News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Fruits Basket

Started by Tiria Wildlough, November 19, 2013, 03:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

Anyone here heard of Fruits Basket? I discovered it recently (well, not so recently now), and I really like it.
So, anyone...?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Jukka the Sling

I never heard of it. What is it? ;D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Tiria Wildlough

It's a manga series and also an anime.
I'm not a hipster.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on November 19, 2013, 03:52:20 AM
It's a manga series and also an anime.
Um, sorry if I sound stupid, but what is it again?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Lily

I loved this series when I was in high school. I even made myself a bracelet like Kyo's, you know the black and white beaded one?

I'm mainly a fan of the anime, but I have a few volumes of the manga in Japanese somewhere back in Australia. Which do you like, Tiria?

And for those of you who are interested but don't know what it is... wikipedia is your friend. ;)

Tiria Wildlough

I prefer the manga, because that's what I started with, but I would like to watch the anime. Who's your favourite character?
I'm not a hipster.

Dawnwing

I've read the manga twice and seen the anime once.  :D   I actually own a couple volumes - my library's copies were getting beat up so they replaced them and sold the discarded ones for 50 cents each.
I think my favorite character is Shigure.

KitrallStreamrippler

Hi. I've seen most of it, but haven't read any of the manga. Who's your favorite character, Tiria?
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Tiria Wildlough

Haha, I really like the Mabudachi trio (I have to say my favourite is Ayame ;D). And Tohru, of course, because who doesn't like the main character? I also like Kyo as well, but he's not my favourite, like all those fangirls out there... :P
I'm not a hipster.

Lily

Ha, I'd forgotten about Ayame! I also really like the Mabudachi trio, though it's hard to pick a favourite. I actually started watching the series again and I'm up to episode 8. I haven't watched it for over ten years, so it's like watching it for the first time all over again. So good. I might see if I can find the manga at a second hand book store somewhere, I never actually read it all the way to the end and now I want to.

Dawnwing

Quote from: Lily on December 02, 2013, 01:27:49 AM
Ha, I'd forgotten about Ayame! I also really like the Mabudachi trio, though it's hard to pick a favourite. I actually started watching the series again and I'm up to episode 8. I haven't watched it for over ten years, so it's like watching it for the first time all over again. So good. I might see if I can find the manga at a second hand book store somewhere, I never actually read it all the way to the end and now I want to.

You could always try an inter-library loan, too!  The TV series only goes up till about volume 8.  You don't get to meet half the Zodiac and you don't get too see how the whole thing gets resolved.

Tiria Wildlough

Oh yeah. I just read the end and I was like 'WAAAAAAA SO SENTIMENTAL'.  :D Ahaha...

the end of the manga
The part that got me was when all their curses were broken and they just stood there crying from happiness... :'D
[close]
I'm not a hipster.

Lily

Quote from: Dawnwing on December 02, 2013, 02:59:46 AM
Quote from: Lily on December 02, 2013, 01:27:49 AM

You could always try an inter-library loan, too!  The TV series only goes up till about volume 8.  You don't get to meet half the Zodiac and you don't get too see how the whole thing gets resolved.
Exactly! I know what happens in the end because I flipped through my friend's manga, but I want to actually read it all now. My town doesn't have a library, but I can probably get the books for about 100 yen each at a second hand book store.