News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Bryony And Bryant - A Tale From Redwall.

Started by Cornflower MM, December 17, 2013, 08:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Author's Note: This is NOT a fanfic about the mousemaid Bryony. This was inspired by my character Bryony in the RP Hidden Within The Walls. I owe this idea to Jukka the Sling, one of my best friends here. This will go slowly.

Bryony And Bryant.

Prologue.
                                                              (No prologue at present)
                                                              Book 1, An Escape From Riftgard. Chapter One.

Oh, it was so cold! So, so cold.....Why did Bryony want to escape from Riftgard now? Couldn't she have waited until Spring? Well, at least Riggan had died three winters back,  so they didn't have to worry about THAT. Bryant thought. Wait! There was her signal; It was alright to dash across the courtyard. When he made it to the other side, Bryony hugged him. "I knew you could do it! The only reason it took so long was because I had to- Bryant, help!!!!" Bryony was grabbed by a patrolling guard! Bryant didn't waste a second. He leaped at the guard, tugging him off her. The fight was brief. Bryant noticed Bryony avoiding the guard with her eyes, and he couldn't blame her; No one likes to look at dead beasts. Now, the gates. This bit was EASY!! When they got out of the gates, they both looked at each other and laughed. Every other beast was inside, so there was no fear of being discovered. All they had to do now was avoid the rogue vermin band that was reported roaming the hills, and choose to stay on Riftgard OR leave the Island forever. Or try a jailbreak for the other slaves. But first they had to find a place to lay low for a while. "Why don't we go look in the hills? There might be cave!" Bryant suggested, looking at his sister. "Alright! Let's go." With that decided, they set off.

Cornflower MM

Chap. 2

Bryony glanced at her younger brother. He seemed to be holding up alright. She knew he didn't understand why she wanted to escape in Winter, but ever since their parents died and she made them a promise Bryant didn't know about, She felt even more responsible than ever. A few of reasons were the fact that who in their right mind would be out in this weather? And besides, it was dawn. They wouldn't be noticed for awhile. And her decoys might, just might fool them. Well, if you want to call some of their clothes with stuff where their head would be decoys. Well, they were out now, they just had to stay that way. She squinted, "Hey Bryant?" "Yes?" "Is that a cave? In the side of the hill? Or am I just imagining things?" "That's a cave, alright. What do you think?" "It seems far enough away; Let's try it!" With that, the two squirrels set off, finding a apple tree near the cave. It was  in a sort of glade, the cave, and it was hard to see it unless you came from the direction they did. Unfortunately, that would be where their enemies were coming from. It was nice and roomy in the cave, and ark, but it was dry. They had a snack, then crawled in the cave and fell asleep. Bryant woke up and stretched.
"OW! What did you kick me in the face for, you beetle brain?"
"Sorry, Bryony."
"You'd better be."
Bryant decided to go and get break fast ready and let Bryony wake up some more. She wasn't the type who jumped up in the morning and run around. He crawled out, and stared.
"Whoa....Bryony, you might want to see this."
Her response? A snore. He sighed, thinking he might as well go ahead and explore. He started off into the beautiful valley, walking past all the wonderful fruit-and-veggie bearing plants.

Cornflower MM

ATTENTION!!! Sorry, everyone! I have that beetle brained writer's block! It'll be awhile! Sorry! EDIT: NEVER MIND! I AM WRITING THIS THING AGAIN!

Cornflower MM

Chap. 3

Bryony woke up, and freaked. "Bryant? BRYANT!" She called, scrambling out of the cave.
"Yes?" Bryant asked, coming around a tree, holding his shirtfull of fruits and vegetables.
"Nothing...I just wanted to know where you were. Where did you find all that stuff?
"Look around, Bryony." Bryant replied, sitting down near a flat rot rock and starting to unload his shirt so he could put it back on. Bryony walked over and sat across from him, and started helping. "Wow. This looks delicious." She remarked, selecting an apple.
After an half an hour had passed, they were both sitting back, enjoying for the first a full stomach. "So what do we do now?" Bryant asked finally, and Bryony shrugged. "I dunno." She said, then smiled and said, "Whatever we want to, I guess."
"How about exploring?" Bryant asked, getting and going to his sister and tugging on her arm. "Pleeeeeaaaaaase?" He begged, and Bryony laughed, "Oh, alright! Come on."
So, off they went, occasionally saying, "Oh, look at that tree!" or "Hey, these berries are really tasty!" until they came to a river, and they looked at each other and grinned. They rushed in and started splashing each other and in general just horsing (Or rather, squirreling) around.
After a few hours of this, they came out, panting and smiling, and gathered some fruit, and had a very nice lunch. Bryony noticed Bryant yawning from her half-closed eyelids.
"Don't yawn." she sleepily admonished, to which Bryant just grinned, seeing as her eyelids had drooped all the way shut......
A few hours later, both Bryony and Bryant woke, refreshed, from their nap. Bryony stretched, and looked at the sun. "Oh, dear. Just how long have we slept?" She wondered, then shrugged. It didn't matter.