News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Return of Ashleg

Started by Unimaginative, December 20, 2013, 01:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unimaginative

So, Ashleg. The Pine Martin from Mossflower. After re-reading the book, I realized he'd survived, so I decided to write a Fan-Fic about it. Also, I'm using age as the season-year fashion.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                    Prologue
    Ashleg strolled ahead of the vermin that followed him. After abandoning Tsarmina, and her thousand-eyes army, he had fled to the North Lands, where he assembled an army of vermin. He planned to use the mass of creatures that followed him to take back Mossflower. He knew Kotir was gone. Travelers coming from the South had told him this while being tortured. But they had also told him of the Abbey which was being built near the lake where Kotir had been. And the Abbey was what he planned to take over. Of course, Ashleg would have to let it be finished. Which it would be, under his watchful eye.
    Smiling happily at the image in his eye, he called over his scout captain and two scouts. "Run ahead," he said to the captain, an Ermine named Rottenear. "Tell me if there's any enemies, or any place to rest. I'm tired of walking." Rottenear nodded for an answer, and quickly set off, followed by the scouts, Viciousfang and Spliternose.
    Ashleg leaned against his staff, a recent acquisition, which made walking distances on his wooden leg much easier. He was currently debating attaching a dagger to the top of his staff, turning it into a deadly staff-sword. He knew that he wouldn't be able to use his dagger very well with the staff, and would be very slow without the staff. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a rope, and attached the dagger to the staff.
He would enjoy testing it on the next creature to irritate him.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Glandis Yus dived after the small toy cart, catching it just before it rolled into the pond. "You be more careful! I didn't make this just so you could lose it in the pond!" she scolded at the dibbun, a small squirrel-babe named Kwerun, who was about 4 seasons old.
      "Sorry, Sister Glandis" he said ruefully. Glandis didn't let her guard down for a moment, sure the dibbun was acting. He had used this particular skill in the past to avoid trouble, but the adults of Redwall had figured him out.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Blaggut

~Just a soft space boi~