News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Winter Fanfiction Contest

Started by Redwaller, December 04, 2012, 12:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

Welcome to the first Redwall Fanfiction Contest!

Members will write stories based upon Christmas and post them in the Fan Work Section.

Here is the list of contestants:

Cairn Destop
Redwaller
Rainshadow
W0NWILL
Skyblade
Buckler the Leg Buckler
Brookskimmer

And here is the list of the Fanfictions:

Cairn Destop: The Best Gift of All

Send the votes to me, so that when we reach the deadline, I will announce the winner.

Rainshadow

Interesting idea.  Maybe the story could be about how the Redwallers spend the winter?  Maybe have a few main characters that narrate the story or something, talking about the things that everybeast does.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwaller

It's a contest!  :) Everybody makes his own short story!  :D

Rainshadow

Hmm, well, when do you think it would start?  (No one steal my idea!  It's mine!  :P)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

cairn destop

I have a winter themed story that is a part of my Vermin Badger series.  It is one-chapter and around 2K words.  If we have to announce our intention of entering this contest, consider it done.

My entry is entitled "The Greatest Gift" and will be released here on the 21st.
Retirement:  What I earned from a lifetime of work.

Skyblade

This is a great idea. Writing's not my strong point but I think I might participate.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Redwaller

Good! Now let's discuss on when to start it.

Buckler The Leg Buckler

"I'll live to close those evil eyes of yores fer good,Ublaz! This is war! Cut 'er loose, Rocpaw, 'tis waaaaaar!" - Pearls Of Lutra

cregga rose eyes

Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

cairn destop

At least you know there will be one entry.  So now we need to have the rules clarified.

As to the how of the story, narration or character, that will be up to the author.  Both styles offer challenges.  I'm looking forward to seeing how a winter theme is handled by our members.

BrookSkimmer

W0NWILL

I'll join. I have a good idea, but someone else will probably do it. 'Cause it's a bit obvious.

EDIT: I'll just tell you. I'm doing a Redwall themed version of The Christmas Carol. Y'know, the one with the ghosts and Scrooge?

cairn destop

Could prove interesting.  Not asking for answers.  I'm curious to know who you have as Scrooge.  Vermin as the spirits?  Who said the winter contest had to be from the woodlander's viewpoint?  I've toyed with an all-vermin one.  Maybe next year. 

Redwaller

Cool idea! Never thought of that meself...

So, how is the judging gonna be done? Votes or judges?

W0NWILL

Eh, I just have an old mouse that works as a scribe. I didn't want him to be a vermin, because then people in the world would expect him to be a Scrooge.