Main Menu

who would win?

Started by Captain Tammo, July 07, 2011, 09:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam and Martin

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on August 23, 2013, 12:59:11 AM
Quote from: Blaggut on August 22, 2013, 09:32:08 PM
Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 08, 2011, 01:20:17 AM
With Tsarmina you could just get an ol' bucket of water and throw it on her.

HIAG!!! Why did you not speak in your awesome language   ???

Zat iz an' older pozt, vhen ah 'adnae quite gotten tae me current accent yet. Ach, tiz amazin' 'ov far tiz gotten!
Oh Okay! I thought it was a recent post.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Blazemane

I think Sunflash would beat Gorath.

Because Brocktree.

No, seriously. Sunflash proves himself to be a natural-born warrior, and he hails from a line of Badger lords--Brocktree is his grandfather. I think it's interesting that both he and Gorath end up somewhat horrified by their own bloodwrath. But if I'm remembering Eulalia correctly, Gorath's bloodwrath often literally becomes a problem for him. His added strength doesn't make up for the fact that he can't think straight. Sunflash, on the other hand, becomes unstoppable. To me, that seems to indicate he has a natural skill for war that Gorath doesn't.

Of course... Gorath does finally beat Vizka in a fight where he resolves not to give into his bloodwrath. And, if he and Sunflash were to end up fighting each other, perhaps neither of them would find a reason to actually give into that much anger. So maybe Gorath has an advantage, after all.

But my first instinct is still Sunflash.

Captain Tammo

Hm... Interesting points wot!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Delthion

I think that at least one warlord would hold his forces back and let the others obliterate each other.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

Perhaps but I think a lot of them would do that, they all know that the last one with an army will win.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

SilentSam

;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Captain Tammo

oh wow when did this get revived? lol

If we're back to talking about the first question, I don't really know who would win, but if I had to bet my life on one of them, I'd say that Cluny would win. He was the first and one of the baddest by far, I think. He didn't operate purely on fear or intimidation, as some did, but also had great strength and a brilliant mind!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

LT Sandpaw

That's true, He killed a pike didn't he, something Gloomer the water rat couldn't do in Mossflower.

SilentSam

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on November 27, 2014, 05:27:14 PM
That's true, He killed a pike didn't he, something Gloomer the water rat couldn't do in Mossflower.
Very true. *claps*
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

LT Sandpaw

Hickory

Okay so cluny etc are all good fighters, but riggu felis is personally my favorite villain so im going with him. But is u count 101 snakes then they win.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Captain Tammo

TIME TO REVIVE THIS TOPIC! :D

New matchup!

100 GOUSIM warriors
Vs.
100 of Ublaz Madeyes' monitor lizards from The Pearls of Lutra

Who Would Win?

James Gryphon

The Guosim are fierce and brave, but when it comes to the Monitors, they should be heavily outmatched.

Monitors are much bigger, heavier, better armed and better fighters than the majority of the furred vermin species. A few gravely sick, landlubber Monitors slaughtered scores of pirates on their home turf, a corsair ship. It stands to reason that healthy and on ground they ought to do better. One unnamed Monitor was enough to account for the Skipper of Otters!

Now, if this were in an actual Redwall book, the Monitors could suffer, perhaps greatly, due to the massive bonus that good guys typically get -- after all, four or five creatures just slaughtered dozens of Monitors at the end of the book without being in significant danger (which I thought was not very fair, personally; it would have been better, perhaps, for the heroes to sneak by while the vermin all killed each other in a big pirates/Monitors melee).

That said, the villains in Rogue Crew did tear the Guosim up, and I see no reason why the feared shock troops from Sampetra shouldn't or couldn't do much better.
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

Ninja'd. :P

I'm inclined to say the monitors (too) because of their description in the books as being, if I remember, very tough and deadly, being feared even by the other pirates. They're large, strong, and have claws as well as flesh-ripping teeth and "thick-scaled hides".

However, shrews are always fighting creatures much larger than themselves, and are undoubtedly very capable of dealing with them. Be that as it is, there is always the good guys win bias in the books.

If real life tactics were employed, from the weapons each party used, the monitors would probably win. Gousim use short rapiers, and are rather short themselves, so a creature with longer reach and longer weapons would be able to keep them away with relative safety. The few of them that were there did hold off an army of corsairs trying to breach the castle. Shrews' strength is often in numbers. And since this would be an even amount of shrews versus monitors, the odds would be against them.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

Fair points, both of you, but I'm going to go with the GOUSIM this time. I'm particularly looking at the shrews in The Long Patrol. Remember Logalog took down a vermin baddie nearly 3 or 4 times his (rather small) size. And he did so only after toying with the guy for a bit, first, calling out his bad form and everything.

Also, while the monitors may be scaly and intimidating, the shrews have serious teamwork on their side and show it throughout the series. I could see them making a rotating ring of fighters. The outer ring of rapier-wielding warriors and teams of sling-wielders in the back. Their communication and unification (even if they bicker a lot) gives them a key advantage over the savage monitors.