News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall - The Game

Started by Astral, July 13, 2011, 05:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astral

Come one, come all, to the world of Redwall.

Hello, I'm a computing student in Uni, and I've been a bit bored during these holidays. I had a dream about Redwall a while back :O .. And wondered wouldn't it be awesome for some simple 3D PC Redwall game. (I remember seeing the "A tale Of Redwall" by Benny Wrights, but it seems he gave up in 2009 after contact with him was lost). Anyway so I went about researching about 3D programming last week, and after trying a few engines I found I was satisfied with one finally.

The game is currently in development at very early stages, if anyone has experience in 3D development, I kindly ask you to help me :D .. It took me 3 entire days, 30-40hours to create the 4 outer Redwall walls. I need help creating for character models, so if you have any experience in 3D modelling (in 3DS MAX etc), contact me :'(

I am a very good programmer, so programming it self isn't a problem. I'm coding the game in C++

(If it is ever completed, it will obviously be released for free, because I hate paying for stuff too :L .. And I would try and involve networking in it. This will be sort of like an RPG)

Here's screen-shots of it so far:
Running EXE:

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1790/redwallexess.jpg

Close-up:

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9728/redwallmodel12jul.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________
15 JULY
Backwall built
Abbey built
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_DO5mZpwOo

__________________________________________________________________________________________
17 JULY
Ok I'm in need of a little help. What do you think the other building, next/combined to great hall should be. I've though of 2 main rooms, the armoury on the bottom floor. And the infirmary, which I think would be appropiate by combining 2 rooms to make it bigger.

- I numbered each room, so you can easily post your opinion here.

- A single room is not that big, but it would be big enough to fit 2/3 beds

- I also think that in Redwall, they have big rooms, with lots of beds in.

Anyway opinions?

"Violence can only be concealed by a lie, and the lie can only be maintained by violence."

Log-a-Log

I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

martins#1fan

I would SO TOTALLY help you, but I don't know a thing about programming!!!
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

The Lady Shael

That looks awesome! I am a programmer but not experienced in 3D modeling and it's been years since I've coded in C++. I'd be willing to help though if you need it. :)
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Captain Tammo

What's C++  ? I'm not sure how I feel about it,  Just I remember Mr. Jacques never liked video games. I'd probably play it though
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Osu

That is so, so, so cool, words cannot describe. I'm afraid I don't know anything about... well, anything, or I'd be all over this. :( Hope you're able to complete it!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Why is it always right after I stop doing something that something good appears for that something?

After I stopped eating Hot Pockets, they immediately come out with new versions.
Same exact thing with fast food, and (as proven above) computer games.
Sigh... :-\
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Osu

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 14, 2011, 01:21:56 AM
Why is it always right after I stop doing something that something good appears for that something?

After I stopped eating Hot Pockets, they immediately come out with new versions.
No reason you can't go back, eh? :) For Redwall's sake?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Matthias720

Nice. 8)

I wish I could contribute something, but I currently don't know anything about programming. :(

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Osu on July 14, 2011, 01:31:46 AM

Too late, I'm afraid. Besides, the best video game player is your imagination.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tiria Wildlough

I'm lost, but I probably wouldn't play a Redwall video game. It just doesn't go.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Astral

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 14, 2011, 11:17:24 AM
Quote from: Osu on July 14, 2011, 01:31:46 AM

That is true, however I don't have much to do these holidays & this is fun for me to create.
"Violence can only be concealed by a lie, and the lie can only be maintained by violence."

Gonff

True, At our house we don't play many video games but I think I might play this one as it is a PC game. Everyone in our family is alloud on the computer for about 30 min. a day so I could divide that time between that and this...

I think it is a cool idea and would be used by a lot of people. I would love to help but I only know enough code to add pictures to a website.  ;D

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

martins#1fan

I would SO play this game!!
If it's a role-playing game, I'd make myself a Badger, or a Mouse!
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Storm

It looks incredible! That's exactly how I imagined Redwall. If you can make it as good as it looks now I think that lots of people will play it.
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears.
I have come to bury Caesar, not praise him.
"Julius Caesar" by William Shakespeare