News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Rainshadow's Art

Started by Rainshadow, March 24, 2013, 03:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

Do you have any coloured pencils, water colour, makers? Or are you just not comfortable using them?

BTW, can't wait to see your new art works!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rainshadow

@Jet-kun:  Read it, loved it, and already want to buy the book.  8)

@Leatgo:  I have coloured pencils (and crayons, but I detest crayons), but my problem is that my scanner doesn't scan in colour.  My brother tried to fix it one time and it just ended up worse.  It's kind of an old printer.  :P  I also don't really know how to work with coloured pencils (as in, how to not make the shading look scratchy and unprofessional), so I generally just try to avoid colour.  If I had a set of new pencils (the box I have currently is one I've had since I was, like, two), I may be willing to at least use them for personal stuff, but I'm not really one for using colour on paper.  :-\

And you need not wait any longer, for here is the art stuffs!  (Whoa, grammar fail there.  Ah, whatever, I have to leave in a half an hour, so I don't really care about grammar.  :P)

Ru-kun
  Yes, yes, the raven is on his finger instead of his shoulder.  I couldn't find a good spot for it where you could see both Dorzaphir's face and the raven, so I moved it to a better location.

[close]
Jet-kun
  I'm not sure how "rich" and "casual" his clothes look, but I hope they look alright.

[close]
Misc.
  Aaaand now we start the two weeks of weirdness in which I do a lot of stuff involving a lot of characters.

Starting off, we have my boredom poured onto the page with a shopping trip for Rochil.  (I'd read the question in his ask thread about if he wore anything other than his regular uniform, so I decided to experiment.  ;)(Bigger picture.)

Oh, and I finally started up with the OC challenge again, which has day seven(?  It might be eight...) drawing the character sleeping.  I added Feathers napping just 'cause I can.

Then I started this dump on the 16th, but I kept bringing it with me wherever I went, so it sorta turned into a week-long dump.  :P  (Bigger picture.)

And here's the adorable O-chan from Hiiro no Kakera.

My friend and I were talking about Harry Potter, and she suddenly told me to draw a wizard.  I thought of the wrong type, though.  :P  Also, I got bored about halfway through and decided not to finish shading.  So... if anyone wants to colour it in, be my guest.

Aaaand to finish it off, OC challenge day eight (or was it nine?  Iunno, the list isn't right here, so I have no clue), which is to draw your character playing a sport.  Adam's not technically doing sporty stuff, but he's ice skating, so whatever.  Not shown are all his bruises from tripping and falling over while trying to skate.

[close]

Stuffs!  Yay!  Oh, and be expecting some Dishonored fan art come next upload.  *Maniacal laughter*
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

I see, that makes sence.  8)

Sweet! I like how you have the pillow on the floor, that's so me in the morning. And your O-chan is also super cool!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rusvul

Hahahaha! Okay, that is perfect. I am still chuckling... That is a wonderful portrayal of Dorzaphir. His facial expression is... amazing. Thanks! :D

Jetthebinturong

Very nice. I particularly like Dorzaphir and O-chan

And can I assume that you want the next couple of chapters?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

Thanks, you guys!  Glad you liked this latest haul.  :D  And O-chan is adorable, is he not?  One of my favourite characters from that anime.  ^-^

@Jet-kun:  You assume correctly, good sir.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

Next chapters sent.

Could you draw Jasper and Kosume standing next to each other?

They're both in identical outfits; black waistcoats, suit trousers, ties and dress shoes and long-sleeved white shirts. Jasper has curly brown hair like Julian Blackthorn, tanned skin and golden eyes. Kosume has short black hair and red eyes. They both have cat ears and tails (well, they don't actually, it's just for one chapter when they go to a costume party), Jasper's is more bushy than Kosume's. Kosume looks slightly embarrassed and annoyed while Jasper looks practically euphoric. They're both sixteen.

AbbotAlf0809

OMG Rain you nailed Maximus the Ranger! I love it you made my first RP character and Davidari's ancestor look amazing!

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on April 28, 2015, 09:05:48 PM
Next chapters sent.

They're both in identical outfits; black waistcoats, suit trousers, ties and dress shoes and long-sleeved white shirts. Jasper has curly brown hair like Julian Blackthorn, tanned skin and golden eyes. Kosume has short black hair and red eyes. They both have cat ears and tails (well, they don't actually, it's just for one chapter when they go to a costume party), Jasper's is more bushy than Kosume's. Kosume looks slightly embarrassed and annoyed while Jasper looks practically euphoric. They're both sixteen.

Sure, I can do that!  I'm assuming that the cat ears and tails are headbands and... belt thingies?  (Not sure what fake tail harness thingummies are called.  :P)  What I mean is, they're fake, correct?  (Probably a stupid question, but I'd rather make sure than make mistakes.  ;))

Quote from: AbbotAlf0809 on April 29, 2015, 12:09:22 AM
OMG Rain you nailed Maximus the Ranger! I love it you made my first RP character and Davidari's ancestor look amazing!

Thanks!  Wow, that was awhile ago that I did that, wasn't it?  Hmm... maybe it might be time for a redraw, now that you're active again...

Romsca

Could you please cancel my request? Thanks! It has nothing to do with you not being able to draw in color, there are just other reasons. Your drawings look great!  :D

Rainshadow

Quote from: Romsca on April 29, 2015, 04:13:36 AM
Could you please cancel my request? Thanks! It has nothing to do with you not being able to draw in color, there are just other reasons. Your drawings look great!  :D

Okay, that's fine with me.  But if you ever get the hankering to request something, feel free!  :)

And thanks!  :D

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Rainshadow on April 29, 2015, 02:11:13 AM
Quote from: Jetthebinturong on April 28, 2015, 09:05:48 PM
Next chapters sent.

Sure, I can do that!  I'm assuming that the cat ears and tails are headbands and... belt thingies?  (Not sure what fake tail harness thingummies are called.  :P)  What I mean is, they're fake, correct?  (Probably a stupid question, but I'd rather make sure than make mistakes.  ;))

Yes they're fake but really the only way you'd be able to tell would be by the tail because they don't stick up like a cat's should

Lady Ashenwyte

Are you free for a request? If so, please do the following characters.

Name and/or title: Henri the Chivalrous.
Species: Cougar.
Appearance: He is tall, and has eyes that are blue and green. He wears a brigandine with his family crest on it, which is an eagle locked in battle with a winged serpent. He wears a bascinet with a metal stag on the top, a last memory of his old life.
Weapons: A flanged mace, a heater shield, and a crossbow with bolts. He also has a conch shell horn.

Please draw him with the bascinet open, and him holding the mace and the heater shied. The crossbow is strapped to his back and the conch should be in his belt.

Oh, and could you draw the cat demon prince from Black Rain?

EDIT: Artaforr.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jetthebinturong

Heh, I was actually going to ask for more BR stuff once Jasp and Kos were done, so I wholeheartedly second Ash's request of Artaforr

Rainshadow

I'm fine with doing both.  :)  (Drawing Artaforr in particular should be quite fun.  ;D)

Oh, and an update:  Jet-kun, your request is done (and has been done for about a week), but I haven't found the time to upload art.  If not this weekend, I'll try to have the drawings up by next weekend.  (I have loads of school to do so I can finish up the year, and this week was just crazy with my music program's concert, so I haven't been able to get anywhere near the scanner long enough to upload stuff.  Dx )