News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

The movie is really intense (any space movie is. Saving Private Ryan? That was nothing. The Martian? I had a death grip on my dad's hand for at least half the movie). But it was good. I liked the humor in it. (Though unfortunately I haven't read the book)
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on October 04, 2015, 04:05:02 PM
Already read the book. Would quote a hilarious line from it but it's also really inappropriate.

BTW, I am not a fan of viewing a movie before a book. Kapeesh?

I believe you mean capisce. And yes.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Søren

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on October 04, 2015, 04:06:06 PM
The movie is really intense (any space movie is. Saving Private Ryan? That was nothing. The Martian? I had a death grip on my dad's hand for at least half the movie). But it was good. I liked the humor in it. (Though unfortunately I haven't read the book)
Not as intense of Interstellar. The Martian had comic relief. (I love both movies.)

"It's been 7 days since I've run out of ketchup."
"I'm dipping this potato in vicadin and no one can stop me."
-Mark Watney

I'm retired from the forum

Eulaliaaa!

"Those aren't mountains." -Interstellar

I still cringe at that scene....
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Søren

Murph (as Cooper holds his now elderly daughter's hands): Nobody believed me, but I knew you'd come back.
Cooper: How?
Murph: ...Because my dad promised me.
-Interstellar
That's the most moving moment in that movie, I think. I love it.

Perifaen

Never think that what you have to offer is insignificant. There will always be someone out there who needs what you have to give.
-Unknown
"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile and finds in your presence that life is worth while. So when you are lonely, remember it's true, somebody somewhere is thinking of you :)" I don't know who wrote this but I really like it.

Rusvul

I have a number of quotes that I thought were either really funny, meaningful, or otherwise entertaining. Some of them have profanity, which I will replace with asterisks. Spoiler'd for that reason and for length.

Possible minor spoilers

"**** you, Mars."

"This will come as quite a shock to my crew mates. And to N.A.S.A. And to the world. But I'm still alive. Surprise!"

"Sir, he's asked us to call him 'Captain Blondebeard.'" "Well, I suppose he is technically under maritime law..." "Oh, yes, sir, he's explained that to us."

"I'm gonna have to science the **** outta this."

"Sooo... I blew myself up."

"It's space. It doesn't cooperate. I guarantee you that at some point, everything's going to go south on you. And you're going to say, 'This is it. This is how I end.' Now, you can either accept that... Or you can get to work."
[close]

I really liked that movie. I was also a fan of Interstellar, but I think that The Martian topped it. It just made way more sense.

Relevant XKCD: 1536

Skyblade

"I have too many flaws to be perfect, but I have too many blessings to be ungrateful."
- Inspiring and Positive Quotes

"Oh, why do I hurt myself so, then ask what's wrong?" - Skyblade

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

The Mask

"All you need is love, love. Love is all you need."- The Beatles
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Skyblade

Are you back? :D

"Nobody is too busy. It's just a matter of priorities."
- Inspiring and Positive Quotes

Lady Ashenwyte

"At the point in time when bullets can pass through the inter-dimensional walls when firepower takes up the entirety and eternity of space and time all being stuck in a never-ending life and death cycle as bullets recover and destroy their bodies in quick succession, no-one able to think about anything but the sheer force of the bullets rapidly flying literally everywhere in the materium, turning the Warp itself into nothing but a sea of semi-automatic weaponry. Then, there will be enough dakka. Or, at least, almost." -The Emperor

"Someday you shall be the lone wolf. And then your return shall eclipse the sun in it's glory, or you shall die in a ditch among the rats and beggars." - Gwilherm O' Longshield. (One of my characters.)
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Skyblade

Nice character quote, Ash :)

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
- Norman Vincent

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Skyblade on October 08, 2015, 03:43:34 PM
Nice character quote, Ash :)

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
- Norman Vincent

He clearly has no knowledge of space...

Kirito: Please tell me you're not going to start crying. I cannot deal with any more crying women in my life.
Lizbeth: WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?
Kirito: Well this is... better... I guess.
Lizbeth: That sword was my baby! Would you do that to someone else's baby?
Kirito: You mean would I slam a baby into another baby to test its durability? No, that's not something I would typically do.
~ SAO Abridged Episode 7
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Søren

"I can open any door anywhere with a few tiny lines of computer code. No such thing as a private bank account now. They're all mine. No such thing as secrecy. I OWN secrecy. Nuclear codes? I could blow up NATO in alphabetical order. In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And, honey, you should see me in a crown."
-Jim Moriarty, Sherlock season 2 episode 3, The Reichenbach Fall.