News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Star Trek

Started by blindsimeonjtp, January 12, 2013, 03:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusvul

I personally don't like the newest movies. Too much all-out war and fistfighting. It's good, but it's not really star trek.

I also liked Voyager, and to those who haven't seen DS9- Watch it, it's really good. The Dominion is an interesting adversary, Bajoran religion can be an interesting factor, the enmity between Bajorans and Cardassians after the occupation is pretty neat, Odo is awesome, and Garak is the best character ever.

I haven't seen Enterprise, I intend to watch it after I finish DS9. Is it good?

Søren

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on October 14, 2014, 09:19:39 PM
I personally don't like the newest movies. Too much all-out war and fistfighting. It's good, but it's not really star trek.

I also liked Voyager, and to those who haven't seen DS9- Watch it, it's really good. The Dominion is an interesting adversary, Bajoran religion can be an interesting factor, the enmity between Bajorans and Cardassians after the occupation is pretty neat, Odo is awesome, and Garak is the best character ever.

I haven't seen Enterprise, I intend to watch it after I finish DS9. Is it good?
enterprise is nowhere near the caliber DS9 was.
And yes, Garak is the best. ;)

I'm retired from the forum

Delthion

No one laughed at my reference. WOE IS ME!!!!  ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rusvul

Don't worry, I usually get the same response when I make periodic table jokes..

Søren

Quote from: Delthion on October 14, 2014, 09:24:47 PM
No one laughed at my reference. WOE IS ME!!!!  ;D
Actually, I just saw you B-4 reference. Very funny.   :)

I'm retired from the forum

Delthion

Thank you. At least someone appreciates creative genius!  ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rusvul

Ah. After a quick google, I realize I haven't seen Nemesis, which is apparently the movie with B-4 in it.

Delthion

WHAT??!!! That is by far the best Star Trek movie. It's the only one that isn't as fighting with no real plot development as the new ones. And not as diplomatic as the other Next-Gen.

Rusvul

Yeah. I'm sure it's much better than the new ones.

Faiyloe

Oh those are hard questions. I Like all the TV shows except Enterprise... I actually stopped watching those cuz they where so bad.  :P My top favorite was voyager. Loved 7 of 9 and Janeway and nothing can beet our singing doctor, oh can't forget Nelix specially when he was with Tovock.  To say the least I really liked how they all had to put up with each other for 7 years with no hope of really reaching home till they where all old and every thing.

Didn't like DS9 as much but that is just me. Odo is awesome.  ;D I loved his relationship with Quark. Also liked how Quark's nephew (Can't remember his name) Joined start fleet. I didn't like how there was this whole Ferangy (spelling?) reform thing at the end though.   
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Delthion

Rusvul

(Spoilers?)

I agree, it's really cool that Nog joined Starfleet, and how he ended up being a model officer to the point of being overly formal and then had to try to be less formal.

The Skarzs

Right, so I'm really not a fan of the Star Trek series (because I haven't seen any) but I opened up my Minecraft one time and it said this: KHAAAAAAAAAN!

I thought it relevant to post it here because Khan is/was a character in the Trek stuff.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

You thought rightly.

Rusvul

Is/was depending on which timeline you mention- in the TOS timeline, Khan dies (if I'm not mistaken), while in the newer movies he lives in stasis.

You should watch Star Trek. It's good.