News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Mite's doodlin's ~

Started by Para the Mite, April 01, 2013, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Para the Mite

Since I'll prolly draw more than one character, I should prolly have a place for 'em. x3

Captain Keeta the Cutthroat

* I had trouble getting started but once I figured her face out, like always, the rest sort of followed. Couldn't figure out the angle for the left arm and hand for the life of me so I wound up drawing around it until I finally realized...I had to figure it out or I'd never get it in with the armor detail. xD, Came out better than I expected. Big bummer is the left and right handpaws don't match. lol, I have a male-esque right fist and a feminine left handpaw. xD, I also forgot to add in the rest of the saber scabbard, not that you can see much of it. Thing to note: her legs are in fact digitigrades in style, I just didn't have space to illustrate it. I loves digi-paws. Love to draw 'em, even more than hands and faces I think. lol

More art to come if/when, blah, blah zzzZZzzzZZzzz ~
'Paws of wrong meet paws of right,
As autumn leaves would turn.
Fates entangled in dawn's cruel light,
Where the lizard fires once burned.
The shadows of evil walk with thee, thy babe,
Dare ye wish it not to be true?
Wouldst thou seek the path of right,
If it brought only pain to you?'

Romsca

That's amazing!  :o

Would you take a request by any chance?

Rainshadow

Whoa, she is very creepily awesome!  I love how her face pretty much shows a mixture of evil or insanity.  None of my drawings have very much emotion in them, even when I try.  ::)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Para the Mite

Quote from: Romsca on April 01, 2013, 04:08:08 AM
Would you take a request by any chance?
Not so much anymore, I'm afraid. I was an artist by trade for a long time. Now I draw only what sparks my interest if/when that happens; which has been rarely these days.

However I do sometimes draw the characters or scenes from role-plays I take part in. It has to be pretty notable, though.

Even more rarely I'll see someone's character perchance and like their description so much I'll draw 'im. It's sort of like a really random Wheel of Fortune on who and what I enjoy drawing, and when. lol

Quote from: Rainshadow on April 01, 2013, 04:18:59 AM
  Whoa, she is very creepily awesome!  I love how her face pretty much shows a mixture of evil or insanity.  None of my drawings have very much emotion in them, even when I try.  ::)
Nah, just takes time. ;3, I'm either weird or found the secret. I've spent most of my life looking at art, admiring art and trying to imitate certain art styles, tracing, etc. Through this fashion I essentially...learned how to draw. lol, I'd say it took me maybe...four years to get to a point where I felt pretty confident. Now I'm a bit arrogant, but I try really hard to remain as humble as possible. I hate arrogance, in myself more than others.

Leatho Shellhound

I love it!!!! Every thing about it!!

Could you check out my art?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwaller

Krowdon

Woah. That is really cool mate.

Para the Mite

Para the Mite

Moonlaurel "Laurie" O'Steele

* Came up with her character concept some time ago just never got around to it. She's a Northland hare, the perilous March-sort. Heavy Irish influence so she has a nice brogue and a carefree attitude. She travels with a young otter but I haven't drawn him yet. Main mistake in this drawing is the axe-head; the angle is wrong. I need to add a simple line to add depth to it and that should take care of it. The clothing folds on the mantle are not perfect, but, well enough it gets the point across I think. I think I like the Irish mantle as much as I like the Scottish kilt. lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I have a prize to draw and a couple trades. Least I have something to do. x3

Romsca

Rainshadow

:o  She looks awesome!  I really like the axe!  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwaller

AWESOME!!! How can you say it has errors? It's totally awesome!!!

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rusvul

Quote from: Redwaller on April 13, 2013, 11:31:46 PM
AWESOME!!! How can you say it has errors? It's totally awesome!!!
I agree with you, to anybody except Para, it seems flawless, but, I know that I always see many flaws in my own work, (Though, I'm mostly into singing, not drawing, but same deal) even though nobody ever says that there are flaws. Perhaps they're just being polite, perhaps they really think that there are no flaws. Still, it's easier to see flaws in your own work than others. Even if everybody disagrees with you about the flaws. Which is the case here :P.

Para the Mite

Haha, errors are in the eye of the beholder. xD

Artists just generally have an eye/ear for detail. The more one draws/writes/creates art, the more critical one becomes of it; not just of their own, but of all art. I've seen this happen a few times with a few different artists, including myself. I used to sweat the details less, now its become my life almost. I enjoy truly dissecting the piece, as though so fervently searching for errors and mistakes. Which is unfair, sometimes, both to myself and other artists. After all, none of us can live up to perfection, and it's only depressing to always think of everything you did wrong.

I try to simply think of it as something I can do better, instead of...right. lol, Since, in art, there truly is no right or wrong. ^^

Course that's just one beast's opinion. x3

When I point out the errors in my art that I see, it's generally just because I want to make a mental note on how to improve later. It doesn't mean I think it cheapens the value of the piece. I still love Laurie's sketch despite the errors I would like to alter. xD

I've also noticed that, if I say nothing, no one will ever notice the errors. lol, And that's a lesson for all you budding artists out there. Just don't ever point your errors out, no one will ever see them but you, like as not. xD lol