News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Sherlock (BBC show)

Started by PrimroseWarrior, May 16, 2013, 06:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

I'm glad I'm not going to see 15 1 painted on my wall.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Søren

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on February 14, 2015, 03:04:41 AM
I'm glad I'm not going to see 15 1 painted on my wall.
Oh, someone made it to episode 2.

I'm retired from the forum

Edraithel

"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Banya

I started this show in January and have taken it slowly.  I just watched the final episode of season 3 last night early this morning (and it was awful; honestly, I could hardly stand it).  I love the show, but its attempts to create cliffhangers and increase suspense don't work for me.  In addition, Sherlock is not a high-functioning sociopath.  In the first episode, he was a low-functioning sociopath at best, and as the show has gone on, it's become clear that he's really just an antisocial, extraordinarily perceptive, but otherwise completely regular person with a strong stomach for the macabre.  Mycroft is my favourite character; he's extraordinary.  Mary is a close second; she's perfect.  The show's version of Moriarty, too, is wonderful.
I re-watched the Guy Ritchie films last week, as he's my favourite film director.  I don't care for RBJ, but the films further support why Guy Ritchie is called the "Michelangelo of fight scenes."  (Really, he is.)
I'd love to discuss the show and movies with other fans.

Jetthebinturong

My introduction to Sherlock the TV show was Scandal in Belgravia so I decided I didn't like the show from that episode. I have since seen The Reichenbach Fall, The Hounds of Baskerville and A Study in Pink, I do actually like the show and intend to watch all of it though apparently season 3 is pretty bad. I have, however, always been a fan of the RDJ and Jeremy Brett films and I've got an omnibus of the complete collection of books that I plan on reading.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Gonff the Mousethief

This is by far my favorite shiw. Me and my history teacher talk about it. Yeah, it has some kinks, but it is still really thought out and keeps you watching. Many don't like season three, but I loved it, just because of the Sign of Three. It was by far my favorite, for so many reasons.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Mask

I don't really get why people don't like series 3. Is it the storylines? Magnusson?
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Søren

Yeah, why don't you guys like 3?

Gonff the Mousethief

The Whole Mary plot line was brilliant. Shocking, yet so sweet how John handled it.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Søren

Yeah, it was. This show is absolutly in my Top-5.

Gonff the Mousethief

Favorite line in that season was when they were both drunk and Sherlock was past out one the floor and John said, "He's Clueing for Looks" and the lady was so confused.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Søren

"...don't contaminate the crime scene!" *pukes* ;D

The Mask

"The game is...something."
"On!"
"Yes that's it!"
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Banya

To answer Gonff and Mask, I don't like season 3 because of the style of the show.  I love the very first episode (not the pilot, but the full-length one) because I enjoyed seeing words on the screen that showed me what Sherlock was seeing as he examined bodies and evidence.  It was a detective story.  The style of season 3 is montage, in which one scene is dragged on and on while other scenes are introduced that explain it or link to it, which occurred on the train carriage, during the wedding, and when Sherlock was shot - at least once in each episode.  I can stand this new style, but I can't stand losing confidence in Sherlock.
Season 3, Episode 3
The final episode of season 3 was terrible.  Sherlock seems to be slowing down, which is probably the greatest reason I like Mycroft so much.  Sherlock wasn't able to get ahead of Magnusson, and I hated him so much.  (I don't know if it's the same in the U.K., but in the U.S. licking a woman's face against her will is assault and is criminal, and his many other actions show how incredibly rude he is.  I have so many words for his character and people like him.)  In the end, Sherlock couldn't beat him, so he shot him.  I applaud Sherlock for this, but Sherlock has always had the protection of his brother and the protection of the police's need for his abilities, and he could have gotten away shooting Magnusson much earlier in the episode, making Magnusson a small part of a much larger story.  Mary's story threw me at first - I didn't like it - but her and John reconciling was so well done that I can accept anything from her, and she's simply perfect for the role.  As for the end of the episode: I was kind of glad he's back.  He's likable, and he's a villain worthy of Sherlock.
[close]
[/font]

Gonff the Mousethief

I see where you are coming from. The directors said however that Sherlock isn't as brilliant as he normally is when he is emotional, so they whole coming back and Mary with John, then Mary's identity threw him off, so next season, since he is back,  Sherlock will have to be on his A-game once again.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.