News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Four from Noonvale

Started by Gingivere Greeneyes, September 16, 2012, 10:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gingivere Greeneyes

Well here goes, this is a story set a couple seasons after Martin left the Northlands. The main characters will be the side ones in Martin the Warrior, eg; Brome, Keyla, their children and such. This is my first short at writing a Fanfic so don't expect anything great! (Comments and constructive criticism are always welcome!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE FOUR FROM NOONVALE-Prologue

Taking from the diary of Pallum the peaceful. 
Many seasons have past since Martin the Warrior left the Northlands to travel south, and since then; life has flourished in the haven we call Noonvale. Urran Voh has since died and now Brome has taken his place! He married the mouse-maid Cherrybloom and they have two children; Noonsword, their son. Though everybeast just calls him Noon, or Noony. The 'Noon' part is an obvious reference to our little haven, and the sword is a homage to Martin. A good friend of mine and the hero who kept Noonvale the way it is. I wonder where he is now? I do hope he will come to visit us someday. Ah but let's not forget Brome's daughter! Rose II. Named in  memory of her poor aunt, who died ridding these lands of evil, but Brome and Cherrybloom are not the only ones to have settled down and married!  
Keyla the otter  has married the ottermaid Tullgrew whom he met while they were both slaves in Marshank. A blessing in disguise for them both! They have a son, Tullya, a clever combination of both parent's names! Even I, Pallum have a beautiful daughter Damson with my wife Teaslepaw. 
All our children are inseparable friends, but not quite so, as our resident Hare and Badger; Ballaw, and Rowanoak. The old duo are still alive and kicking even in their remarkable old age. Ballaw is very popular with the Noonvale children and is our music master. Whenever there's a concert, talent show, or play, you can bet Ballaw organised it.   Whilst Rowanoak is a temple of wisdom in our little village and is our chieftain; Brome's adviser. She is also the strongest creature in Noonvale, even the musclyest otter has yet to best her at wrestling. 
Alas. Some have not lived as long as the two. Barkjon for example, the old squirrel past away seasons ago, to join his son in the dark forest. He had become close to the squirrel-maids Treefoil and Celandine. Whom he treated as daughters and vice-versa. They left after he died. Over the seas, eastbound. The memory was too painful they had said. Old Grumm Trencher has gone too, his death caused much sadness but I think it hit me and his nephew Bungo, (who is now a fine young mole) the hardest.
The freed slaves have all settled here. None of them had homes to go to, and were all too happy to stay at Noonvale. One of whom was the little mousebabe Fuffle. If you saw him now, you wouldn't believe your eyes. He is the biggest, strongest and most handsome mouse in the village. All the female mice swoon over him. He doesn't notice though, he's not the brightest bee in the bunch that's for sure.
The owl Boldred and her husband have also passed away. Their daughter Emalet watches the mountains now, she visits often. My daughter Damson is a particular friend of hers. Emalet is teaching her how to draw and write. I think she will take up writing like her father.
I know nought of what happened to the other tribes after the battle. The Broadstream otters and shrews, the Gawtrybe, Pygmy Shrews, and the Warden of Marshwood hill all went back to their homes. We haven't seen them in seasons! I do hope they're all right.
Well I'd best stop writing now, my wife is calling me, probably wanting to try one of her new dishes. She is a marvellous cook my wife! I must go now, I'll try to get back soon!
                           Pallum the Peaceful. Official Noonvale recorder.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter one will be up soon where we get our first look at our villain!  :o
Sela: The leaf is Redwall, Chickemhound is the boot.
Chickenhound: I don't wanna be the boot!
Sela: Shut up your the boot. You, Cluny are the rock, and I'm the sports car.
Cluny: I wanna be the sports car!
Sela: No. I'm always the sports car. D:<

W0NWILL

Gingivere Greeneyes

CHAPTER ONE
If there had been anybeast on the eastern coast that day. They would have seen a fleet of six ships approaching from the far eastlands. Each one of these crafts was huge, and each one consisted of five-score vermin. Except the front vessel, which held four extra.
Each one of the four were pine martens. Big, fierce, and cunning creatures. The leader of the vermin horde was the big male marten, his name was Martesus the Merciless.
He wore shiny metal armour with a swishing blue cape and a jewel-encrusted crown. His fur was chestnut brown with a big yellow throat, and his eyes were an unearthly shade of amber.
He looked up. He could see Bloodclaw. Leader of his six buzzards, his eyes and ears in the sky. Long ago, Martesus had made a deal with Bloodclaw. If the raptor were to work for him, then whenever the Martens horde won a battle. Bloodclaw and the buzzards could eat all of the fallen enimes. The horde never lost.
The fearsome buzzards were perched on the masts of each of the six ships. Not even a golden eagle could beat the combined force of his hawks.
A sudden noise caught Martesus's attention.

"Oof! Ow! Give it back you scum-nosed sea slime!"
"Not on your life smelly guts! Aah!"

Martesus growled as he put a paw to his face. His children were fighting again. He turned and walked to the scuffle, "What's going on here?" he demanded as he kicked the fighting martens apart.
Marula, the female spoke first. "Father he took my book!"
Then the male, Laturb spoke. "She wouldn't let me have a look at it!"
"It's private! You shouldn't be snooping around in others business fatty!"
"Wood-brain!"
Then there were a couple more  insults and the fight started once more.
Martesus stood over the scuffle disapprovingly. Then plucked the book from Marula's outstretched paws. He opened it, and on the very front was a detailed map of some land.
To the far right was the sea, and next to it was a cliff that jutted out from the rest of the land. On it was some kind of building, labeled "Marshank". Inland, there were Marshes, a mountain, a pine forest, a huge stream, an orchard, and right in the centre was what appeared to be a small village, labeled 'Noonvale'.
"Hmm," Martesus mused. "Noonvale eh? That name is familiar..." he grabbed his daughter by the neck scruff and stood on the boy's head.
"Where did you get this book!" he demanded.
"What's the big deal? I took it from two squirrelmaids a season ago. Celandine and Treefoil they called themselves. I talked to them for a bit then stabbed them in the back. Haha old fools!"
"Silence." said Martesus. Immediately blocking out further conversation. He pointed to a nearby stoat.
"You there! Bring me my wife and my wildcat captain. I have things to discuss with them."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Phew! Finally, chapter one! (If anyone can think of a better name than Lutarb for the male, they're more than welcome to say!)

WarriorOfMossflower

That was great; pine marten villains= :o ;D
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Gingivere Greeneyes

There just isn't enough of them!  ;D

Redwallfan7

I love the prologue! Especially the part where Pallum mentioned that Keyla and Tullgrew got married, that's so romantic. You're a great writer.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers