News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Should I post...? (PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS!)

Started by Romsca, July 28, 2013, 08:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romsca

I want to post my story about Romsca here, but I'm not sure. I don't want people to steal it, and I'm working REALLY HARD to make this as HIGH QUALITY as POSSIBLE. Also, I just feel like people wouldn't read it. :'( :P I have written just over 3,000 words (1 1/2 chapters, only a small percentage of the whole story). I guess I just really want to post it, but I'm not sure how well it will be received. I'm afraid that people will view it as cheap, being a fanfic and all. Any tips, ideas, or comments?

Tam and Martin

If this is any help then I will read it. I read most fanfics but I usaully don't comment on any of them. As for people steling your work, are you meaning they will use some of the same concepts of your story?

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Sailears

That's a tough one. On one hand you need to share it because what good is a fanfic if nobody reads it, and on the other hand its very easy for someone to "steal" your work.
I'm sorry, I don't know anything about protecting fan made creations, other than maybe only PMing it to members of your choice, or creating a private group on some website for it.

You could stick some watermark on it and save it as a read only pdf and upload it somewhere? Dunno if that's worth it.
My ears, how are you, wot!

Romsca

It might not be worth it. I've written more than one chapter, but I'll just post the first chapter and see what happens. NOTE: The story does not start with Romsca. It starts with her mother, Siobhan

Captain Tammo

It's scary posting a fanfic! i just posted one myself and have been trying hard not to check back on it every five minutes to see if anyone's said something! It takes real courage to put your work out there, i say GO FOR IT! we'll support you :)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

SandyB

Of course you should post it. Look, I had the same concerns when I wrote "The Outlander". But on the whole it was quite well received and quite a few people are asking, "Sequel?" (Which is coming, I'm just trying to link all the events together)

I'm not really that concerned about plagiarism, but I can understand your stance on it. Besides, how are you gonna know if you don't post it.
Problems in life are never resolved by distancing yourself from them. Escape is never the safest plan nor the safest place.

Romsca

Thank you for your support! ;D

Quote from: Captain Tammo on August 03, 2013, 12:54:49 AM
i just posted one myself and have been trying hard not to check back on it every five minutes to see if anyone's said something!

Same thing I did the first day I posted mine! :P

Gnoflet

I never thought someone might steal my book if I post it. Its a scary thought. But I say go right ahead. 
Shut him up or shut him down.
Normal is just a setting on your dryer.

Faiyloe

For me its not the actual posting that's the hard part its the writing that's got me stumped.  :P
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Blaggut

There is tons of fics out there, so no-one is gonna view it as. Cheap, unless the writing is cheap. Also,NO offense but... Being all those facs I don't think anyones gonna see it as worth stealing. And just to show you how not alone you are in ROC fanfictioning world, there's people who parody redwall, yes, they do. I recently read sumthin where redwall characters go to Disneyland and survive, (Spoiler) Brian and Walt Disney had a fight!
~Just a soft space boi~

Romsca

Quote from: Blaggut on September 06, 2013, 07:10:08 PM
I recently read sumthin where redwall characters go to Disneyland and survive, (Spoiler) Brian and Walt Disney had a fight!

LOL!

Thanks guys for the support! Do you think I should post the fourth chapter?

Blaggut

Yesh. Also to read that look up redwall fan fiction and go on fan fiction.net or sum thin and type "a vacation gone horribly, horrible wrong.
~Just a soft space boi~

Redwaller

Of course you should post! I myself try to read fanfics when I've got the time(Which I don't have that much).

Gnoflet

Shut him up or shut him down.
Normal is just a setting on your dryer.

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior