News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Card Game

Started by HeadInAnotherGalaxy, July 13, 2011, 11:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

I am currently working on a card game and decided to create cards for Matthias and Cluny.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Osu

Nifty! Are you going to post them here when they're done? :)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Here's Matthias:

(and yes, I just realized as well that I accidentally put an extra t in his name.)

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Here's Cluny:

(By the way, the number in the top right is the speed, the two boxes at the bottom [from top to bottom] are the Attack and defense.)

Osu

Oh, cool! Are you going to make cards for all of the characters? How do you play with them - or are they just regular cards, sorta?

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Osu on July 14, 2011, 01:19:23 AM
Oh, cool! Are you going to make cards for all of the characters? How do you play with them - or are they just regular cards, sorta?

For the first question, maybe. Tis not actually originally created for Redwall, although I could make a Redwall expansion series or something like that.

As to the second question, tis a wee bit complicated to explain via posting, but I'll try to make it as simple as possible:
Each player takes turns drawing cards from their decks and setting and activating cards on the field. When each player has 3 or more fighters a player can challenge another player to war, and, until the war ends, they take their turns without drawing or setting cards. (So basically what you have on the field is what's available for you to play with) During war, each player fights with their fighters and activates various effect cards until a player either surrenders or loses all their active fighters, in which case the lose the war, and thus one of their leader cards is destroyed. (The object of the whole game being to destroy all of your opponent's leader cards) You keep warring each other until one player's last leader card is destroyed.

I actually have finished drawing out my first set of them, but I need to scan them onto the computer, write up the rules, and some other stuff. I wish I knew someone who could draw better than I could that could make better versions of my drawings.

Osu

That sounds interesting! Something I could play, at least. ;D I'd be interested in seeing your other cards, too.

I'm not a very experienced artist or I'd totally volunteer to help with your designs, but if you need like a redline for your work, it might be worth asking on the deviantArt forums... some helpful artists over there! :D

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I see no images.  I've tried a couple things, but still can't see them.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 14, 2011, 02:25:48 AM
I see no images.  I've tried a couple things, but still can't see them.

That keeps happening to a few people on this site for some reason.

Meanwhile, here's Basil for aw you hare fans out there:

Matthias720

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 14, 2011, 02:25:48 AM
I see no images.  I've tried a couple things, but still can't see them.
And neither can I. :(

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

And of course I had to put this card up:

(As usual Weasels are the best.)

Osu

BASIL! ;D And that weasel is so cute.

Interesting that only the mods can't see these things. =/
Might be worth reuploading the cards to photobucket or tinypic or something so they can have a gander, too. :)

Captain Tammo

That's a pretty awesome collection. I can't wait to see the others!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

I thought I had saved this before I made the Slagar card but apparantly I was mistaken, so I had to create it again. Here's a Single use Event card to go with Slagar: