News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Almost-Redwall Ideas?

Started by Troy Troodon, September 04, 2012, 12:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy Troodon

Okay I have decided that my next rp to make will be a world similar to redwall but different. Since nobody wants monkeys invading europe and geese learning how to use a bow in Brian Jacques's world these reckons will be in this world. Same with Dinosaurs (Or just Dragons if you prefer).

The plots, characters, and cultures for each creature will be the same but there will be more expansion such as use of gun-power and horse-riding (But not to extremes that is)

Only down-side (For me atleast) is that I cannot seem to think of an rp at the moment. Anyone willing to share their own ideas not only for a story but for how this world can work out, feel free to comment. I will be waiting.
So what if I'm crazy? Atleast I admit my insanity.

Rainshadow

Superheroes?  You could have the RP characters who get superpowers and have to fight off some sort of ridiculously hard enemy who's trying to get world domination in the Redwall universe.  Maybe you could even choose what superpowers people could get and one power per person.  I don't know if that's the best idea, but it's certainly not completely Redwall-y.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Troy Troodon

Quote from: Rainshadow on September 04, 2012, 12:47:00 AM
  Superheroes?  You could have the RP characters who get superpowers and have to fight off some sort of ridiculously hard enemy who's trying to get world domination in the Redwall universe.  Maybe you could even choose what superpowers people could get and one power per person.  I don't know if that's the best idea, but it's certainly not completely Redwall-y.

Uh, I'm gunna say no to that.

Rainshadow

Well, it was an idea.  A random idea that I was pretty sure would be a bad one lol.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Gingivere Greeneyes

How about Redwall with more animals. Like there was a free choice of animals but nothing to big. For example; Leopards,bears, deer, monkeys, lions, seals, crocodiles. They would all still use swords, armour, bows, knifes and forks. Take the Pearls  of Lutra for example. Instead of a Pine Marten emperor with a Monitor guard and Trident rats, there is a Tiger emperor with a crocodile guard and Trident Jackals, and instead of a mouse, an otter, a hare, two shrews and a baby bank vole going to Sampetra, there is a Wolf, a lioness, a deer, two raccoons and a baby rabbit.
Sela: The leaf is Redwall, Chickemhound is the boot.
Chickenhound: I don't wanna be the boot!
Sela: Shut up your the boot. You, Cluny are the rock, and I'm the sports car.
Cluny: I wanna be the sports car!
Sela: No. I'm always the sports car. D:<

Dannflower Reguba

I call the Wolf role!  ;D THIS I might be able to handle.  :)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tiria Wildlough

You do know how big a tiger is compared to a mouse?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

SpiderMonkey

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on September 04, 2012, 11:05:49 PM
You do know how big a tiger is compared to a mouse?

Yes, but in redwall it seems that the size is the same for most beasts.  A mouse wouldn't have a chance against a weasel or stoat if they were normal size.

Troy Troodon

Well here are two ways to accommodate for this.

1. biggest animals with clothes and tools can only be as tall as a crane. Like Pigs, Sheep, and Dogs

2. The really big animals like Tigers and Crocodiles are only there to talk.

3. The sizes of Those cans of animals can be reduced to human height.

Which do you think fits best?

Rainshadow

I think that all the animals should be roughly the same size.  I know that it would be wrong, but it's a fictional story, so hey, anything can happen!

Troy Troodon

Quote from: Rainshadow on September 04, 2012, 11:22:32 PM
  I think that all the animals should be roughly the same size.  I know that it would be wrong, but it's a fictional story, so hey, anything can happen!

Anything...?

Rainshadow

Nearly anything.  Not giant robots attacking the abbey with laser beams lol.

W0NWILL

:D I think that monkies are going too far with generic Redwall, but for things that are LIKE Redwall, I think they're fine.

Dannflower Reguba

Bingo. Then we would have alot more options, and no one would be left behind.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Troy Troodon

Quote from: danflorreguba on September 05, 2012, 12:49:59 AM

Bingo. Then we would have alot more options, and no one would be left behind.

Okay, but they'd have to be minor characters, Other animals like the elephants will remain mute for most of the time atleast.