News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Les Misérables (the musical)

Started by Icefire, January 02, 2013, 03:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icefire

I haven't seen any topics devoted to this particular musical, so I thought I'd start one.

So, what are your thoughts on this particular musical?

I just got back from the new movie version and it is fantastic in my opinion. :D
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Rainshadow

I knew you'd be putting up a topic like this sometime.  ::)  So, this is probably gonna horrify some people, but what is Les Misérables about?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Icefire

I would try to explain, but everytime I try I make it sound awful (which it isn't). Can someone else possibly explain?
I can tell you that it's awesome, but I think you've heard me say that often enough, Rainshadow! :)

Rainshadow

Quote from: Icefire on January 02, 2013, 04:26:03 AM
I would try to explain, but everytime I try I make it sound awful (which it isn't). Can someone else possibly explain?
I can tell you that it's awesome, but I think you've heard me say that often enough, Rainshadow! :)

Yes, I've just about heard that enough from you and my brother.  ;)  Ever since he got the soundtrack, he's been going crazy about that movie.  He still won't tell me what it's about, though.  Whenever I ask, he'll just say, "It's about Les Misérables!"  It drives me crazy!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Icefire

Do you want me to try to explain it again? The problem I think is that it's too epic to explain without giving you the entire plot.

Mattio

Icefire

Well, that's the way english speakers say it, but if you look at the french it's actually "ley meez-zey-ra-bluh"
It seems to me that one should say a french word using the french pronunciation....

Rainshadow

Well, my preference (since I can barely pronounce the actual words) would be to call it Les Mis.  So much easier.

Redwallfan7

My sister loves Les Miserables. I don't know if I like it or not, because I've never seen the original  musical before. Interesting fact: Taylor Swift was almost in the movie, but they didn't like her singing when she auditioned.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Mattio

Lutra

Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Rainshadow

Ah, thank you.  I'm not going to read the entire plot though, because if I'm going to see the movie, I don't want the entire thing ruined.  ;)  Unfortunately, I've already heard how horrible the ending ws (and what it is) from somebody who I won't name.  *Glares at Icefire*

blindsimeonjtp

Lutra

Quote from: blindsimeonjtp on January 03, 2013, 03:10:02 AM
was it ever a book?

Yes, it was a book long before anyone made an adaptation of it to the stage. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Dannflower Reguba

Has anyone else ever pronounced it "Less Misarabelis?" That's what I called it until I heard it pronounced Lay Mizerob (That's how it SOUNDS, not how it's SPELLED).
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This