News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Stormford: a Redwall short story

Started by AnnaofRedwall, July 19, 2013, 10:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnaofRedwall

this is a short story about Orlanda's journey from Stormford to when she meets Holly and Corin. It is a follow-up of "Child of Snow". Feedback topic is here: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=4431.msg210342#msg210342

Prologue

Excerpt from the writings of Lord Duthac Firestripe: The Spring of the Wild Winds started yesterday, according to my letter from my sister Alyss, who is the Badgermother at Redwall Abbey. She says they had a magnificent feast.
A few days ago, I was cleaning out a secret room I discovered attached to my bedchamber. Inside were thousand of old scrolls and tomes, stories of past rulers of Salamandastron. Once I knew what the room contained, I searched in earnest for the writings of one particular Ruler. The story of my great grandmother, Lady Orlanda Scythstripe. After many hours of searching, I have found it. It is a gigantic book with a royal blue, silk cover. A strange crest adorns the silk, the silver outline of a circle, in which are to things, a lightning bolt and a badger's head. On the edges of the Circle are these words: Stormford Island. The book is titled My Story, The Diary of Lady Orlanda Scythstripe.  This tome lies on my desktop beside my journal, almost begging me to read it, so I will now set down my quill and take up the tale.

Chapter One

The 17th day of December of the Year of the Mouse
My name is Princess Stella Orlanda Scythstripe, only daughter of King Angus XVII and his wife, Queen Felicia of Stormford. I am seventeen seasons old. Today, the Black Cloud, the corsair ship of my father's greatest enemy was spotted off the far west coast... the guards are nervous.
Orlanda dipped her quill in the ink again, about to continue writing, when her bedroom d
I hate it when a package says 'easy open' and you need a scissors, a knife, a crowbar, a gun, and a light-saber to open it.