News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Song for "Holt Arundell"

Started by KitrallStreamrippler, February 09, 2013, 08:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KitrallStreamrippler

So, I'm writing a fan fiction, but I will probably develop it a little more before posting it here. However, I would lie some input on my poetry. In the beginning, one of the main characters is traveling through Mossflower Woods, and she sings this:

I woke this morn unto a sight,
The sun was beamin' bright.
The trees so green;
I've never seen
A lovelier springtime sight!

I woke this morn unto a sound:
The larksong all around.
The singing birds;
I've never heard
A lovelier springtime sound!

I woke this morn unto a smell
Of flowers in the dell.
What joy I felt;
I've never smelt
A lovelier springtime smell.

I'll sing hurrah, I'll sing hooray!
The winter's gone away.
So sing it out,
Or cheer and shout:
The springtime's here today!

Originally, I had just the first verse, as I'm usually not much of a poet. But then I had a tune, and I also wanted to expand the song to appeal to more senses than just sight... Comments (especially constructive criticism) are welcome.

Edit: I've decided to go ahead and start posting my story here. I'll start it in a new topic. (Please bear with me at the beginning, I think it gets better as it goes on. And my apologies for the accents. I did my best.)
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Mattio

KitrallStreamrippler

Thanks. I just hope that any other poems, songs or riddles will turn out as well as this did. (Especially riddles. I love them, but I've always been awful at solving them. Dunno if I could actually make one up...)
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!