News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Redwaller, June 02, 2013, 08:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Soooo... I got Elder Scrolls Online today...

I LOVE IT.

Mainly because my brother got it as well and now I can wow him with all the lore I know about Tamriel while we blast through all the quests, but I also really like the game itself.  Yes, it's a bit different then Skyrim in how it's played, but thankfully I've played other MMOs before, so I'm pretty familiar with how the controls work.  Plus the fact that Dragon Age (at least, the combat in DA) is rather similar to an MMO, so I know how to use all the battle quickslots and level up stuff and such.

So, yeah, if anyone else has ESO and ever wants to play with me, I have a level 5 Argonian Dragonknight named Raveera (or it might be Raveena... one of the two), or I could create a new character.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Rainshadow on August 03, 2015, 05:46:28 AM
  Soooo... I got Elder Scrolls Online today...

I LOVE IT.

Mainly because my brother got it as well and now I can wow him with all the lore I know about Tamriel while we blast through all the quests, but I also really like the game itself.  Yes, it's a bit different then Skyrim in how it's played, but thankfully I've played other MMOs before, so I'm pretty familiar with how the controls work.  Plus the fact that Dragon Age (at least, the combat in DA) is rather similar to an MMO, so I know how to use all the battle quickslots and level up stuff and such.

So, yeah, if anyone else has ESO and ever wants to play with me, I have a level 5 Argonian Dragonknight named Raveera (or it might be Raveena... one of the two), or I could create a new character.

I may get ESO in November, it looks interesting.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Gonff the Mousethief

Yes Rain! I love ESO, especially since it looks so good and you can explore more than just one part of it. Very, very fun.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

CaptainRocktree

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on August 03, 2015, 08:43:14 PM
Yes Rain! I love ESO, especially since it looks so good and you can explore more than just one part of it. Very, very fun.
Hmm, I'm either gonna get this game or Destiny..  :P.
Most of everyone I know play destiny, So I really don't know anyone that plays Skyrim. But I dont know..  :-\
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

Destiny is a money vampire. They released the game before it was even finished so that they could add more DLC content (to make more money of course). It's dishonest and it's a game I refuse to support.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

CaptainRocktree

Thats a pretty strong statement, Have you played the game before? To me its really fun  :P.
J.R.R Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

I haven't played the game, it looks fun but I refuse to play it due to the business strategy.

CaptainRocktree

Erm, Thats a pretty harsh view... Anyways not my place to say. As for me I'm probably going to get both.
J.R.R Tolkien

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on August 04, 2015, 02:10:40 AM
Erm, Thats a pretty harsh view... Anyways not my place to say. As for me I'm probably going to get both.

Destiny is supposed to be pretty bad.......
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Delthion

What is your favorite species? I think mine might be the Redguard...
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jetthebinturong

Argonian, which I find odd. I was expecting it to be khajiit but I don't like the model.

Lady Ashenwyte

Khajit. Cool cat people appeal to me.

Gonff the Mousethief

Khajiit all the way! Oh, and Rock, if you are going to get ESO, the console versions run better that on a PC for me (Mine isn't really meant for gaming).
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

CaptainRocktree

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on August 04, 2015, 04:41:27 AM
Khajiit all the way! Oh, and Rock, if you are going to get ESO, the console versions run better that on a PC for me (Mine isn't really meant for gaming).
Well, I am probably going to split the cost and buy and xBox One with my brother, Does Skyrim run on there as well  ;D? ESO is Elder Scrolls Online right?
J.R.R Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

That is what me and my little brother did. If you can find a pre-owned refurbished, it will cost much less. You will need Xbox Live Gold, and you can get free games and such from that as well. As fro Skyrim, it Might be on the Store, but Microsoft will setting up backwards compatibility with games this Fall, so you may be able to play it when that comes out. And yes, ESO stands for Elder Scrolls Online, though the new one, ESO: Tamriel Unlimited, it the newer fixed version of it which is much better than what released a year ago.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.