News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Rainshadow's Art

Started by Rainshadow, March 24, 2013, 03:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhera

Those are really good! Do you use art pencils or just a No. 2 when you draw?

Rainshadow

Quote from: Mhera on March 03, 2015, 03:16:54 AM
Those are really good! Do you use art pencils or just a No. 2 when you draw?

Thanks!  Yes, I do use art pencils.  Before late January I simply used a No. 2, but my awesome aunt got me a pencil holder and some art tools that I could use to do my requests with.  Now I use a mechanical pencil for the outline (that way the tip is always sharp), then a bunch of different intensity woodless pencils for the shading.  Then I use a tortillon to blend and make the shades smooth, shade a bit more to add actual shadows, and, y'know, do touch up work.  It's sort of a long process, but I like having more to work with than just a simple pencil.  Makes me feel more professional when I have a lot of fun tools.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Rainshadow

So, in Dragon Age: Inquisition, all your companions have tarot cards that sort of describe what situation they're going through at the time, right?  Well, I saw a lot of awesome tarot card art for OCs and such and decided to draw one of my own.  I liked it so much that I recreated it with my tablet.

Delvon, based loosely off of the "Judgment" card, whose meaning is one of awakening; a change for the better.  The start of a new cycle in life.  As Delvon is an exile, forced to change his view on what matters in life and his own purpose, I thought this was fitting.  The "Death" card would have worked, too, but I wanted to show the more positive side to his exile.  He gets to have a new life; a life where he's free to show who he truly is.  He doesn't have to hide himself anymore.  I drew his hand covering the mark of the exiled to show that the fact that he's exiled doesn't rule his life.  It's not who he is.

Yeah... stuff.  My head hurts now because I've been at that drawing for, what, two hours?  My mom keeps telling me that I need to stop to eat, but I'm like, "No, gotta finish this.  Gotta finish it."  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Lady Ashenwyte

Nice!  What did you use for this picture?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Rainshadow

Thanks!  :D  I used my Wacom Bamboo tablet (Wacom Bamboo Capture Pen and Touch, to be precise).  It's kinda hard for me, but really rewarding once I've finished.  ;D

Rainshadow

Aaaaaaaart stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuufffssss!!!

Jet-kun

Tooooootally didn't use a Korra picture for a reference for Tom, here.  Yeah, totally.  ;D

[close]
Misc.
  Okay, so last week, for some reason, I was really in the mood for drawing Rochil and Rainy, so I just drew a bunch of stuff.  :P

First up is pre-butler Rocky, back when he was a champion.  Yes, he has dragon legs and a tail.  Rochil has an interesting fighting style; while fighting, he tries to remain at least partially in his human form.  Gives him more of a challenge.  He will occasionally change parts of his body into draconic parts, though, 'cause it gives him more to work with.  (Such as his tail to batter the enemy with, and his legs giving him greater speed and agility.)  (His hair looks really weird in this, though.  It usually doesn't look like an afro.  :P)

Then me and Rocky 'cause I found an awesome pose in a manga instruction book.

And then a threesome to entertain my cousins while we were in the car.

Then yesterday I decided to draw Peter, the socially awkward, immortal psychic/seer guy.  (He's fun to draw.  ^-^)

I also did a remake of this drawing:

Travelling hare
[close]

Aaaand then a sketch dump to relieve stress at the end of my very tiring day.  (Click for a larger image.)

[close]

Jetthebinturong

Ooh, now I feel like I probably should have mentioned personalities. While awesome, Tom's drawing doesn't suit his character. Again that's not your fault, you couldn't possibly know his personality and all blame for that falls on me. But yeah, Tom's kind of the joker of the group, the happy, funny one and his fighting style is more sleek and fluid than rush in with extreme force.

Alex seems kind of squashed, his legs look too bulky compared to the rest of his body,

Argh this comment is too heavy on criticism, Tom's drawing though inaccurate to the character (again, my fault, I don't blame you for that.) looks great and from the waist up, so does Alex and I really appreciate that you took the time to do them and the effort it must have taken.

I feel like a horrible person
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

Hey, don't worry about giving criticism.  I like criticism.  I very much appreciate feedback.  ;)

Yeah, now that I look at Alex, I totally see what you're talking about.  To be honest, he was probably the hardest of this set of requests so far, simply 'cause his pose was one I hadn't ever done before.  (I don't usually draw people from the back.)  If you'd like, I can do him again.  I could do another Tom, too, to make him more true to the character.  They're both cool characters and I wouldn't mind redoing them.  :)

Jetthebinturong

If you're really fine with that then that would be great
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Faiyloe

Oh I love the pictures you did of Rochile you and Rainy.  ;D
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Rainshadow

Thanks, Faiy-chan!  :D

Leatho Shellhound

Well done Rain! I like them a lot!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rainshadow

Thanks, Leatgo!  Glad ya liked 'em.  :)

Rainshadow

Eeeyyyy, guess who decided to upload some stuff.

Jet-kun
  May or may not have used an Aang and a Sebastian Michaelis pose for Tom and Alex.  ;D

[close]
Misc.
  I did a little sketch dump of some shifters to finish a rather tiring Thursday, but my cousins wanted to be in on it so I drew my little seven-year-old cousin and attempted to draw my ten-year-old cousin.  Yeaaahhhh, that didn't work out, so it turned into a freakish drawing we were all giggling at.  :P  (Bigger image.)

Then I drew my "Amnesiavellan", also known as my Dalish elf who has memory loss and doesn't even know what the Dalish are.  She's awesome.

On Sunday I decided to do a lot of shifter stuff because I was trying to finalize appearances for Delvon's squad.  I drew the heads for their dragon forms because I can.  I also drew a bunch of shifter tattoo designs because I can.  (Bigger image.)

And the Delvon squad, made up of Anora going "Look at my arrow", Delvon going "How do I pose?  This looks cool, let's go with that...", Kri going "Take a look at THIS!", and Sol going "Derp".  (Sol's blind, so I tried to make him not look at the "camera", but he just ended up looking weird.  :P)

Sunday evening I decided to draw something sad because I was listening to sad and angry music.  So, yeah, Delvon right after he's exiled.  Yes, it's raining in the desert.  He's sad.  He's angry.  The emotions combined with his magical abilities make for weird weather around him.

Heh, I wanted to try out kissing 'cause I felt in the mood for fluffy things, so I got an overly-emotional Tani pulling Adam close and kissing him while he's going "ERROR, DOES NOT COMPUTE."

And finally, a centaur, just 'cause I can.  My little cousin (the seven-year-old) wanted me to draw a baseball cap on him, but after much argument (she didn't understand that I'd already shaded in the hair and that it would just leave a nasty smudge if I erased it and tried to draw a hat), I won with no hat.  Also, dark-skinned centaurs for the win!

[close]

Faiyloe

*Dances around* *is so happy* This stuff is awesome.  ;D You have like my two favorite things in art which I cant really do (Well can't is a bad word, more like is not very good at) Character info dumps and group pictures. Awesome.  ;D
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?