News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Rainshadow's Art

Started by Rainshadow, March 24, 2013, 03:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Why, thank you, Dave, for complimenting me on my attempt to harness your majesty and fit it into a small drawing.  ;D  And yes, John does need a new prank, but alas, it was late in the evening and I wanted to be done drawing.  :P

Thanks, Jet-kun!  I'd agree that I think I liked how Dave turned out most (Jade and Rose were kinda meh in my mind), although I am pretty proud of how similar John's hair is to the actual John.  And, of course, I'm just happy to be done with Gambit, as muscle tone and wind were rather hard factors for me.  ::)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

Would you mind doing both Karkat (the troll version from the comic) and my Fantasystuck Karkat (who I decided to give giant horns for the ironies)? Both in some BA fighting pose? (Different pictures

fantasystuck Karkat

[close]

Fantasystuck Karkat can have whatever sickle or sword (and doesn't have a tail or any other distinguishing features other than those shown in the picture) you want but something that could concievably exist in a high fantasy setting and preferably looks menacing

Normal Karkat uses this
Spoiler
[close]
Because it is my favourite out of his weapons. Possibly two of them? Also, long sleeves, Karkat has long sleeves and always must because for some reason that is the part of the canon I fixate on. For some strange reason it really annoys me when people draw the characters with their sleeves the wrong length.

Fantasystuck Karkat also has long sleeves in case that wasn't obvious
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

Will do!  Oh, and I couldn't help but laugh at this:

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 14, 2014, 09:20:34 PM
Fantasystuck Karkat can have whatever sickle or sword (and doesn't have a tail or any other distinguishing features other than those shown in the picture)...

It was ONE TIME, Jet.  ::::p
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Rainshadow

Hey, look who got a new sketch book and absolutely hates the quality of the paper!  (Seriously, that stuff is so stinkin' thin!  I'm gonna have to resort to one drawing per piece of paper, 'cause it was a pain to edit the drawings this week.  Fantasy!stuck Karkat's wings decided to make an appearance in Karkat's drawing, so that was just painful to clean up.  ::))

Jet-kun's requests
  Sorry if the editing looks weird; I didn't realize till I scanned them earlier that you could see through the paper.  Won't be drawing on both sides anymore!  Oh, and yes, Fantasy!stuck Karkat has huge wings.  Huge wings are awesome and more believable.  8)

[close]
Misc.
  My cousin told me I should draw a bird, so I decided to try drawing an eagle.  Not the best, but it didn't turn out too bad.  (And yes, he's Baldy the Eagle, an eagle that tweets.  Blame my cousin; she's six.  I had to entertain her.  :P)

[close]

Jetthebinturong

Those Karkats are just pure awesomeness incarnate

Could you do Yaraso? (Again he has no other demonic features)
Spoiler
[close]

He has a couple of weird weapons, one of them is just an ordinary sword but the design is kinda weird with a hilt like this
Spoiler
[close]
But it doesn't stick out towards you, that's just the best representation I could find also it's less curvy and more angular. Then it's just a normal straight sword blade. The sword is entirely black except the blood channel and hilt wrapping which are purple, it also has an amethyst pommel, if you could find some way to represent that those bits are a different colour that would be good but if you can't it's no big deal. The blade also lights on fire (because magic) which isn't required).

His other weapon is like a shortsword but it can be shot from the hilt on a chain. That's just like a normal sword with a u-shaped hilt.

If you could do him in a kind of "Come at me bro", ready-to-fight pose would be good. Like standing on the ground rather than flying, maybe with his wings raised above his head menacingly? I don't know

The Skarzs

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 21, 2014, 11:13:32 PM

Spoiler
[close]
He has cat face: :3
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rainshadow

Thanks!  :D  The fantasy!stuck version was kind of a pain to draw, 'cause the pose was weird for me, but the second one was really fun.  ;D

*Sobs*  It was only one time!  (:P)

He has a couple of weird weapons, one of them is just an ordinary sword but the design is kinda weird with a hilt like this
Spoiler
[close]
But it doesn't stick out towards you, that's just the best representation I could find also it's less curvy and more angular. Then it's just a normal straight sword blade. The sword is entirely black except the blood channel and hilt wrapping which are purple, it also has an amethyst pommel, if you could find some way to represent that those bits are a different colour that would be good but if you can't it's no big deal. The blade also lights on fire (because magic) which isn't required).

So, with the hilt, are you meaning that the horns are pointing alongside the blade, facing away from the hilt, or are you meaning that they're pointed toward the wielder and are just more of a right angle than an obtuse angle?  (Ooh, look at Shainy Radow, bringing geometry into art.  Such arithmetic.  Very math.  Wow.)  Blarg, what I mean by the second question is do you mean that the crossguard is flat, then it has the points jutting out at the end?

His other weapon is like a shortsword but it can be shot from the hilt on a chain. That's just like a normal sword with a u-shaped hilt.

Shot from the hilt on a chain?

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Rainshadow on November 21, 2014, 11:31:45 PM

Thanks!  :D  The fantasy!stuck version was kind of a pain to draw, 'cause the pose was weird for me, but the second one was really fun.  ;D

Spoiler
[close]

So, with the hilt, are you meaning that the horns are pointing alongside the blade, facing away from the hilt, or are you meaning that they're pointed toward the wielder and are just more of a right angle than an obtuse angle?  (Ooh, look at Shainy Radow, bringing geometry into art.  Such arithmetic.  Very math.  Wow.)  Blarg, what I mean by the second question is do you mean that the crossguard is flat, then it has the points jutting out at the end?

Yeah if you've ever played Ratchet and Clank 3 it's based on Chainblade's signature weapon, a sword combined with a chain whip

And with the hilt, it's pointing up the blade to the bit where you stab people with, the "horns" aren't at right angles, they point inward like

ll
      ll
      ll
      ll
  /   l   \
  \ _ll_ /
      ll
      ll
      O
But more inwards pointing

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 21, 2014, 11:59:31 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on November 21, 2014, 11:31:45 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Yeah if you've ever played Ratchet and Clank 3 it's based on Chainblade's signature weapon, a sword combined with a chain whip

And with the hilt, it's pointing up the blade to the bit where you stab people with, the "horns" aren't at right angles, they point inward like

ll
      ll
      ll
      ll
  /   l   \
  \ _ll_ /
      ll
      ll
      O
But more inwards pointing

Alrighty, so after consulting the almighty Google, I've come to the conclusion that this chain sword is a sword whose blade is broken into sections.  These sections are connected to a chain that makes it so that the sword can both be used as a normal blade, or break apart into its sections to become a very sharp whip... thing.  Correct?  (Apologies, I've barely even heard of Ratchet and Clank before, so I don't know a lot about it.)

Ooh, yay, I understand the other sword!  :D  :P

Jetthebinturong

Yeah

EDIT: I feel like I should mention that Yaraso doesn't ACTUALLY have a cat face

EDIT 2: Would you mind if I posted your art of the Fantasystuck stuff on the Facebook page it comes from? It's only myself, an irl friend and her irl friend on it

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 22, 2014, 12:16:44 PM
EDIT: I feel like I should mention that Yaraso doesn't ACTUALLY have a cat face

Hehe, I now feel like I should draw an extra little sketch of Yaraso with a cat head.  :P

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 22, 2014, 12:16:44 PM
EDIT 2: Would you mind if I posted your art of the Fantasystuck stuff on the Facebook page it comes from? It's only myself, an irl friend and her irl friend on it

As long as you give me credit, I'm totally fine with it.  :)

Jetthebinturong

Hrm, my computer seems to hate your drawings. The file format is not supported apparently. Thanks anyway

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 24, 2014, 07:44:19 PM
Hrm, my computer seems to hate your drawings. The file format is not supported apparently. Thanks anyway

That's annoying.  :-\  Oh well.

Jetthebinturong

I'm such an idiot!  ::) I can just copy and paste your drawings into a piece of image editing software and save them through that

Rainshadow

Lol, that works!  Glad ya figured it out, 'cause I woulda been able to offer exactly zero words of advice, as I'm quite a simpleton when it comes to technology.  :P