News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

LEAST favorite "good" race

Started by Blaggut, August 22, 2013, 07:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your LEAST favorite "good" race?

Otter
3 (4.1%)
Hare
6 (8.1%)
Squirrel
4 (5.4%)
Mice
8 (10.8%)
Mole
10 (13.5%)
Hedgehog
19 (25.7%)
Shrew
16 (21.6%)
Badger
8 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 74

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Ah. I never know what that means...
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Eulaliaaa!

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on September 18, 2015, 04:38:23 PM
Well Banya I suppose we must agree to disagree. But none the less, I always liked Jukka's tribe, they seemed driven by honor but they really didn't want to help out. They were their own creatures and seemed more like a neutral force rather then a. "Oh Aye creatures be in trouble lets rush to help them in a battle that might kill half of us!" Type characters that all otters and badgers seem to be.

Finally, someone who views Jukka's tribe the way I do! I liked her and her tribe, they seemed more realistic. Most creatures (shrews/otters/hares/etc.) are always willing to rush into battle only to help the other creatures. I'm not saying that's bad, it's a kind thing to do, but it's nice to see a tribe that thinks more about their own lives rather than the lives of creatures they've never met. If I were Jukka, I would've done the same thing rather than rush my tribe head on into a fight I doubted we would win for some creatures I didn't even know without a single question about it.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Wylder Treejumper

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but if I saw someone I could basically assume to be good (woodlanders) getting attacked by someone I could guarantee to be evil (vermin) I'd go jump in the fight, even if it was at a danger to myself.

Then again, maybe that's just my military training and paladin side speaking. Otherbeasts might not feel the same way...?
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

Well you got to remember they did still help Fleetcut against his pursuers when he ran into their pine grove.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Skyblade

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Hickory

Fat, lazy, can't fight. (totally biased here though)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Skyblade

Which hedgehogs were like that? I can't remember.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Hickory

Ferdy and Coggs. They were pretty fat and lazy.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Banya

Ferdy and Coggs were barely more than babies, and if they'd grown up in Redwall, they'd have been Dibbuns.  Babies tend to be rather fat and useless, but still, Ferdy and Coggs were important to the story. 
(Of course, Martin and Gonff could have easily rescued Gingivere and Ferdy and Coggs could not have been captured, but what fun would that have been?  Besides, that would have eliminated much of the need for the Mask.)
Some hedgehogs are fat and useless (Uggo, Twoggs, and Drogbuk Wiltud, to name just a few), but I have to defend Ferdy and Coggs.  Most hedgehogs at least contribute to the story, whether by Cellarhogs' contributions to solving the obligatory Redwall riddle or rogue hedgehogs helping or hindering the protagonists along their quest.

I like it when hedgehogs are given fighting roles (they frequently use clubs, slings, and other blunt weapons), and I wish they could have been given more roles like those.  A couple of my favourite hedgehogs are Tansy (whose name I almost took for my username) and Hillgorse from Martin the Warrior, without whom many slaves from the first wave of escapees would not have made it out of Marshank.

Jewel Thief

My least favorite species were voles, seeing as almost all of them we got to know were either murderers, cowards or just plain old jerks.
Seeing as they're not on the list, though, I'd have to go shrews... I enjoy the buggers, but their obsession with "KILL ALL VARMIN! TH' ONLY GOOD 'UN'S A DEAD 'UN!" in the later books kinda made me... hate them as good guys.
Hey Jewel thief where do you get, all those silver pistols?
Hey Jewel thief where do you get, all those arrowheads?

Rosey

Definately Moles.... They rarely preform any kind of good service other than eating and digging.. (not talking about Grumm here lol)
Rosey -
Ever tried Redwall nutbread???  If not PM me... It will change your morning life :)

The Skarzs

Aw. . . But what about Axtel Sturnclaw? I think the moles were awesome, even if they couldn't be understood all the time.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rosey

Quote from: The Skarzs on January 14, 2016, 06:03:49 PM
Aw. . . But what about Axtel Sturnclaw? I think the moles were awesome, even if they couldn't be understood all the time.

There are a lot of good ones... but seriously - compared to the other animals...... there's just no way - It was a toss up between the moles and the hedgehogs - but the hedgehogs are good cooks so :P yea
Rosey -
Ever tried Redwall nutbread???  If not PM me... It will change your morning life :)