News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Fwirl vs Song!

Started by Leatho Shellhound, May 17, 2013, 10:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's your favorite?

Fwirl
19 (54.3%)
Songbreeze
16 (45.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Mask

Oi dearly luve mizz Fwirl so oi tipped the scale over teh hurr
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Wylder Treejumper

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Russa Nodrey

I'm rereading Malrfox, and Song seems pretty mary-sue-ish. I think I like Fwirl better.
Freddy

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Russa Nodrey on June 04, 2014, 02:22:06 PM
I'm rereading Malrfox, and Song seems pretty mary-sue-ish. I think I like Fwirl better.

How can you say that? HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!? She's noty Mary-Sueish! Are you kidding me?

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Cornflower MM on June 08, 2014, 07:14:34 PM
Quote from: Russa Nodrey on June 04, 2014, 02:22:06 PM

How can you say that? HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!? She's noty Mary-Sueish! Are you kidding me?
Her opinion remember....

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Russa Nodrey

It's not like I hate her or anything, she just seemed a bit mary-sue-ish.
Freddy

Wylder Treejumper

How can you like Fwirl better than Song? SONG WAS AWESOME!!!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Russa Nodrey on June 11, 2014, 06:09:21 PM
It's not like I hate her or anything, she just seemed a bit mary-sue-ish.

Explain yourself miscreant! I'll be having no such talk going around about me fair lady!  ;D  ;)

In all seriousness though, in what way do you find Songbreeze a Mary-Sue? She was a well-rounded character that was fun to observe (as completely un-related to Mary-Sueness as that is). She wasn't perfect, her fighting skills seemed somewhat lax, though her social skills were certainly fairly good.... Wait! I figured it out! Anybeast who has a really good singing voice is a Mary-Sue!  :o

Quick question, is Mary-Sue supposed to have a hyphen in it? I just tend to hyphenate certain word combinations.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Russa Nodrey

First of all, I am not a miscreant. ;D
Second of all, it may just be me but she seems a bit too perfect. It's probably just me though.
Freddy

Leatho Shellhound

I think I need to re-read Marlfox before I put my foot down whether she was or wasn't "perfect". But I think for now I'm going with Dan's (Or the flower's) point of view.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on June 14, 2014, 04:57:26 AM
I think I need to re-read Marlfox before I put my foot down whether she was or wasn't "perfect". But I think for now I'm going with Dan's (Or the flower's) point of view.

The flower? Oh, haha. ::) Nice joke. Dan's most definetely NOT a flower. Flowers are more delicate.....

Quote from: Russa Nodrey on June 14, 2014, 12:07:50 AM
First of all, I am not a miscreant. ;D
Second of all, it may just be me but she seems a bit too perfect. It's probably just me though.

No, it's sadly not just you.......As Dan pointed out, her fighting skills are......(Let's be polite, shall we) Not the best. Dan, I think you might have struck on something there! Rose of Noonvale's considered to be a Marysue, too! They both have wonderful singing voices....THAT'S IT!

Wylder Treejumper

I guess in Redwall, that's what qualifies you to be a sue!

Excepting Triss and Mariel, of course...
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Dannflower Reguba

Personally, I don't think Triss did enough to be counted a sue (I can see what the arguments would be though), but I totally agree with you on Mariel.