The Story Of Lady Sable Brock.[A tale of redwall]

Started by doogy plum, December 20, 2013, 12:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doogy plum

I am going to start a book on Lady Sable Brock and you guys can add more chapters.

Prologue
Liths the black was an evil black fox. Brock the badger climbed up a tree as a horde of foxes swept past her. Her parents were trapped in the middle of the horde. They were armed to the teeth but so were the foxes. The two old badgers died. But before they died they yelled over the mêlée to brock"go and find a home" the sun was hot but not as hot as the red eyes of the future "lady sable brock."

Ch. 1

it was a hot summer day at brockhall Brock was in her room weeping. She was just a little badger maid she didn't know what to do. Then she heard a noise, quiet at first but getting louder then she heard voices, they said "is that a jolly old door I see wot wot" " well what did you think it was Luglug" "what did you jolly well just say?" "STOP RIGHT KNOW!"  said brock. "first of all what wre you hares doing in mossflower  I thought hares lived on the other side of mossflower on the coast and the north mountains.  And why can't you leave a badgermaid alone."  "My name is harry doncha know I'ma hare from salamandastron wot wot. We have been searching for a badger."  "I think your just the type wot wot" Brock decided they were ok so she set off with them to salamandastron.

doogy plum

could someone please post i'm sick of waiting..............

Jukka the Sling

Maybe you can add to the topic title that this is a pass-along fan fiction. ;) Otherwise people might not know they can add chapters.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jukka the Sling

But in the meantime, I think I'll write the second chapter. :)

Chapter Two

As the afternoon sun shone down upon her, Brock continued to travel with the two hares. She liked their jovial manner - it cheered her up after the loneliness she'd endured for the last few weeks. But then she wondered what the hares had chosen her for; after all, she was only eleven seasons old.

"Harry?"

"Hmm?"

"Why exactly are we going to Salamandastron?"

Harry twiddled his ears and indicated the other hare walking beside him. "You can ask Paisley 'bout that, she knows more'n I do, wot!"

Brock looked up at the pretty haremaid. "Miss Paisley, what am I supposed to do at Salamandastron?"

"Just call me Paisley, wot! Ahem. Y'see, our Badger Lord, Ceteruler, had a vision."

"A vision?" Brock echoed.

"Aye. Badger Lord types are always having bally visions and things of that sort! Anyway, he saw that one day a young badgermaid would rule in his stead. So he sent Harry and me to find a badgermaid, wot!" Paisley said cheerfully.

Brock's eyes grew wide. "Me, ruler of Salamandastron! No, I'm afraid you've got the wrong badger. I know nothing about being a ruler."

Harry patted her shoulder. "Don't fret your stripes, young Brock! Lord Ceteruler will jolly well teach you everythin' you need to know!"

Brock sighed and continued walking with her new friends.

~~~~~~

The sun's dying rays tinged the sky a light pink as Brock and the two hares settled down for the night. They lit a fire and cooked some of their provisions. The young badgermaid's thoughts wandered. She thought of her parents, killed a few weeks before by a horde of foxes. Brock began to weep silently. Gritting her teeth she vowed that somehow she'd have revenge, no matter the cost.

Supper was soon over, so she lay down and tried to get some rest.

~~~~~~
In the middle of the night she was awakened by a shout from Harry. Figures dashed about in the darkness. Brock sat up and rubbed her eyes, trying to make out what was happening. Then Paisley grabbed her paw.

"Painted Ones! They've got Harry!"

Then the haremaid was clubbed over the head by a Painted One and fell unconscious. Brock stood uncertainly, unsure whether to run or fight, as the rats closed in on her...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Skyblade

We can add on? That's a creative idea, I like it alot :)

Brock stood, consumed in terror as the rats formed a tight circle around her.

"Stripedog, we do this easy way or hard way. You be slave or you be dead," said the leader, a tall and thin rat with multicolored stripes of paint on his face, odd and ragged looking clothing, and a formidable-looking, huge bone club. "See this bone, come form big stripedog. So what be your choice?"

"Let my friends go," Brock growled, her hard voice betraying the fear in her eyes.

The leader nodded to the closest rat to Brock. Before she could register what was going on, she felt something hard whack the back of her head and she fell, unconscious.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Captain Tammo

Though I am not one to do these pass alongs, they're a ton of fun to read so please keep it up! :)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior