 AM
I have to finish up an American Government course today, and my mom, while explaining the final, said that due to the subject matter the test will be graded on how well I dodge the questions ;D She was joking, of course, but still.

Took me a second to get that (I misread "American Government" as "American History" :P), but once I did, you made me laugh pretty hard.  Your mom's awesome.  ;D

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on August 31, 2015, 12:12:49 AM
I finally resumed work on my incubus story! Still no title but it's a start. Anyone who follows my writing thread can expect the first chapter (first two chapters, possibly) relatively soon.

Yuss!  *Is excited*

Random:  DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION FINALLY REVEALED A DLC THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE ACTUAL STORY AND HOPEFULLY ANSWERS THE QUESTION OF "What the heck's going on with Solas?" AND APPARENTLY GIVES COLE SOME EMOTIONAL GROWTH IF YOU CHOSE THE HUMAN ROUTE WITH HIM AND LOOKS SO TOTALLY AWESOME AND I WANT IT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

*Ahem*  Anyway, that new Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC, Trespasser, looks pretty cool.  (Warning:  Do not look at the official Trespasser trailer if you aren't fond of mature language.)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Skyblade

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Hickory

First, YUS!

Second, did you post Facility 7 anywhere on the forums? I want to read it.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Cornflower MM

That was random.

Now, let's see.. . . .

Anyone ever think about weird words? Excerpt, for instance, is rather strange.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on August 31, 2015, 08:42:52 PM
First, YUS!

Second, did you post Facility 7 anywhere on the forums? I want to read it.

I'm not posting F7 until chapter 2 is done. And there's one chapter people will have to PM me for because it really does not belong on this forum.

Vilu Daskar

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Skyblade

How come nobody asks for my writing (except a couple people), and few read what I do post in the first place? This is a legitimate question, and not meant to get pity. I think I need to be knocked down a little.

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on August 31, 2015, 02:37:28 PM
Quote from: Skyblade on August 31, 2015, 07:03:44 AM
Quote from: Skyblade on August 31, 2015, 12:02:36 AM
Hello, world!
Someone is trying to learn code?

I take computer science classes in school. It's fun :)

Jetthebinturong

As an author, I tend not to ask other writers for their stuff apart from my friend Baran because I enjoy annoying him.

Also you've said a few times that you're not sure whether or not you're comfortable with sharing stuff so I wouldn't press anyone who said that.

Skyblade

I take it as a big compliment. Everyone's different.

You have a point. I just don't know why I feel the way I do.

Rainshadow

I hate to admit it, but a lot of the time people post their writing on the forum, I tend to either ignore it because I don't have the time to read it at that moment (and then I forget about it), or I don't even notice it at all.  The only reason I started reading Jet-kun's writing was because he was PMing it to me.  Once he stopped, I continued reading it in his thread because, well, I wanted to know what happened next!

So, yeah, what I'm trying to say is that I saw your writing at some point, Skye-chan, and I did view the thread, but I didn't have the time to read it and I kinda stuck it on the back burner of my mind.  Now I don't know where to look for it.  :-\

Random:  I was saddened to find out that Over the Garden Wall was just a miniseries with only ten episodes, each of them only being eleven minutes long.  I finished it all in one day, and now I'm slightly depressed.  But at least I've got Gravity Falls to keep me from sinking into that dark abyss that is the remains of the OtGW fandom.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!