News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Brian Jacques Day 2014 Discussion Topic

Started by Matthias720, February 05, 2014, 01:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

On honor of Brian Jacques' passing, please share a memory of the impact Brian had (or is having) on your life. When you have done that, join in the feast here.

Tam and Martin

I just have to say, thank you Brian for making all these wonderful books! You are one of the greatest author's ever!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

brocka

Thanks, Brian! We are so fortunate to have the legacy of your great yarns and memeorable characters to enjoy. Currently re-reading Pearls of Lutra. It is one of my personal favorites and still very inspiring.

Shadowed One

Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Iamthatis

I would like to take this time to say Thank You to one of the best. Brian well be truly missed. May Redwall live forever in our hearts. So Cheer's to you Brian.
IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

Firehawke

Redwall is my favorite series...I even used it as the topic for my Master's thesis.  Whenever I'm feeling like there are no good books to read, I pull out one of these and I'm reminded that there are fun books to escape into!  And the books on CD are my go to books for my iPod.  I can't imagine what I would do if there wasn't any Redwall!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Ungatt Trunn

Whenever I feel depressed, or like everything around me is just goung wrong, I can just go and escape into a Redwall book. I've descovered a wonderful world in this series that I could never find in my normal life. Thank you, Brian Jacques, for making the greatest fantasy series of all time.

Life is too short to rush through it.

The Skarzs

You have been the cause of hours of enjoyment reading all your wonderful books, thinking of tunes to match your songs to, and figuring out the riddles. If not for your books, I would not be the person I am today. Thank you.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Russano the Wise

Thank you, Brian Jacques for all the incredible books you've written. They are truly wonderful to read, and I love getting lost in the beautiful descriptions and exciting stories that you tell in each and every book. Thank you so much!  
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Lutra

Redwall as a story was one of the first of many titles involving what you might call "animal fantasy" stories that I read throughout high school, and later, college.  The series has presented me with many hours of enjoyment; I often will re-read stories when I need something to do and don't want to sit at a computer.

Thank you Mr. Jacques. :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Osu

Redwall is the only book series that remains as influential in my life today as it was in my childhood. I've always been an avid reader, so this is very noteworthy coming from me. ;) I still love getting into the books, meeting the heroes and watching Mossflower fall and rise with the endless turn of seasons. This is such an enchanting series. Brian will always be loved for bringing such wonderful stories into the world, and he will always be missed. I'll always be sorry I never took the chance to meet him when I could have.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Zankee very much Brian Jacques for ziz major zeriez ye 'ave created, an' zankee for av ze joy zat it 'az brought, vhezer tae a zimple zchool choild or zomevone gaein' zrough zome rough 'ardzhip. Zankee very, very much!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Without Redwall and the other works of Mr. Jacques, I wouldn't just be short of good memories and books to have and read and enjoy. We'd also all be without the ROC and its long history, and all the impact the books have had on our lives and imaginations.

Thank you Mr. Jacques.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Gonff the Mousethief

Thank you for inspiring hearts, young and old everywhere, with tales of courage, heroicness, sadness and fun!

You have made a world that is unforgettable and will be in our hearts and minds forever. May you rest in peace.

REDWALL!!!!!!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

BrookSkimmer

Brian, you have inspired a generation of young people to love reading and story telling. Thank you for sharing your gifts and creativity with us all!