"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall Page Practice Illumination

Started by King Regicon, January 10, 2013, 11:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Regicon

Hello fellow Redwall fans!

I was just recently shown this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgHZdCvHcoA
And I was inspired to do a practice illumination myself. I know nothing about illumination, and so my piece here has no real particular observances of illumination norms and traditions. However, I'ts a start, and it was fun to draw!

I was contemplating which text to illuminate when all of the sudden my mind wandered back to the good old days of nostalgia. The days when I was learning to read by reading Redwall. So this was an easy choice.

I tried to fit little details into the artwork. For example, I included the "Rose of Redwall" and (if you look carefully) a miniature shaded picture of the Abbey itself (in the top-part of the "M," the red triangle.)

The "BJ" in the border is a tribute to my favorite childhood author, who tapped my nose once and said I "looked like a squirrel." I suppose it was a compliment!

Enjoy!

OH AND ONE MORE THING- Please make a stop by my DeviantArt page! Feel free to identify yourself as a fellow Redwaller in the comments there! Here's the LINK:

http://kingregicon.deviantart.com/art/Redwall-Practice-Illumination-347814342

phoenixfoden

Redwaller

That is so cool!  :)

WOuld you take requests?  ???

King Regicon

Requests? I hadn't thought of it, actually, but I am certainly interested in giving it a shot.

Right now I am the graphic designer for a local newsletter and I have another issue coming up, so I've got a few assignments to draw. However, I am looking to get more involved in the Redwall forum, so after I finish up my projects, I think I'd love the challenge! :)

(also, Redwaller, I checked your signature link. What a lovely idea! Brian Jaques' poems are so great.)

321tumbler

I love the paragraph that you did and you should totally do more.

Redwaller

Quote from: King Regicon on January 11, 2013, 12:36:33 AM
(also, Redwaller, I checked your signature link. What a lovely idea! Brian Jaques' poems are so great.)
Thanks!  :)

You can visit it often, because I am always updating it. To see if there's any new stuff, go to the News section. Thanks again!  :)

King Regicon

@321Tumbler Thanks! I am so glad you like it! This is just a practice piece, really just an excuse to draw the "M" and little scene. However, while I may not be continuing this practice into the rest of the book, I think I might illuminate text again in the near future!

Something Horrifying

NO

OH GOD NO

ANYTHING BUT

THE HAZELNUTS

why would you do this to me  :'(

(Haha, okay, I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist--the hazelnut thing has become something of an inside joke. This is very, very nice! The style fits very well. I hope we'll see more!)
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

King Regicon

Haha, @something Horrifying, that is hilarious! Don't know if you're into this sort of thing, but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbXh7ZipUuQ

Aaaaand I like your avatar.

@Leatho aww, thanks! I'm hoping to jump right on into these forums (when time allows!)

Something Horrifying

Quote from: King Regicon on January 11, 2013, 03:05:59 AM
Haha, @something Horrifying, that is hilarious! Don't know if you're into this sort of thing, but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbXh7ZipUuQ

Aaaaand I like your avatar.

@Leatho aww, thanks! I'm hoping to jump right on into these forums (when time allows!)
Aaahaha, yesss.

And thanks! It's from this. I regret nothing. 8)
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

BrookSkimmer

This looks great! Hope to see more here soon!  ;D

And you have MLP art! I'm hoping to get into drawing some MLP art soon!! Love it!

Rainshadow

That looks awesome, King Regicon!  Just a little question though:  What's the music at the bottom of the page, and what instrument would it be for?  Piano?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

321tumbler

Yeah, I was wondering that too. (100th post!)

W0NWILL

Very nice, I'm looking forward to seeing more of these.

Quote from: Rainshadow on January 11, 2013, 07:26:46 PM
  That looks awesome, King Regicon!  Just a little question though:  What's the music at the bottom of the page, and what instrument would it be for?  Piano?

Looking at it, I wouldn't say piano. It's only for trouble cleft. Maybe violin, or any of those others that use trouble cleft. But it can be played on the piano. Doesn't sound bad on it either.