News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Across the Sea: Plotting and Discussion (the slow RP)

Started by Osu, April 16, 2013, 02:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Title for the RP thread?

Riddles From the Abbey
1 (10%)
Across the Sea
3 (30%)
In Search of Treasure
0 (0%)
Treasure Seekers
0 (0%)
Treasure Hunt
1 (10%)
The Pondering
2 (20%)
Riddles on the Sea
3 (30%)
Seas and Riddles
0 (0%)
Riddles and Sailing
0 (0%)
Treasure on the Sea
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: July 16, 2013, 01:47:08 AM

Osu

As it happens, estar, we just had somebody drop out. XD Sure thing, go ahead and post your character(s) whenever you're ready and jump right in! No hurry, we're all slow pokes. XD

Also, Blaze, great post!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

estar222

Fantastic! Do forgive me if I accidentally break canon from time to time, as I'm really not that familiar with the show. I assume that ferrets are cool for use as characters?

Name: James Bonhay

Species: Ferret (If this is not ok, then assume me to be a weasel, as the two are fairly similar, in appearance if nothing else.)

Weapons: A long, broad bladed, sharp naval cutlass, with a solid, cold steel blade, and a brass-steel hand guard. He also possesses a small dirk designed for throwing, but decent enough for stabbing too, and he has been trained with a Longbow before, but does not commonly carry one.

Appearance:

If Ferrets are not allowed, due to them not being canonically correct, then assume me to be a good weasel, of the below appearance.

Personality: He's a decent enough sort of man, in for a joke with the boys sometimes, although he's also an exceptional actor, a good thief, and a true gentleman at heart. He's the sort of man whom a lady might find herself blushing over, but whom a lady would probably never want to commit to. He can be charming, and he can be good natured, but a roguish life has always claimed him, and a roguish life probably always will.

History/Bio: James Bonhay was born illegitimately somewhere near the coast of Mossflower, and was immediately taken in by an owl who led a pirate crew around the isles, as a deckhand and cabin-boy. The Owl's name was Hugo Highwinds, and Hugo taught James just about everything he knew, from fighting, to thievery, to command of a ship, to charms, and gentlemanship. James was frequently told as a child to 'never forgo the honour amongst thieves' and 'tip your hat to a lady, boy' when a lady passed him. This sort of behaviour earned James a lot of respect, from both enemies and allies, as he grew up, and earned him a lot of fruitful and loving relationships with the most beautiful ferret girls to ever walk in a town.

Yes, life was good, and it stayed that way, too. No great tragedy ever befell James, nor did any great wrongdoing throw him from his path. Nor did any of this hamper Highwind's trek through his life, either, and Hugo Highwind gradually quieted down his pirating activities, preferring to run things from afar in his twilight years. James found yet another particularly handome woman who was quite taken with him, and him with her, and things pretty much continued as normal up until now.
You want to know my name? My name? My name is not a word that I use anymore; you will never learn it. Instead, you can call me the colour that humans seem to think belongs to magic; you can call me the colour a monarch wears under his cape; you can call me Mauve.

Corvo

A nice slow RP, I should have no problem keeping up then, if you'll have me of course.
Name: Jaro
Species: River Otter
Weapons: None as he lives at the abbey but an axe is the one he has most experience with
Appearance: Average size for an otter, though he is nearing the end of his prime, he is still lean and fit. Jaro has a leather bandage around his arms from the wrist to elbow. Made from sharkskin at Salamandastron they serve as protection and hide the terrible scars along his arms. Jaro wears a simple big dark green tunic with a broad brown belt to keep his tunic in place.
Personality: Jaro is often serious and straight faced, however this is just a disguise to the mischief in him. As curious and as easily entertained as a dibbun, he loves getting into all sorts of fun with the young ones. That side is the part of him that he uses to bury his anger and hatred. With a rage inside him that some used to think was bloodwrath, the male ventured into Mossflower to escape his family and to protect them. It was hard as he had little knowledge in survival but he made it. Now at Redwall he has found that he can be productive and helpful and enjoys helping the creatures that changed his life for the better.

Osu

Welcome aboard, both of you. ;D We're posting as the story needs it, and as the story hasn't really taken off yet, you two are pretty much free to jump in whenever and however you like! There's a vague goal of one post per month, but no pressure.

Regarding the pirate captain, why don't we continue on without one for now -- we can refer to the captain vaguely if we need to, and if it comes to it -- and nobody else wants to take over the role-- I will switch Poppy to ship captain. If anybody has any ideas on that front feel free to toss 'em around.

On the subject of dropping out of the RP, if anybody ever feels like they're just not up for it or whatever reason, let us know what you want the remaining players to do with your characters, such as if you don't want them played by anybody else; or if you can, write your character out of the RP.

Osu

Looks like we slowed down to the point of stopping. And maybe going backward. And so...

Show of hands, all of you who are still interested in playing!

Blazemane

Rainshadow

*Raises both hands*  I love this RP's story line; of course I wanna continue!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

W0NWILL

*Hand is raised* I'm also back. I've been back for a while, as well. Uncross my characters!

Homicidal sociopath...Perrit approves!(or I do. Perrit doesn't choose his crew)

Osu

Excellent, the four of us is more than enough to forge ahead. :D I vote we get our backsides moving over to the sea in the next few posts. I'm going to go ahead and cross off the other players unless they'd like to pop back in, so we're going to need somebody else to locate the riddle. And from there I think it shouldn't take too many posts to get ourselves out of the Abbey... somebody to propose the idea and then everybody else joining the adventure party. I also propose the corsairs start scooting on over to wherever they're going to meet up with the main party.

Any volunteers for the riddle reveal? Otherwise I can wiggle Otto in if necessary.

Rainshadow

Maybe Ash?  She's a traveler, after all; she coulda just found it and brought it back to the abbey, but forgot about it 'cause of the rain and the tea.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Blazemane

Having Ash have the riddle sounds like a really good idea to me.

W0NWILL

Same, and also, when I made the riddle, 'The one who dresses in kelp' was supposed to be an old hermit who guides them. He would live on a different island than the treasure, but would know of the actual island somehow. He might even join the quest. Does anybeast wanna play him?

Osu

#Ash + riddle = agreed! She's in a good position to bring it up, too. Great idea!

#Kelpman = I'll take him if there are no volunteers for the position. c:

Right, so that takes care of the immediate problems. Let's get to it! :D *rolls up sleeves* Also I just realized this thread is officially over a year old now. Here's to sticking to it, guys! *passes out belated-thread-birthday cake*

W0NWILL

And we're keeping to the name! Not even past the first page! Hooray!

Osu

Maybe we can set a new record for longest-running-RP on the forum, haha. Rain, feel free to break out the riddle whenever you're ready! c: