News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall - The Game

Started by Astral, July 13, 2011, 05:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawnwing

That's awesome! I really like it.
Haha, I only know a small bit of Java, wouldn't be able to help.

Redwall Musician

I thought it looked awesome! Great job! Can't wait too see what it looks like in the end.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

DanielofRedwall

Looking good, I have absolutely no idea how to do programming unfortunately.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Astral

The main "Abbey" has been built. I think it's a bit big, but only after I realized that Redwall castle might be too small, oh well it will just mean a smaller out-ground.

Still remaining are the bell tower, and other buildings.
And obviously the pond, orchard etc..

Check out the video, of the progress:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_DO5mZpwOo
"Violence can only be concealed by a lie, and the lie can only be maintained by violence."

Captain Tammo

Looks great!!! Did you make it on call of duty?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Osu

That video is amazinggggg aughhh I want to play this game so bad now. :D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Log-a-Log

That is really amazing the windows and the inside of the abbey look awesome! Keep it up
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Gonff

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

sabretache5611

make a group on facebook.  Sorry I can't help and the friends i know that can certainly help are not fans of Redwall (sniff sniff)
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

DanielofRedwall

just wondering, will it be an RPG? And I'm guessing it will be a game you play on the internet? Looking awesome by the way!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Astral

Hey, I created a blog which will display all my current progress: http://redwallthegame.blogspot.com/

Yes it will be an RPG. If I get enough time, I may implement networking to allow group quests or something, but alas we I am in very early stages of creating. It will be a downloadable game as in .EXE not a flash game.

No I did not create it on Call Of Duty.

I'm still looking for 3D modellers, I've had some people talk to me on other sites, but I await there responses.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Check first post 17 JUL, to view the help I need on rooms.
"Violence can only be concealed by a lie, and the lie can only be maintained by violence."

Osu

Yay, a blog! *stalkstalkstalk*

As for rooms and the infirmary in particular, I've always pictured it as one big, long room with beds lined up both sides. Or maybe small rooms, more kinda like niches in the walls, for the beds. ANYWAY I vote combining the small rooms to make a large one. :)
I pictured the dormitories as smallish rooms that fit four or six beds or bunk beds each, as well as a few smaller, one-bed, rooms along the way.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Matthias720

Gonff

I'm not sure about most the dormitories, but I think the dibbuns have one where they all sleep together. It will be interesting to see the floor plans come together, I have always been interested in how Redwall is laid out.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Taggerung_of_Redwall

There's a good deal of dormitories on two floors of the Abbey. And in addition there's at least a couple other areas with rooms, and them some separate rooms in addition somewhere near to the dormitory. Many elders have their own rooms, in addition to most guests.

What are your full plans for this?
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away