News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Wildcat Attack!

Started by Cornflower MM, January 16, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

Travelling, David decided, was not so fun when you were on your own. Unfortunately if you have no friends or family and no home, it was an inevitable part of life. The cat was not one to think things over, he acted brashly and without thinking, the only time he ever thought was when he was bored. Boredom comes with not having fun, thus traveling is boring. Coming to this conclusion he sat down at the base of a tree and pulled out his notebook. The notebook was primarily used for two things, drawing and talking, the former was what was needed to alleviate boredom. He took one of his charcoal sticks from his belt and began to sketch, he had just finished drawing the basic outline of the head and shoulders of a cat when a squirrelmaid walked through his little patch of solitude, a wildcat trailing along behind her
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

"Hey, Kaylan! How's the arrow-fixing going?"

"Fine," the ottermaid replied. As the arrow shaft had cracked near the tip, she had cut the shaft off below the break. Right then she was in the process of fastening a new bone tip to the now shorter shaft. Kaylan finished a moment later and held it up so Arya could see. "There. Good as new."
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

OOC: Jet, I'm pretty sure Yassen is a wildcat, not a leopard. :P

BIC: Argunath stalked along the halls of Redwall, looking around at the high decorated windows and tall, proud pillars. Then he came upon a large tapestry. The cougar searched it with his eyes, his tail twitching behind him. His gaze came to rest on the likeness of a mouse in armor, holding the sword Arya had in her use. The mouse's face was stern, but also kind, and patient. Behind his confident stance vermin fled, as well as a wildcat. Argunath smiled slightly, remembering the one whom he had told to run.
"Deceased warrior, I know not your name, nor how long ago you lived. But I can tell that you honor this place with your spirit: a strength, a hope. Wherever you be in death, I ask you help your creatures here, for this new enemy will be like none ever faced."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

OOC: Huh, I thought he'd called himself a leopard earlier but I looked back and apparently not, I'll change it

The Shade

Yassen glanced at the squirrel, wondering why she had sped up, curious. He glanced in the direction of some movement, and was surprised to see a cat, doing what appeared to be sketching. He made no comment as he continued, now sighting the spires of the enormous abbey. If it hadn't immpressed him before, it did so now at this angle. Who had been the mastermind of this safe haven for woodlanders? Mayhaps he would find out upon entering. Hopefully the food would live up to its reputation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Falco and Reven had decided to take a look at the famous abbey before they hit the sack, but, inevitably, this lend to getting lost. As usual, they blamed each other.

"How did ye manage to lose track of direction this time?"

"Whoa whoa whoa, who said I was meant to know the way?"

"What are these beasts gonna think when they find-"

"Shuttup! Look, there's, er, Ayra? Let's ask her."

The two squirrels came up to Arya, who appeared to be in conversation with someone else, and waited patently.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan then noticed that two squirrels were standing in the doorway, and since Arya was facing her and couldn't see them, she glanced at the squirrelmaid, then nodded briefly in their direction.

OOC: That alright, Corny? It's a slight PP, 'cause you never said which direction Arya was facing.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

OOC: Yes, of course.

BIC: Arya saw Kaylan's nod, and turned. "Oh, hello you two! So, can I help you with anything? Perhaps directions?" She asked, smiling happily. Newcomers frequently got lost in Redwall. That's what came of it being so darn big!
------------------------------------
Bryony glanced around, and saw a cat sitting at the roots of a tree, sketching. She immediately grabbed a big branch and pointed it at the cat. "Who are you? What's your purpose here? And are you with any contact with two wildcats by the names of Grain and Grinda?" She asked in rapid fire succession, and sounding rather threatening.

Jetthebinturong

David held up his paw for her to wait, flipped to the back of the book and began writing

Sorry I can't talk, literally, as in my voice doesn't exist, no sound can come from my lips, my vocal chords are closed, all of that metaphorical stuff. In answer to your first question, my name's David Strider but you can call me Dave if you want. In answer to your second question, there is none, I was just looking for a place to stay for a while. Finally, nope never heard of 'em. So now that I've answered all your questions, let me ask you one of my own: Do you sign?

When he was finished writing he threw the book at her

The Skarzs

OOC: Well, that's interesting.

BIC: Argunath bowed to the likeness of Martin the Warrior in respect for the dead, and walked on.
He decided to go out into the lawns; the falling darkness was welcome, actually. It had been a long day.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

"Ow!" Bryony hadn't caught the book, and it had hit her in the nose. She looked at the cat oddly, then picked the book up. It had fortunately fallen open to the page that the cat had written on, and she quickly read it. "Okay...." She said, then blew out a gust of air. "So, you can't talk, you've not heard of those ******** cats Grain and Grinda, you've no real purpose in Mossflower Woods. Is that right?" She asked, then without waiting for an answer, she said, "Oh, and no, I'm afraid I don't sign. Well, I can, but it's not understandable. But just because I can't sign doesn't mean I don't know how to read it, or whatever you call it." She lightly tossed him his book back. "Now, why on earth have all these cats come to these woods? Even the ones who aren't with the horde's population has gone up from none to two." She said, puzzled, then sighed. "Well, would you like to come with me to Redwall Abbey?"

OOC: The asterisks represent things that should not be spoken in polite company.

Jetthebinturong

David raised an eyebrow at her language (Not that she could see, his eyes hidden under his hood as they were), most beasts weren't comfortable saying that then again they were conquerors and probably deserved it. He began moving his hands in complicated patterns which signed out You sure you can understand this? Before as an afterthought adding an obscene five-letter word that you might call a female dog. It was just to test her, he didn't actually mean it! But he was fully prepared for any retribution that the squirrel might choose to dole out. He knew his language was atrocious, as his bro had repeatedly informed him, whilst hypocritically using the same kind of language, jerk. Perhaps Dave should have tried not to pick up his brother's bad example, it was partly on account of his language that he had to convey what he wanted to say through hand gestures and paper, ah well, he got along just fine with his language the way it was thank you very much, then again he hadn't met anyone since that old, deaf dormouse in the woods and that had been last month-oh look his mind's going off on one of it's legendary ramblings again, he should probably stop thinking in time to see her reaction, sometimes he wonders what it's like to be a normal person who doesn't view life through glasses tinted with metaphors oh look he's doing it again also that was a metaphor about metaphors, how much more ridiculous can his mind get? What was it that she had asked him, he couldn't quite remember, darn it you crazy mind, what have you gotten me in to?

Cornflower MM

OOC: Whoa! That was the longest sentence I've ever seen!

BIC: Bryony watched his paws, and then when he signed the the insult, she shrieked, "Why, you little **********!!!!" Then she threw a rock at him. "Of course I can understand that! That was rude! You're quite lucky I don't have very much extra time on my paws, you ************!!!!" She snarled, then waited for his answer, glaring.

The Skarzs

OOC: I know it isn't actually being said, but can we cut down on the intended swearing please?

BIC: Walking out on the lawns, Argunath looked up at the appearing stars. They are like the ones we have at home, he thought. There, the North Star, and there is the moon.
He sat down on the wall steps and gazed at the ever-darkening sky.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It's near time to stop," Aggril said. "Let's get a small fire going."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Bryony was only, ah, swearing because she's a very profane squigglemaid. It should tone down very shortly.

Jetthebinturong

David dodged the rock and gave a chuckle which sounded like a series of raspy breaths Sorry about that he signed had to make sure then he frowned What were you saying before I started running my m- uh hands off? I got distracted