News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Legacies revealed: Fanfic for Leatho/NOT ENTERING IN CONTEST

Started by winifred, February 18, 2013, 05:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winifred

I Hope you like what I have so far. Note: This is still a work in progress and may be revised a bit still.

Prologue
  There is an island, called Green Isle. It is a large island inhabited by otters mostly, birds some, and other beasts few. All creatures live peacefully and it had been so, for as long as anybeast could remember or tell tales of. One creature in particular is singing a song that tells of the peace of the island quite well.

In the spring time,
By the meadow,
Where the birds sing,
With flowers yellow,
There's a tree-oh,
In that meadow,
A tree with lots of leafes-oh
In the springtime
It is peaceful,
It is sturdy like the tree
And the limber is so hardy
That it's home to you and me.

Chapter one
Zark ended his song while skipping down the path to his holt. This is where the clan that raised him and his twin sister dwelled.  The leader of the clan adopted them when they were found floating down the river in a basket. Scouts had searched everywhere to find reletives or friends. They couldn't have been too far away because there were rapids a short ways up the river and no otter cub could have survived them. Alas no kin was found. Skipper, leader of the Nightfur Clan raised the cubs along with his own family; His wife Trimble and his little son Zike. The three cubs had grown up very close and the tribe was very proud to have such a willing band of young ones to help with the chores. That's why Zark was on his way to the holt at this very moment, to help his sister Zara with splitting logs for the Clan's cookfires.    
"Phew! Zara, how far did you get without your dear strong brother, eh?" Zark skidded to a stop in front of his sister with a big grin and paws on hips.
  "Much further than you could've gone on your own you fibber. Strong? You barley have a muscle! I bet an acorn to a seashell I can chop more wood than you! And wipe that silly grin off your muzzle, else I'll do it for you, we have a lot of work to finish, matey!" Zara continued to split a log of chestnut, "What took you so long anyways? You were s'pposed to be back sooner."
  "Well," Explained Zark as he picked up his axe to get started. "I was reminding Skipper that our 13 season mark is almost upon us and were old enough to pick a quest."
Zara stopped in mid swing.
"Did you tell him what we decided?"
"Not yet, Mum will be upset ye'know. She always cries at something like this."
"I know, I know, but she will understand, you need to tell him so we can prepare."
"OK, when we get back we'll tell him!"
The pair continued with their job as the thudding chops sounded through the island.

Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

winifred

Chapter two
Hauling the wood in a small cart Zark and Zara, reviewed what they would say to Skipper when they were done with the wood. Rounding one more bend they stood facing a large cozy cave entrance, their home. Pulling the cart inside the siblings unloaded the wood in the store chamber. Finally they were free to find Skipper. Running to a tunnel entrance on the right they came into another chamber, their family's part of the cave. Trimble was just popping some scones into the little clay and rock oven that Skipper and Zara had created. After sliding the lot in she came and embraced her young ones.
"Mum, do you know where dad is?"
"I haven't seen him since breakfast Zara, but he should be with Uncle Ruddy, working on my iron cooking pot. When Zark and Zike were using it the other day, they brought it back with the biggest dent I've ever seen a pot have!" Zara peeked over at Zark.
"Sorry." He mumbled.
Mum Trimble smiled fondly at her son.
"It's alright, now go on and find that pa of yours, and tell him lunch is ready and waiting!"
The twins scrambled into the forge workchamber. There was Skipper side by side with Uncle Ruddy, banging a hammer in Mum's big iron pot.
"Da-ad!" Shouted Zark over the bangs and clangs. "Lunch is ready and we want to talk to you!"
Skipper pulled his head out of the pot.
"Comin' wouldn't want to miss a spot o' lunch, especialy a lunch made by me dear Trimle! Or a talk with my dear kidder." Skipper waved to his brother and trekked off with the young otters. Before they could reach their chamber entrance Zark and Zara pulled Skipper to the side.
"Dad, we are going to be 13 seasons in two days, old enough to go on a quest."
"And," added Zara, "We know what we want to do!"
"And what would that be?" Asked Skipper.
"Well," Said Zark, with a look at his sister. "We want to go on a quest for our past. We want to search this island from top to bottom for, anyting. We have to find something, we couldn't have floated across the sea, down a stream, over some rapids in a basket. There has to be something out there! We have to find it!"
"Yes," Exclaimed Zara. "We've been waiting a long time for this!"
Skipper faced one then the other,
"I know how you feel about your past. I'd do the same thing. Are you both sure about this?"
"Oh yes!" They exclaimed.
Skipper smiled down on them, "I trust you to take care of each other and be safe. I know this is a big moment for you and I know how you have kept this in your hearts. I wish thee the best of luck on your search!"
They both smothered Skipper in the hardiest hug then ran off. Skipper wiped tears from his eyes as he watched them go off to tell Zike the good news.
"Oh my little 'uns, you both have grown into fine young otters, may good fortune smile upon ye and your search."
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
And many many more...

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

winifred

Thank you.

Chapter three

Zike was helping an elderly otter named Druno. Druno always made the best seaweed grog for clan celebrations. Now that Druno was getting older he needed help to prepare the recipe. Zike was a huge fan of seaweed grog and offered to be Druno's assistant. So far Zike was the only outsider who knew the secret recipe. He was busy boiling the seaweed when his siblings ran in.

"Zike! You're never gonna believe this!" Exclaimed an excited Zara.
Zark cut in, "Oh Zike! We're going on our quest! Dad said we could!"
Zike Grinned at them. He had gone on his 13 season quest 2 or 3 seasons back. A 13 season quest was the clan's tradition of sinifying that an otter had reached his 13 seasons and was old enough to leave home and achieve an adventure.
"Congratulations mateys! What are you planning on doing?"
"Well," Said Zara. "We are going to look for any signs of our past. Maybe we'll find something, I mean there has to be something!"
"Yah," Said Zark. "There has to be something out there that can help us."
"Oh mateys! This 'as been your dream for as long as we can remember. May good fortune go with you on your journey. When are you leaving?"
"We're not sure, probably in one or two days." Stated Zara.
"Very soon." Said Zark
"I'll miss both of you terribly!" Said Zike in one of his rare emotion-expressional-moments toward his siblings. "I hope you find what you're looking for, but don't forget us."
"We would never forget you or our family!" The twins exclaimed together.
And they were right. They never would.
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
And many many more...

Gnoflet

Shut him up or shut him down.
Normal is just a setting on your dryer.

Brinty

Amazing! when is chapter four coming out?
Frodo: "Sam you must understand I'm going alone"
Sam: "Of course you are, and I'm coming with you!"

Hook: "Come on peter pan fly to the rescue and I'll shoot you right through your noble intentions!"

Bard: "You have no right, no right to enter that mountain!"
Thorin: "I have thee only right.

winifred

Haven't been on in a long while, but I'm reviving all my forgotten stories.
LOTS of editing and more content coming soon/eventually. :)
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
And many many more...