News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

Quote from: Banya on February 13, 2015, 06:02:50 AM
My motto in life has been Luke's parting words to young Martin: "Never let your heart rule over your head."  I love this. 

Great quote :) Definitely worthy of looking into.

"Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it." - Lou Holtz

Some may disagree, and maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration (It would be hard to calculate the exact statistics ;)) but it hold truths. Things happen but we ought to make the best of what we are given!! Really, that is the best we can do.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Banya

"Sometimes it's the people no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine."  - The Imitation Game

Delthion

Quote from: Banya on February 13, 2015, 06:02:50 AM
My motto in life has been Luke's parting words to young Martin: "Never let your heart rule over your head."  I love this. 

Scaramouch!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Maudie

I dunno, for some reason I really get a kick out of Janette Rallison. Even if she does write teen romances, she is still awesome and hilarious. The only teen romance writer whose books I would read twice.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Romsca

Banya

@Mask: Thank you.

"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Dumbledore

LT Sandpaw

"General, the enemy approaches and they bring with them the fear in their hearts and the terror in their eyes, twill be an easy battle and a sure victory."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Wylder Treejumper

I have tons of great quotes, but as soon as I click this thread, they disappear... :P
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Søren

"Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... human.
James T. Kirk, Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan, during the funeral for Spock.

I'm retired from the forum

Banya

"Sometimes I can feel my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living." - Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Skyblade

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on February 25, 2015, 08:15:21 PM
I have tons of great quotes, but as soon as I click this thread, they disappear... :P

I know, right?? Good thing I have a book of quotes right next to me :D

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

"Give me a firm place to stand, and I will move the earth." - Archimedes

"Life is not meant to be easy, my child; but take courage: it can be delightful." - George Bernard Shaw

"Let us always meet each other with a smile..." - Mother Teresa

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Wot, wot!

:D
This one made me laugh...
"If it weren't for my mouth, my feet would have nowhere to go."
-Storm Rider
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Rainshadow

EB:  okay, anyway, i will make a new suit, but i am not ditching my ectosuit!!!
  EB:  it is so sweet, i look like link, if zelda was a quest about an elf scientist.
  EB:  i am the wind waker.  it's me.

~ John Egbert, speaking to Vriska about his choice in apparel.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Mhera

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway."
? John Wayne

Luftwaffles

"I would rather die as a warrior than live as a slave" (can't quite remember where it's from).
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!