Pomp and Circumstance

Started by Osu, January 08, 2014, 12:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Rainshadow on January 10, 2014, 05:17:05 PM
Quote from: Osu on January 10, 2014, 04:35:25 PM
I think I'll wait a bit before I make a character, in case one is needed for something specific. As far as the RP goes, does anybody have any ballroom shenanigan ideas? Best I can come up with is dibbuns crashing the party or something, which isn't much. You guys?

Sorry, but all I'm picturing is a massive food fight.  :P
Same here. But we can be creative as to how the food fight can start (if a food fight is what we are doing).

Life is too short to rush through it.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on January 10, 2014, 10:13:01 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on January 10, 2014, 05:17:05 PM
Quote from: Osu on January 10, 2014, 04:35:25 PM
I think I'll wait a bit before I make a character, in case one is needed for something specific. As far as the RP goes, does anybody have any ballroom shenanigan ideas? Best I can come up with is dibbuns crashing the party or something, which isn't much. You guys?

Sorry, but all I'm picturing is a massive food fight.  :P
Same here. But we can be creative as to how the food fight can start (if a food fight is what we are doing).

Maybe some teenaged hares can run in and crash the party?  Or have some leverets start it?

EDIT:  Character sheet time!

Major Praeclara Imber
Name:  Major Praeclara "Clara" Imber (the pronunciation of her name being pray-CLAR-uh "CLAR-uh" eem-BEAR (the Rs are rolled))

Species:  Hispid hare

Appearance:  Clara is what many would describe as beautiful, with deep brown eyes, a thin, tall frame, and silky golden-brown fur (image below).  Her paw pads are white, a feature not common with many beasts, but she doesn't enjoy it.  The hare claims that she can be seen easier by the enemy if her paws are white.  So she tries to die them the same colour as her fur, but this usually doesn't work.
 For her clothing, Praeclara is mainly found in her uniform, but on her down time, she enjoys dressing in a comfortable tunic and trousers.  However, for the ball, the major will be dressing in a purple gown (image below).

Personality:  When she was just a leveret, Praeclara was quite a shy creature, but she came out of her shell shortly after joining the Long Patrol.  Still, she's not usually the one to go to parties with.  Unfortunately, as this is a military ball, the hare feels as though she must go, although she would much rather stay in the barracks and read.
 Other than that, Clara loves to eat, and has a massive appetite.  She is fine with her position in the Patrol, glad to have a little authority but also relieved that she doesn't have as much responsibility as others.  She's still young at heart, and isn't overly fond of leading.

Other:  She is unmarried, and has her eye on nobeast.  So, if anyone's playing a male hare and wants to flirt with her, be my guest!  :)

Hispid hare
[close]

Ball gown
[close]
[close]
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Ungatt Trunn

Nice character, Rain! Though, I must ask, do you think you can give her a fixed age? Sorry if this sounds a little weird, but I'm just wondering.

Osu

A food fight is a must, of course. I'm thinking the orchestra should play a big part in that one. ;D

Hmm, maybe some teenaged hares rope some dibbuns into a mastermind plot to take over the ball, only for everything to go hilariously wrong? Something like that.

Other potential disasters -- a young buck chasing after Clara is incapable in catching a hint and their interaction somehow leads to some officer getting a glass of wine in the face -- or something.
On the dance floor, somebody trips/is pushed and all the dancers go down like dominoes? I don't know anything about ballroom dancing and have no idea if that's realistic...
Somebody says something embarrassing/reveals a secret or something during a lull in conversation, or in some way that causes every hare in the chamber to hear it.

I'll keep thinking. OP has been updated, great character, Rain!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on January 11, 2014, 03:40:47 AM
Nice character, Rain! Though, I must ask, do you think you can give her a fixed age? Sorry if this sounds a little weird, but I'm just wondering.

Mmm...  Maybe 32 or 33?  33 at most.

@Osu:  That thing with the whole domino effect?  How 'bout that happens to the orchestra?  Possibly the idea of the buck and Clara (which I very much like!) could fit in there, too!  Maybe the buck getting knocked into the string section after pestering her too much?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Miss RainbowSocks

May I suggest a small vermin attack or something? Unoriginal, but it's all I've got. :P BTW, Rainshadow I've posted in the Christmas card play.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Rainshadow on January 11, 2014, 06:38:58 AM
Mmm...  Maybe 32 or 33?  33 at most.
Alright. That makes her just about my characters age. ;D
Quote from: Rainshadow on January 11, 2014, 06:38:58 AM
@Osu:  That thing with the whole domino effect?  How 'bout that happens to the orchestra?  Possibly the idea of the buck and Clara (which I very much like!) could fit in there, too!  Maybe the buck getting knocked into the string section after pestering her too much?
That sounds pretty good! But how about we extend the domino affect by just a little bit? You know, have on little "mishap" happen that eventually leads to the "massive food fight" as somebody put it before me.

Tiria Wildlough

Name: Captain Ayla Markleham

Personality: Though professional when doing her job, Ayla loves nothing more than a good party. She is notorious for being lighthearted and funny even when it isn't appropriate for the situation.
As a leveret, she was quite hard to manage, until she learned to channel her extra energy into her training. Now, she is a lot better at managing her hyperactive-ness (?) though she still has her neurotic moments. ;D

Appearance: Ayla is quite small, with light brown fur and darker ears and paws. When not wearing her uniform, she likes to wear cute, casual things.
I drew a picture of her.
Ayla

This is what she wears to the banquet.

[close]

Hey, I had an idea. Ayla could have like a little rivalry with Rainshadow's character and maybe subtly trip her up or something, which starts some kind of trouble. :)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Osu

Sweet character, Rain! OP has been updated.

#food fight -- something going on between Clara, a dude, and possibly Ayla leads to somebody getting knocked into the orchestra, which then goes down like dominoes, ending with a bunch of hares (or everybody's trombones or something) crashing onto one side of a banquet table, which flips, springing most of the food and drink across the room, over the orchestra, and dead center into the dancers! Or a group of officers. Or possibly the badger lord. Something like this?

#vermin attack -- what if a couple of technical nobodies decide they're going to sneak into the mountain and steal a magical sword or something while the hares are occupied with their banquet, but somehow end up falling into the middle of the ballroom instead? Cue long silence while everybody turns to stare at them, and then.... PANDEMONIUM! 8D

Leatho Shellhound

Name: Captain Wilhelm Weissfell

Species:  Arctic hare

Appearance: He is well built and muscular, his fur is white in the winter but turns a brown/black colour in summer. He wears a special white tunic with a Distinguished Conduct Medal and a black belt. Wilhelm has a straight sword at his side. He also has black boots and a  thin band of silver around his head. His eyes are a bright brown colour.

Personality: Relaxed and easy to talk to. He normaly looks at the sunny side of things. Altough, he is very confident in battle and will keep a cool head. This is what brought him up the ranks as young as he was.

Other: He's not that good at dancing.

Spoiler

Summer

Winter

[close]
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Osu

He looks great, Leatho! I think his lack of dance skills would be most useful for the purposes of this RP... >:D

Rainshadow

Why do I have the feeling that this RP is gonna be one of the goofiest ones I've ever seen?  ;)

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Osu on January 13, 2014, 01:22:08 AM
He looks great, Leatho! I think his lack of dance skills would be most useful for the purposes of this RP... >:D

I know right! :D Will we get dance partners?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on January 13, 2014, 03:21:04 AM
Quote from: Osu on January 13, 2014, 01:22:08 AM
:D Will we get dance partners?
Never thought of that. Though, would we have to like keep track of who dances with who and stuff like that?

Oh, and on the idea that vermin crash the party: vermin are clear enimys to hares and badgers. If they somehow crash the party, it would turn out with the badger lord saying something like this: "Hares, chain these vermin up. Colonel, take them into the back room. There's an axe right next to the Fizz barrel. You know what to do".
Well, maybe not quite like that. But who knows?

Tiria Wildlough

I like the idea of some young hares crashing the party. Maybe some leverets who aren't old enough to go to the ball but think they are... ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.