News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Invaders

Started by Shadowed One, April 04, 2013, 02:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want the wolves to win, or the hares?

Wolves!
Hares!
Neither
I don't know

Shadowed One

This is the story of the Long Patrol`s invasion of the Lands of Snow and Ice. Please feel free to comment on it!
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Shadowed One

PROLOGUE
The icy wind sang as it whipped through the ice coated rigging. The ship dipped down on a wave as it sailed on through the cold sea, bound for Mossflower Country, and conquest!
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

Shadowed One

BOOK ONE: The Winter of Wolves
                                      Chapter 1

The ancient halls of Iceblade Castle had long been the home of wolves. It was true that Dramz had once ruled there, but the wolfclans had retaken  it after Gulo left. Now, King Fengz (pronounced Fangs) ruled there. He was everything a warrior king should be, be from his huge claws and teeth to his red cloak and black tunic. His weapon was a spear with a long curved blade at the end. His throne room was a huge hall with the cages for prisoners lining the way to the throne. It was made from stone, and covered with dead enemies skins. Yes, Fengz had a huge kingdom and a horde of vermin to serve him, but he wanted more. That was why his most trusted lieutenant, a wolf named Angtar Boneshatter, was sailing with an army to take Mossflower Country. Nothing, he was sure, would dare try to stop him. That just goes to show, he had never heard of the Long Patrol.

Mattio

Very nice althought the chapters a re a bit short

Shadowed One

Chapter 2

Across the Western Seas, at the mountain of Salamandastron, it seemed to be another ordinary day of training and drilling for the famed Long Patrol. Major Mert Swiggleton watched from the window of his bedroom.
"Breakfast as ordered, sah!" Meet turned to see Sergeant Asty Bimtun standing at the door holding a tray laden with breakfast food.
"Good show, sergeant," said Swiggleton,"put it down right there." As the sergeant put the tray down, Swiggleton turned back to the window, this time looking towards the north.
"Looking for him, sah?" asked Bimtun.
"He's been gone for two seasons now," replied Mert," Salamandastron isn't the same without a badgerlord to rule here. When he left, he said he would be back before winter. Well, it's almost winter, and no sign of him for miles around."
"I will tell the scouts to broaden there search," said the sergeant.
"Good, and tell me if they bally well find anything, anything at all. Dismissed, sergeant."

Shadowed One

Quote from: Mattio on April 05, 2013, 04:03:36 PM
Very nice althought the chapters a re a bit short
I am not used to writing fanfiction, so the chapters will be short. There will just be a lot more of them.

Mattio

Ok I really like the new chapter

Shadowed One

Mattio

Shadowed One

Chapter 3

The hare patrolling that day went down the path to the sea. Looking around, he noticed a ship washed up on the sand. It was a large, three-masted vessel, with a hole in the side. Peering in, the hare suddenly felt a chill go up his spine as two red eyes stared back at him from the darkness.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At midnight, when the patroller had not come back, Sergeant Bimtun went with a score of hares to look for him. After looking around, they walked down the path the hare had taken. Seeing the ship, they crept towards it.
"Alright, come out, whoever is bally well in there," bellowed Asty.
"Are you sure you want me too?" asked a harsh voice from the shadows,"I can kill you,
like I did your friend, if you want."
"No thanks, vermin," yelled the sergeant.
"Who said I was a vermin?" asked the voice," I am not."
"Then what are you?"
"Your worst nightmare," said the voice as a huge creature emerged from the shadows.

I know you can probably guess what that mysterious creature is. By the way, any
italicized words are author's notes.

Mattio

Is it a wearer or wearat

Shadowed One

Actually it is a wolf. The Long Patrol will be seeing a lot more of them later on.

Shadowed One

Chapter 4

The creak of timbers and the splash of spray was all Sergeant Asty Bimtun could hear. He opened his eyes and saw he was on a ship, tied to one of the three masts. He groaned as he felt the pain from his wounds radiate through his body. He thought back to last night. He remembered seeing a huge creature rush at him and his hares, but then everything went black.
"Well, well, well, your finally awake," said a voice in front of him. He looked up into the eyes of a huge beast, much bigger than a badger.
"Who are you?" asked Asty.
"I am Angtar Boneshatter, second in command to the great wolf lord, King Fengz. We are going to take your mountain as a staging ground for our mighty army. You are going to tell those other hares to surrender to us, or die! Now go, and deliver our message, hare!"
With that, Angtar cut his bonds and flung him over the side. As he landed in the water, he heard Angtar laughing.
"You have until the sun sets tonight. If you do not surrender, we will take your mountain by force!"

rachel25

good but the wolves have obviously never heard of The Long Patrol  8)

Redwaller

It's good! I like the storyline! Good job overall!