News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Adventures of Aster Tuyo

Started by Shadowed One, April 26, 2013, 03:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowed One

Alright, this is another story I decided to write. It is about a mercenary named Aster Tuyo, and his adventures. Just so you know, I will continue writing The Invaders, I just wanted to make another story as well.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Shadowed One

Prologue
From the Northlands he came,
That warrior bold,
He travelled afar,
His sword of steel cold,
Struck down many a vermin,
His fame was long told.
Excerpt from an epic poem
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

Shadowed One

Chapter 1

Aster Tuyo was an otter. But he was not just any otter, he was an otter mercenary. But no matter how bad that sounds, he lived by his own code of honor. He would never side with a vermin, no matter how much they paid him. Unfortunately, he also preferred to kill vermin, (even if they were unarmed) than let them live. Today, he was trailing several vermin that had escaped him. As he walked he paused to adjust his round wooden shield on his back, and to scan the area. Suddenly, he saw a movement in the bushes. He drew his long saber and slowly began walking towards the bushes.

Shadowed One

Chapter 2

As Aster approached, a knife came flying at him from the bushes. He rolled out of the way, drew a Dirk from his boot, and jumped towards the bushes.
"Hiyareeeee! Die, vermin!" he yelled. He landed on a rat, and after beheading it with his saber, he threw his Dirk into the leg of a ferret who was trying to run away. He ran to it as it collapsed.
"Mercy, I beg of y-aaaahhhh!" it screamed as he cut it's throat. He quickly strode away, away from the site of the attack, away from the Northern Coast. He went south, to a destiny that had been prophesied for him, though he did not know it.

Shadowed One

Chapter 3

Far to the south of the Northlands, the great kingdom of Narine prospered. It was in a desert, and the cities had sprouted up from oasises where water could be found. The kingdom was founded by a great warrior tribe, the Raabarians. They were a group of woodlanders and vermin who had joined together as outcasts, and created a utopian society in the lands south of Southsward.
For many seasons, the kingdom prospered under the rule of Sulinar the Great, a wise and powerful wildcat. But his son, who became king after the death of his father, was poisoned. This allowed Trampke the Terrible to seize the throne. Trampke was a badger Lord who had been banished from Salamandastron for killing several villages full of innocents for no reason other then to practice his battle skills. He ruled Narine with an iron paw, enslaving the vermin and killing any woodlanders who resisted him. He trained an army of his followers to enforce his laws and kill his enemies.
When he finally decided that the kingdom was completely under his control, he began expanding into the fertile green lands to the north. He sent soldiers to slowly take the land of Southsward, just when Aster Tuyo arrived at Castle Floret.

Captain Tammo

Hm, cool idea. I really like the desert-town idea! Will we learn about Aster's past life at all?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Skyblade

Nice :D I've thought Aster is an interesting character

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Shadowed One

Chapter 4

Aster knocked on the front gate of Castle Floret, and it opened to reveal a sentry.
"Who are you, and what are you doing here?" demanded the guard.
"My name is Aster Tuyo. I travelled here from the Northlands, and was wondering if I could stay the night," replied Aster.
"Oh, sure, come right in," said the guard, who swung the door open wide. Aster quickly walked inside. The guard led him through the courtyard and into the keep. They went up several flights of stairs, and eventually arrived in the throne room. The guard knelt before the throne, on which sat an old, fat squirrel.
"My lord, this otter is Aster Tuyo. He wished to stay the night here," said the guard.
"He is an otter. Otters are goodbeasts, and he may stay as long as he wishes," proclaimed the king. The guard then led Aster to his room, where he collapsed wearily on the bed and went to sleep.