News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

something of deep interest to this forum

Started by Ferrousferret, June 29, 2013, 04:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferrousferret

I'll just let you guys explore a bit & see for yourselves. Once you get it, you'll freak!
www.SMGO.tv

Ferrousferret

*sigh*

OK, I'd better say something before this topic gets buried. This is a link to a new film financing company that wants to work as the fans' voice in order to work towards an agreement to get cult shows re-syndicated in one way or another, a la the way the recent Veronica Mars movie was financed. They take suggestions & put it to a fan vote so they can take a petition before the studio(s) in question to approach some kind of a deal where fans can help finance a revamp.

Now, is anyone interested?

PS- Auto Correct sucks...

phoenixfoden

Buzz_Bumble

Unfortunately I doubt it will achieve much. The reason networks cancel shows is due to not having "enough" viewers, which means there also aren't going to be enough viewers to donate enough money to keep it going (unless you want to pay $1000+ per episode each).

Lutra

Social media and fan petitions are a lousy way to convince a company to continue a show they were losing money on.  You make a real difference by going in person to discuss changes (along with an influx of capital).
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Ferrousferret

They do have backup plans. Depending on how much funding they can get, the plan is either a movie, mini-series or continuation of the show itself. Plus, it isn't entirely fan funded- the fan funding is supposed to make up the difference for whatever the studio is willing to shell out.

I don't know if it'll work out either- so far they've only made it to the petition phase on one show as of yet- but I figured it was worth a try.  I mean, this is kind of what we've been waiting for, isn't it? This forum is. Slightly more active than the fan forum for the show that did reach the petition phase- and an animated series would be less money to produce than a live action one.

At the least, we'd be getting ourselves a bit of publicity?

Tam and Martin

Sounds interesting. Are you thinking of doing this for a Redwall video?

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ferrousferret

My idea was to get a good handful of people on here to sign up on their site & suggest Redwall for a revamp so we can get the ball rolling in our favor. Obviously, though, I do think the show would need much better plotters/ writers to get the show to stand up on it's own in this day & age.

I don't think animation's a problem. Computer animation has taken massive leaps & bounds in the last 10-15 years. There's no excuse for it being in as bad condition now as it was then.

I admit I did approach them to find out what their plans are should they get the go ahead to move into pre-production in any given show & did make myself available as a possible writer should they be looking for one. That being said, though, that was only yesterday & I have no clue how exactly they plan on doing these things, or if there's even the remotest chance of myself or others being involved. I assume they wouldn't be doing it all themselves as they profess to just be two guys, but no specifics on that front as of yet.

Osu

Moving this to Cavern Hole. Carry on, you chaps!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: Lutra on June 29, 2013, 01:24:55 PM
You make a real difference by going in person to discuss changes (along with an influx of capital).

I forget which one, but one show was "saved" by the fans sending piles of nuts to the studio.  ::)
The studio probably would have preferred piles of cash.  ;)

phoenixfoden

Buzz_Bumble

A quick Google search reminds me that it was the TV series Jericho saved (temporarily) by fans sending in bags of nuts.

Apparently there have been other similar attempts:
Maybe we should send piles of red bricks to an animation company.  ;)

Ferrousferret

I strongly suggest working with the site, until & unless they turn out to be fraudulent/ scammers.

Step 1) Sign up for the aforementioned site & suggest Redwall to be a revamped series.

Step 2) Vote on said series to get to the petition phase.

Further steps to be applied if we make it that far.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aye, an' ye 'ave tae vonder, vot vould Brian Jacques zink aboot aw ziz?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.