News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders: Holiday Special

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, November 15, 2012, 04:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Welcome to the holiday special of Overlord's Orders, which will feature elements of the late-year holidays. By some remarkable chance, this might produce some holiday spirit in you. Regardless, it will be starting in about a week. Hopefully this game which has found some favoriteship amongst board members can get some rejuvination. Note that the winner of the latest round of Overlord's Orders, Matthias, will be leading the next round. Winner of this round is non-binding on hosthsip.
So, right to the rules.
The Rules
We will have an overlord (or overlady), who will be all powerful and control the game.
Everyone else will be a servant of theirs to do his or her bidding, which will be a new assignment at the beginning of each round.
The game begins by the Overlord issuing a task, sending out their servants, and then summoning everyone before them and questioning them about whether they got the thing they wanted.
Any given round may have anywhere from a developing storyline and plot to pure and simple tasking. At times, the gamemaster (Overlord) may deviate from the general pattern and do something different at the end than just another task.

Example Round:
Let's say the Overlord might have wanted a jeep to use.
Stage 1: Introduction
The Overlord sends out their servants on a task and they return, and the Overlord will question their servants and ask them why they failed to bring them the thing they wanted (which will invariable happen, no one ever succeeds).
Stage 2: Defenses
Players can then blame their failure on some random thing (like maybe an elephant destroying the jeep) or someone else in the game; anything to shrug themselves off from fault.
Everyone can then blame someone, themselves, or introduce some sort of new feature that happened while acquiring the item (in this case, a jeep). Eventually, the Overlord will process the information and decide who failed, or might just get tired of the arguing and randomly select someone. You must submit a post every round. If not, the chances of survivng to a new stage are minimal.
Stage 3: Punishment
The person chosen to have failed by the Overlord is then thrown out, vaporized, or something creative, by the Overlord's orders. The idea is to not be this person, and to survive as long as possible.

The Overlord will be choosing the best defenses as survivors.

Inter-game rules: The winner of any round is given hostship of the next game. This can tie in with them going from servant to overlord, or it can be original.

General Guidelines:
Free roleplaying, or game spam, is fine. This means having yourself eat a banana, talk about the weather or river dance.

Whenever someone says something, it becomes fact. It is what happened. If someone says an elephant destroyed a jeep, then anyone calling that person a liar is for certain lying; the jeep was destroyed by an elephant. What's up for telling for someone else is, for example, who set the elephant on the jeep.

Godmoding pertaining to persons should be restricted to some extent, just try to keep things with at least a hand in plausibility. Powerplaying is allowed. However, it cannot affect players between tasks. For instance, you cannot have a servants contract a disease and be unable to speak, or even die. You can have them be sick during the task, but you cannot impede them during the Sessions before the Overlord.

Normally, the Gamemaster will have technology restricting servants to a base during the game to prevent physically roleplaying and keep the game focused on its purpose. Overlords can powerplay.
Also, you cannot use an excuse like being brainwashed or cloned during the task. You are you-and you are responsible for what you did wrong. Everyone is a failure in this game.
Remember to keep things civil, stay inside the board rules, keep all hands and legs inside the game until it comes to a complete stop...

If you have not played before, you can read through an older round. You can find them all here:
Game 1, ToR
Game 2, James Gryphon
Game 3, DanielofRedwall
Game 4, Matthias720
Game 5, Redwall Musician
Game 6, Tiria Wildlough

Player list: Copy last incarnation and add your name. I will edit this first post as new players sign up, and provide an updated list every time a player is eliminated.
1. Tiria Wildlough
2. DanielofRedwall
3. Leatho Shellhound
4. Skipper
5. Tam and Martin
6. HeadInAnotherGalaxy
7. Lord Gorath
8. Redwaller

Once the game has started, there can be no new players.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Tiria Wildlough

I'm in!

1. Tiria Wildlough
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

1. Tiria Wildlough
2. DanielofRedwall

(But you saw that coming.)
Received mostly negative reviews.

Matthias720

I'll sit this one out (for obvious reasons, lol).

Leatho Shellhound

I'll give it a try.

1. Tiria Wildlough
2. DanielofRedwall
3. Leatho shellhound
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Skipper

I'll try it out as this sems something I might be good at.
1. Tiria Wildlough
2. DanielofRedwall
3. Leatho shellhound
4. Skipper

Tam and Martin

1. Tiria Wildlough
2. DanielofRedwall
3. Leatho Shellhound
4. Skipper
5. Tam and Martin
           We'll try it out.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Added all of you. Looks like a lot of newcomers this round.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

1. Tiria Wildlough
2. DanielofRedwall
3. Leatho Shellhound
4. Skipper
5. Tam and Martin
6. HeadInAnotherGalaxy
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Going to want a couple more people at least. Will start next week, perhaps Tuesday.

Lord Gorath

1. Tiria Wildlough
2. DanielofRedwall
3. Leatho Shellhound
4. Skipper
5. Tam and Martin
6. HeadInAnotherGalaxy
7. Lord Gorath

Redwaller

1. Tiria Wildlough
2. DanielofRedwall
3. Leatho Shellhound
4. Skipper
5. Tam and Martin
6. HeadInAnotherGalaxy
7. Lord Gorath
8. Redwaller

I'm in!

cregga rose eyes

Quick question, how often are the rounds? I can only get on so often, so it would be helpful to know before I join.
Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

Taggerung_of_Redwall

A new round begins immediately as the last one ends. A new round will probably be every 3-5 days; if you can log in during that point you'll be good for participating in that round.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Round starting in about 5 hours. Everyone: Sign up if you still want to.